Awoo.

Sonic Rush on PSN/XBLA?

AnotherAge

Hell yeah!

I love me some Sonic Rush. I love the way it is so fast and entertaining. I think it's a great Sonic game! It would be great to play this on PS3/Xbox once Sonic's Nintendo exclusivity runs out.

Would Sonic Team be able to rerelase a DS game on other consoles? Moreover, would any of you pick it up. 

Sonic Rush got almost unanimous critical acclaim and good commercial success. It seems a no brainer. If Nintendo hold any sort of licensing, it should certainly be released on the WiiU shop!

What do you guys think? 

Let me know!

Ummm your logic is extremely flaweed. First off games released exclusively on Nintendo consoles generaly dont get released on other ones, let alone portable ones. Second, it would only be released on portables, and PSVITA is extremely unlikely, only possibility would be release on the 3Ds, which would have little possibility since you can already play DS games on the 3Ds

• Thumbs Up 2

I fail to see how the screen switching and other DS-unique gameplay elements could be bought in. Plus, with Nintendo still being around and all, it's heavily unlikely it's gonna be released on PS3 and 360.

Rush wouldn't work on anything other than the DS lineup without serious modification, which sounds like more work than profit.

Sonic Rush came out in 2005... why would we want a console port at this point when everybody who would've wanted to play it already has?

If the game were remade/remastered in HD or something... I guess it might pass off as an XBLA or PSN title maybe but... I'd still rather we'd get a new Sonic game like Lost World.

Modifying it for something like that would be a pain in the butt due to the screen switching in the game. It would be a ton of work for something completely unnessicary. There's no need for it to be playable on something other than the DS because no one wants to play it on something other than the DS. It has mechanics that are only for the DS.

Edited by SheWhoRantsTooMuch
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with SheWhoRantsTooMuch, the screen switching would not be possible on the 360 or PS3. Even with Xbox's Smartglass it wouldn't work. I, myself have tried Smartglass on a Kindle Fire HD, it has a tendency to lag severely at times since it works through the home network, not directly to the console; and I have the best router my ISP can offer. So if Sonic Rush were to be ported to the Xbox, there would be SO much input lag, it would be completely unplayable. Not only that, not everyone can shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for a tablet or phone to use Smartglass.

Edited by DemonShad716
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well people did hope for Colors to get a 360 and PS3 port. Doesn't surprise me people would want Rush ported to something else. The only difference however is Rush was built specifically for the DS, so it would be quite a challenge porting rush on a console or even the vita.

To be honest, I can see Rush working on the Wii U, though. The TV screen acts as the top half and the Gamepad screen can act as the bottom half. If they made a Rush HD or something for the Wii U eShop, I'd support it fully if it was like this.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, I can see Rush working on the Wii U, though. The TV screen acts as the top half and the Gamepad screen can act as the bottom half. If they made a Rush HD or something for the Wii U eShop, I'd support it fully if it was like this.

True, I'd buy it for that platform. Seems doable since you already got all the controls the DS has.

What If someone is using the TV?

I don't have a WiiU yet so I don't know if that whole play games on your tablet thing is only exclusive for certin games or something.

Edited by Young Xehanort

What If someone is using the TV?

Then I guess it's time to stop playing then. Not all WiiU games use Off-TV play, do they?

I am of the opinion that the dual-screen layout was an useless gimmick. I would prefer to just have the game on ONE screen and the other can be used for HUD.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can fit all the gameplay on one screen without losing anything. A console port would work well, it might improve on the base gameplay to.

I... don't actually see how screen switching is all that important to the game, or how it could possibly be at all difficult to translate to TV screens. Even if it was impossible to just take one screen and increase its resolution, what's stopping them from just showing them both on the same screen? This isn't fuckin' rocket science, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awww man, I thought this was a news announcement! Bah! As I don't have a DS or DS-like handheld I never got to play Rush... ah well, Clement's next Sonic LP is Rush, so yay! :D

The screen switching isn't important to the game, but more a gimmick of the console. I'd imagine not would be fairly difficult to remove though as that would mean either the playing screen would have black edges, due to the on screen display being twice the height, or difficult to remove the programming built into the game that tells us when Sonic is above/ below a certain point the screen switches

I would like another game featuring Sonic and Blaze as the playable characters.

Maybe for the ten year anniversary of Rush...

I would too, unfortunately the Handheld market has stopped getting exclusive games and seems to just get either watered down parts, or inferior game versions to the console version, the last 2 (3)DS games were Generations and Colours. Seems that the exclusive titles have ceased for the handheld market, Nintendo had Rush, Sony has Rivals. Is there still a rumoured Sonic 3DS game being developed for? Or has it turned out that its Lost World?

I hope they do makes Rush 3, Blaze is a pretty beat character and the series is pretty good at characterisation I think, not storybook levels but pretty good

Removing the screen switching would actually be very simple. It's just a viewport system. Anyone familiar with OpenGL will understand the concept. It's essentially having another 'camera' in the game world. It would just be a matter of removing that code and changing the FOV of the primary camera.

I thought this was an actual thing and not speculation.  I was ready to go turn on the xbox and spend money

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought this was an actual thing and not speculation.  I was ready to go turn on the xbox and spend money

Yeah the title should be changed. :P

Yeah can we get a topic title change here *snap snap*

I doubt we see Rush and Rush Adventure as anything more then Wii-U or 3DS Shop exclusives. I really just don't see those games leaving Nintendo consoles.