Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

I don't understand why different texturing choices means Ratchet is suddenly uncanny valley when that's like the modus operandi of the CGI films we all watch without batting an eyelid. No really, he looks like something out of a CGI film, where you can have cartoony-designed animals with fur the studios brag about as being realistic. I don't understand why this becomes an issue when we get into gaming.

• Thumbs Up 5

So this time Europe are the ones not getting a disc release? Go figure.

Just comes to show how much stake is being put into this title.

Apparently, Europe is also getting the disc.  I can deal with this.

Edited by Katzii

• 1 month later...

The game looks really great so far; the weapons all have some really cool uses and fit well with each other (using the gravity shot gun and a rocket weapon sounds really cool), the platforming looks just as good as ACiT, and the Clank 2d sections look really interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of this great return to traditional Ratchet :)

Very interested in this game. The game play looks excellent, as do the level environments and new weapons. I don't know much about the story other then what he just told in the video, but I'm sure it'll turn out good as well like most of the past games. I'll be interested to see how the 2d sections for Clank work, but they look fine from that video.

I'll be buying this as soon as it comes out for sure, I'm excited to try it out.

Edited by Polan

Finally we're getting the proper next Rachet game after all those spin-off titles. This game looks great. 

Definitely looking forward to this! I need to finish the Future series so I'll be better fit to play this one.

Really liking their use of comedic weapons to provide some contrast to the serious storyline elements; turning enemies into Snowmen is easily the greatest thing since the RYNO playing freaking classical music.

Definitely looking forward to this! I need to finish the Future series so I'll be better fit to play this one.

Really liking their use of comedic weapons to provide some contrast to the serious storyline elements; turning enemies into Snowmen is easily the greatest thing since the RYNO playing freaking classical music.

Didn't play ToD or ACiT yet? Your in for a treat as those are the best Ratchet tittles out there and are really great looking to boot :)

As for the new weapons, I really like how they can be used in more creative ways; use the gravity shot gun to lock enemies in air, use rocket/pistol to shoot them, then use the Snowman gun to finish them off. The Clank sections look really cool as well; reminds me a lot of the Quark 2D levels from UYA.

The only game I finished was Going Commando... I ragequit the final boss of 1 and got scared of sharks in 3. Worked slowly through Tools of Destruction, but then my PS3 got fried and I had to start over, and that left a bit of a dent in things as I didn't want to play the other two Future titles without beating that one first.

With regards to design, since Ratchet's gameplay can get repetitive (slug match after slug match, mother of God), it's good they really toyed with a lot of new things in this one to make for some interesting combat and puzzles. Ultimately I think that's what helps keep the series alive - they always find new spins to put on the combat and platforming theme.

The only game I finished was Going Commando... I ragequit the final boss of 1 and got scared of sharks in 3. Worked slowly through Tools of Destruction, but then my PS3 got fried and I had to start over, and that left a bit of a dent in things as I didn't want to play the other two Future titles without beating that one first.

With regards to design, since Ratchet's gameplay can get repetitive (slug match after slug match, mother of God), it's good they really toyed with a lot of new things in this one to make for some interesting combat and puzzles. Ultimately I think that's what helps keep the series alive - they always find new spins to put on the combat and platforming theme.

You never played UYA?!? That's the best one in the series man (I should know, I beat the PS2 version almost 10 times) biggrin.png!

You really should give it another go, as it does a good amount to mix things up (Quark 2D levels, hacking mini games, Clank puzzle sections, a Giant Clank level, large scale combat areas, arena challenges, and much more) and its one of the most polished out of the PS2 Ratchet tittles.

ACiT is the best PS3 Ratchet and ToD has the most, "gimmicks" so the speak (a lot of stuff with the Sixias controller) along with a mammoth arsenal (and also has the most platforming between it and ACiT), so both tittles are really awesome. Enjoy the Ratchet series man, its a great one :)

• 1 month later...

This was put up on Youtube a few days ago by Sony.

Also I guess if you pre-order from "participating retailers" you'll get some special armor that slightly reduces damage. Preorder at amazon at you get a bundle of themed content for PS home (no clue what that means).

Game to be released Nov. 12 in NA and the 13th in Europe.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/3/4798208/ratchet-and-clank-into-the-nexus-release-date

I have to say I'm quite excited to play this.

Edited by Llama := ('Best')

This game looks so good.

Thugs-4-Less are back? Fuck yeah!

My experience at Expo 2013, and this video, continue to validate my opinion that I think the Ratchet costume looks kind of creepy.

Neat little comedy video though! Good to see Insomniac retains their sense of humor...

I may need to preorder this... it's a good thing it's a PS3 game and not PS4 because it'll be a while before I get the latter I think.

So I just seen the price for this game... Really? Less than a full retail price? You really don't have no excuse NOT to get this game when it's so cheap!

That and fucking finally back to old Ratchet Gameplay with none of the lame co-op shit, it's been too long Insomniac...

This game never fails to impress me every time I look at it.

Dis game gone be epic. I'm a big fan of A Crack In Time so to see a full conclusion to the Future sub-series will be very special.

So I just seen the price for this game... Really? Less than a full retail price? You really don't have no excuse NOT to get this game when it's so cheap!

That and fucking finally back to old Ratchet Gameplay with none of the lame co-op shit, it's been too long Insomniac...

Some might see the low price point as a sign of inferiority. Think its been mentioned earlier on the topic.

Edited by Major Ziggy

Looking up to be pretty good though that boss better not get winterized so easily when the game comes out.

This game is looking better and better, Insomniac even got the game to be at a more stable frame rate (though it does dip a good bit when the Scare Box weapon is used). The story looks to be just as good as the Future tittles and Insomniac still have a lot of humor left in them despite there game last game, Fuse, being the blandest game this year.

Cant wait to pick this up this fall, so good seeing Ratchet back in his classic style again :).

Looking up to be pretty good though that boss better not get winterized so easily when the game comes out.

He said that he had a higher level Winterizer than you normally would when he used it.

He said that he had a higher level Winterizer than you normally would when he used it.

Yeah I know but even if it is high leveled I think the Ryno should be the only thing able to do that to a boss (but I wouldn't mind if it was kept this way in the game either, I was half joking on that comment).

• 2 weeks later...

It is incredibly early in the game you know

Yeah, but a boss should never really go down that easily.