Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Ming Ming Hatsune

What is that a new form of the Mr.Zurkon Weapon? Or A cheat replacement like in Tools Of Destruction?

Edited by sjmaster92

Really cool of them to include Quest for Booty with Nexus, never played that one. That Mr. Zerkon upgrade looks awesome; he's funny by himself, imagine his family joining in for the carnage tongue.png!. Really glad the game looks to be really great :).

I gotta admit, the free quest for booty kind of tempts me to get this too since I actually haven't played it myself and if there is going to be a retail release for this game ill definitely pick it up.

I'm going to be giving away that Quest For Booty voucher the second I get it. It's entirely worthless to me since I bought it over five years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

This game has got me more excited than Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts. Not even full retail price and back to the classic Ratchet and Clank style. I'm seriously psyched up for this game.

Oooo! Move over Sonic Dash!

Do you get the app free for purchasing the game? Can it be bought separately, etc.?

I do hope details emerge soon! The ability to use accrued Raritanium from the app in the actual game is a really awesome idea, though... even when you're not at home you can still find ways to help the little lombax profit!

I'm pretty sure it's free on the App Store.

I'd hope so!

It doesn't seem like there's any information on the app though... I'm guessing it hasn't been released yet, accordingly, since I can't find anything on it. I presume it will launch on the 12th with the actual game, though; that would make sense.

I ponder which platforms it will be on... most likely iOS. I ponder if Android users will get it as well?

What the... hell did I just read?

I mean seriously. If you say you're confused, you end up with:

Doesn't make any sense, eh? I'll show you "not making any sense."

You reach for your blaster only to find that it has inexplicably transformed into a tiny Chimera. It nibbles at your finger as you touch it. You jerk your hand away out of shock, but still - you're curious. How did this happ-

Before you can finish your thought, the Chimera grows to over twenty-feet tall. You cower in fear - barelyy able to hold your Wrench in front of you for some false sense of protection.

"How did this happen?" the Chimera bellows. "Global warming and five-dollar-footlongs, sucka!"

He pulls the trigger on his Bullseye - and you meet the darkness...

How's that for making sense, huh? Huh!? Next time, accept the Blaster we graciously leveled up for you, okay?

I give props to Insomniac's writing team. They are probably about as bonkers as the guys who write Portal's script.

A lot of people seem to be having that problem. Not really sure what to do about it. Oddly enough, the code on mine is perfectly visible despite having no use for it. I'm likely going to give it away to someone.

I'm late posting this but I have the platinum trophy in this game as well as all of the skill points. Been done with the game for days. If anyone has any questions or needs help then I'm your guy.

Into the Nexus, despite being a budget title is easily the best game in the series since 2009's A Crack in Time (surprise, surprise). It's also good enough for me to set aside Going Commando as my third favorite game in the entire series (behind Up Your Arsenal and A Crack in Time). It's really that good.

It's a little too Full Frontal Assault-ish as far as how the game feels and controls for my liking but there's more than enough present to distract me from that and enjoy it for what it is. One of my favorite aspects of Into the Nexus is that not even a single weapon comes off as mediocre or underwhelming. I honestly can't say I have never felt this way about the weapon roster in Ratchet game before this one. All of the weapons are really fucking good. It's actually kinda crazy.

The game is kinda plagued with numerous audio related glitches that can take you out of the experience but when everything works it works beautifully. The story is good, the characterization and voice acting is top-notch as usual, it's a treat visually and the gameplay is definitely a reminder of why the series has continuously been popular for over a decade.

My biggest gripe with the game is ultimately that, well.. it's a budget title and not a full $60 experience. The gravity based mechanics are fun and interesting but it feels almost like all of that stuff is over too quickly or that there isn't enough of it because of the effort made to cram as much content as possible into a $30.

If Insomniac were to have put more money and time into this project it would have had the potential to surpass even A Crack in Time. Third best isn't bad for a series of this pedigree tho'. If you enjoy the series there's really no excuse not to pick this game up.

If you had to ask me to rank every Insomniac made game in the Ratchet series currently it'd look something like this:

Up Your Arsenal

A Crack in Time

Into the Nexus

Going Commando

Tools of Destruction*

Deadlocked*

Original

Quest For Booty

Full Frontal Assault

All 4 One

*I originally had these swapped around but a recent playthrough of both made me change my mind. I don't think either game is inherently better than the other, it just comes down to preference.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good to hear that the game is really good, but.............fucking hell make a big-budget Rachet again Sony! Why are you not doing that.....................It is not like the games sell badly. 

I don't think it's the fault of Sony so much as it's the fault of Insomniac. This game is something Insomniac wanted to throw together as a send off to the PlayStation 3 console. The main branch is quietly at work on the Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive, and it's pretty safe to assume that a new Ratchet game is in the early stages for the PlayStation 4.

I expect an announcement close to or after Sunset Overdrive's release some time next year. The animated film is coming out in theaters early 2015 and there's no way there won't be some sort of cross promotion done in that time.

Edited by Chooch

• 4 weeks later...

So I finished this game on Friday night and I've got to say that I agree with Chooch, this game is ridiculously good and probably one of, if not the best Ratchet games to date.

It wasn't painfully short like I was imagining it to be, but I really wanted more depth with Vendra and Neftin since I fucking love their characters, the weapons have been finely tuned and chosen well this time around too, the only weapon I felt wasn't needed was the Netherblades, but everything else was awesome, found myself sticking with fusion grenades and the Nightmare box, which is awesome for stalling and freezing enemies attacking you all over, but also the Tempural Disruptor (An over the top shot gun) has cool gravity disruption that makes enemies fly through the air after a knock back.

It's definitely the most fun I've had since Tools of Destruction for me, and feels like it's leagues above a Crack in Time, despite it being a budget title! My only gripe weapon wise outside of the Netherblades taking a while to upgrade is how hit and miss the RYNO has become, I know it's more of a ridiculous novelty weapon, but the RYNO was ridiculously OP in ToD, it was ok in aCiT but in Nexus, it sort of is just an over glorified mini gun that spits and spurts to the theme of the classic music that plays and rarely does a noticeable amount of damage compared to a Fusion Grenade, or Peacemaker rocket.

Otherwise it's easily my fav ratchet game to date, just really wish it wasn't a budget title, it could have been so much more.

If you feel the RYNO VII is too weak then you just need to upgrade it further. It melts mini bosses even on Legend difficulty. Hell, I think most weapons in the game are ridiculously overpowered this time. Kind of a blessing and a curse.

There's a glitch with the Vortex / Singularity Grenade that allows you to instant kill everything in the game except the final boss. It's hilarious.

Holy fuck I want to try this, I'm currently going through new game+ on challenge mode just upgrading my weapons, I keep meaning to focus on upgrading the RYNO VII but using the nightmare box and Winterizer is too much fun.