Awoo.

New Images and Info from 4Gamer.net!

Hero of Legend

Oh right, lol. I thought you were disappointed about the Wisps, not the "BIG blowout". Yeah :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh right, lol. I thought you were disappointed about the Wisps, not the "BIG blowout". Yeah tongue.png

Yeah I love me some Wisps I just expected more from the title haha. Wait so it's been confirmed that Saturn Wisp is only on 3DS? Also I'm hyped for the rest of the new Wisps Aaron mentioned.

GThe title of this thread should be changed to something like "New Images and Info from 4Gamer.net!" to avoid more disappointment.

Yeah, I was sorta expecting a cutscene or some other level footage/screenshots we haven't seen before tbh. All that was really new was the saturn wisp and a new sonic render that looks like the next frame of an animation compared to a similar Colors render.

The pessimism in me believes that the reason we haven't seen any cutscenes because the game lacks any sort of story like Generations. :P

Six new characters and you think there won't be a real story? Nah.

Edited by Jango

Despite several story premises revealed, character confirmed to have roles and a SonicxEggman dynamic confirmed, it will definitely be as bare bones as Gens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colors had a few plot threads, about seven or so Wisps with given personalities, and a Sonic and Tails dynamic, and the narrative still sucked. We don't know if it will be as barebones as Gens, but citing things that were in the last two games as proof Lost Worlds will have definitely a more involved story isn't a convincing argument at this point.

• Thumbs Up 8

Six new characters and you think there won't be a real story? Nah.

Six characters, in one group. Aside from each having a snippet of personality that's basically just one character.

I don't think that's really fair considering each and everyone one of them have personality quirks to call their own and separate them from the others  but whatever.

The Koopalongs aren't, but their presence doesn't inherently hint at games with rollicking adventure stories that are at least brave enough to ask me to invest in events and outcomes, which is basically the ultimate point of this tangent and the one Azure made well: lots o' characters don't necessarily hint at involving narratives. So what if they're introducing a group of six? They could just be boss fodder.

• Thumbs Up 4

They all act as a unit constantly and never individually, so yea. One character isn't too hard to assume.

So.. how about that there Sonic at night with that Cray-Cray Orb thing looming overhead...

2ueu1dw.jpg

Between screens like this and Heroes' Hang Castle Zone, this Majora's Mask fan is more pleased than he probably should be.

I imagine that that moon...thing... Is actually a natural part of the landscape that Zazz was stealing in previous screens, and not a bomb as was popularly theorized. Well, it makes Moon Thing more endearing if that's the case. x3

I don't think that's really fair considering each and everyone one of them have personality quirks to call their own and separate them from the others  but whatever.

Having a mote of a stock personality doesn't make for much of a character. Like Azure said, they always function as a group moreso than individual characters; they are The Koopalings, not Larry-and-Iggy-and-Wendy-and etc etc. And basically all they've ever amounted to is "here is a bunch of boss fights". They don't have individual agency, they don't have arcs based on their particular traits/personality/etc. They're really just minions, one rank above goombas; extensions of Bowser's will rather than full characters.

Of course not every group of characters is necessarily like this, but considering how the writing has been handled lately that's how I expect the Deadly Six to go down.

I imagine that that moon...thing... Is actually a natural part of the landscape that Zazz was stealing in previous screens, and not a bomb as was popularly theorized. Well, it makes Moon Thing more endearing if that's the case. x3

What if the moon is there during certain stages of the game to change the time from day to night and with it add slower or faster paths/easier or harder enemies/etc. depending on the time of day it is.

What if each level has something like that moon thing that each of the deadly six are after? Sonic of course has to get them back or keep them from getting them. They would basically just be the Gaia temples or the Generators of Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like that idea. I just wonder what exactly these things do. For some reason they make me think of the "planet eggs" in Sonic X; maybe they bring life to the area they're in and if they're taken away from that Zone, Bad Things™ will happen?

There, I finally changed the title, took me long enough. (forgot I can change the title, damn you GAF and your time limit on that).

*hit by Tomato*

• Thumbs Up 1

What if each level has something like that moon thing that each of the deadly six are after? Sonic of course has to get them back or keep them from getting them. They would basically just be the Gaia temples or the Generators of Lost World.

*SEGA HQ ALARM* "THEY'VE DISCOVERED THE PLOT! DELAY THE GAME! BLOG POST ABOUT SONIC 4 RELEASING ON MORE PLATFORMS!"