Awoo.

Worms 3 (iOS) "One, Two, FIVE!" "Three sir..." "THREE!?"

Badnik Mechanic

Team17 have announced that Worms 3 is in production and will be exclusive to the iOS.

ku-xlarge.jpg

However whats odd... Worms 3 already exists, it was called Worms 3D and was even followed by Worms 4.

Anyway. Worms 3 is exclusive to iOS and... here are the bullet points.

• PLAY online with asynchronous multiplayer warfare. Enroll in ranked or friendly matches and show off your prowess. Remember, with async you don’t have to commit to a full session at a time. Take your turn then go beat your friend’s score in the single player Bodycount mode!

• CONQUER 27 single player missions across 4 themes: Beach, Spooky, Farmyard and Sewer.

• BATTLE in multiplayer Forts or Deathmatch modes and challenge yourself with the increasingly difficult Bodycount single player game.

• Local Pass N Play multiplayer for up to four players!

• INCOMING! New weapons such as Nora’s Virus, Black Hole Grenade, Canned Heat and the return of fan favourites such as the Old Lady, Homing Pigeon and Boggy B!

• DEAL yourself the advantage with a new, game-changing enhancement. Turn on the card mode and alter the start and end of each turn by the playing of strategic cards.

• COLLECT in-game rewards that allow you to purchase bronze, silver and gold cards. Build your deck from 41 fiendishly designed cards!

• ENLIST your perfect battle combination as you choose your Worms from a new ‘Class’ system - Heavy, Scientist, Scout and classic Soldier. Each has its own unique skill and ability.Which will fit in with your style of play?

• GO LARGE with the fabulous AirPlay feature. Link up to Apple TV and play on one device with up to four players on the big screen. The active player can plot their move secretly on the iOS device while the waiting gamers can witness the move on the TV screen!

• CUSTOMIZE your squad and make them unique with a huge amount of customizable elements new to iOS!

• GREATER CONTROL for players who can now choose between an all-new D-Pad control system and the original touch controls.

• MARVEL at the glorious streamlined menu system. Gamers can now enjoy a much more pleasant and navigable menu system with a quick access player hub for all updates and information!

• BE THE BEST and Worm your way to the top of the Leaderboards across all major game modes including single player as well as asynchronous online ranked matches.

• Show off your skills by earning Achievements! A delightful blend of the simple and complex, these goals have been deliberately engineered to push you and your Wormy skills to the limits!

And here are some screens

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Erm... do we want this?

More at Kotaku.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Worms since the original back on the Playstation. I used to spend hours making my own teams. Why they've decided to call it 3 though I have no idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMDdh-H6Fs

This is more ridiculous than naming a new game the same as the original game in the series. 

Holy-Hand-Grenade-011.gif

"One, two, three, four, FIVE!"

"Three, sir!"

"THREE!"

The icing on the cake would probably have to be the strong possibility they're still using the actual Holy Hand Grenade as a usable weapon.

• Thumbs Up 4

Holy-Hand-Grenade-011.gif

"One, two, three, four, FIVE!"

"Three, sir!"

"THREE!"

The icing on the cake would probably have to be the strong possibility they're still using the actual Holy Hand Grenade as a usable weapon.

Oh, the series still has it to this very day.

Also, it looks like this is just Worms Revolution except with 2D graphics rather than 3D. Nobody should really bother with this thing if they already have Revolution on PC.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

I hate that iOS exists and is taking away all the games from consoles I would actually like to play these games on :')

Bring it out on Vita or 3DS or Wii U (touch screen AND buttons thank you) then we'll talk.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hate that iOS exists and is taking away all the games from consoles I would actually like to play these games on :')

Bring it out on Vita or 3DS or Wii U (touch screen AND buttons thank you) then we'll talk.

Just buy Revolution on Steam. Worms 3 looks like exactly the same game, except with 2D graphics and static backgrounds.

I like 2D graphics

..but static backgrounds doesn't sound so great.

(Worms 2 is still the best one to me probably)

I like 2D graphics

..but static backgrounds doesn't sound so great.

(Worms 2 is still the best one to me probably)

It's fairly obvious that said backgrounds are static, just look at the rat in the two sewer shots. It's probably not a straight port of Revolution simply because iOS can't handle that shit. It also seems that this game doesn't have the physics objects or the water physics.

Edited by Shirou Emiya