Awoo.

Bandai-Namco teasing a new title.

Kuzu

http://newgame1.bngames.net/

Some speculate that its finally TKxSF, but who knows.

I sure do hope so. Haven't heard much from this game since it was announced literally ages ago when it was announced in conjunction with SFxT.

The only reason a new game announcement would actually excite me would be if Bamco made a legitimate effort to revive Digimon as a brand in the west.

Of course, it's Bamco, so that's very unlikely, therefore they can go fuck themselves. The only upcoming game from them that even remotely interests me is Dark Souls 2.

... You know, it's kinda sad. Pretty much nearly every major third-party publisher is halfway down the shitter in some way or another at least. Capcom and Sega still have issues with their western and eastern divisions being on completely different tracks (and Capcom is relentlessly pursuing the CoD money at the expense of some of their beloved franchises), among other things, EA is the most hated publisher and with good reason, Activision is still being Activision, Square-Enix has run into a brick wall with AAA titles that are too expensive to actually be profitable, and it's like Bamco is being run by a bunch of headless chickens (seriously, it's a miracle that Project X Zone was actually localized).

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only reason a new game announcement would actually excite me would be if Bamco made a legitimate effort to revive Digimon as a brand in the west.

Of course, it's Bamco, so that's very unlikely, therefore they can go fuck themselves. The only upcoming game from them that even remotely interests me is Dark Souls 2.

... You know, it's kinda sad. Pretty much nearly every major third-party publisher is halfway down the shitter in some way or another at least. Capcom and Sega still have issues with their western and eastern divisions being on completely different tracks (and Capcom is relentlessly pursuing the CoD money at the expense of some of their beloved franchises), among other things, EA is the most hated publisher and with good reason, Activision is still being Activision, Square-Enix has run into a brick wall with AAA titles that are too expensive to actually be profitable, and it's like Bamco is being run by a bunch of headless chickens (seriously, it's a miracle that Project X Zone was actually localized).

Its all about how they adapted to the current climate in this gaming age; things are much different then they were in the PS2 days, including the inflated cost of making games now (its amazing how much some of these games budgets are, and the games still come out like shit like AC 3 and the factory-produced COD's) alongside them not adapting well to the online/digital age, which we have seen VERY clearly in publishers like EA and Capcom. 

This is a shame, as these publishers did make/fund great games and its just messed up that the good games these guys make are clouded by there shity policies, making people not by there game just by name alone.  Lets hope this new generation changes these issues so some of these great publishers come back (very hopeful that Konomi, Square, Capcom and Namco come back stronger than ever with the supposed easer time making games on the PS4 and X1).

Sexy Suspender Strip Tease? YES PLZ NAMCO!

But anyways what's with the V and the F and the random numbers next to them?

Did they steal Virtua Fighter or something?

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Klonoa 3

believe

Ha. I wish. But unfortunately, they aren't working on any new Klonoa games as confirmed by his creator in a 1up interview from last year, due to the Wii remake bombing so bad (again).

Of course, however, that was from last year. Who knows what Yoshizawa is up to now?

Ha. I wish. But unfortunately, they aren't working on any new Klonoa games as confirmed by his creator in a 1up interview from last year, due to the Wii remake bombing so bad (again).

Of course, however, that was from last year. Who knows what Yoshizawa is up to now?

It's a trick!

Obviously a surprise for Klonoa 3 multiplat release on PC/360/PS3/Wii U

:'-(

I don't get why Namco would just make a low-budget Klona PSN/360 tittle that builds off of the great mechanics/ideas of the past games; FC did something like this with Blood Dragon as did CoJ with Gunslinger and those did very well for Ubisoft.  Not to mention the game being a 2d side scroller would fit right at home on Digital Stores and with it having a 15-20 price point will make people eat it up :)

Really like the PS2 Klona, so its a shame that the poor guy hasn't had any new games recently (besides the Wii remake of the original in 2009/10) :(

I don't get why Namco would just make a low-budget Klona PSN/360 tittle that builds off of the great mechanics/ideas of the past games; FC did something like this with Blood Dragon as did CoJ with Gunslinger and those did very well for Ubisoft.  Not to mention the game being a 2d side scroller would fit right at home on Digital Stores and with it having a 15-20 price point will make people eat it up smile.png

Really like the PS2 Klona, so its a shame that the poor guy hasn't had any new games recently (besides the Wii remake of the original in 2009/10) sad.png

I believe all of the Klonoa games were relatively low-budget. How else were all of them so short in length (except for maybe Klonoa Heroes, but that was an RPG and honestly I have no idea how long it is, since it was never released outside of Japan), not to mention being simple enough in every aspect of them?

Try as they might, but it won't do them good if they do not advertise them enough. That's the main reason why the Klonoa franchise is so obscure (or at least not as popular as, say, Sonic or something), because they keep on failing to market them well. Even for the Wiimake, they only had two adverts, one of which I've only seen on a wiki site, and the other was a poorly done TV commercial.

This is why I believe that only a crossover will help him out. Whether he's doing one with Sonic, ends up in Smash Bros. U, or had he ended up in Project x Zone along with Sonic, either way he'll finally get the needed recognition that he sorely deserves.

Honestly I think that namco could really benefit from trying to get klonoa back in there (maybe sneak a demo into a mario game or something) and I can imagine them not having to do to much to the core gameplay to make the game great since it was already pretty awesome in klonoa 2 as it was and all they would have to do is maybe make the game atleast an hour or two longer and maybe add in a couple of new abilities to klonoa that go with the ring.

Naturally I'll join the Klonoa wishlist. It's a shame the games were so poorly marketed, given that they were solid overall.

Project X Zone was a big let down for me specifically because it lacked the Klonoa versus Sonic action that I was craving. Maybe some day Namco will actually do something with their little fuzzy hero.

Heck, I'm of the opinion most furry characters should be given to SEGA or Nintendo at this point really; they actually use them.

Will be following regardless...

It's probably some random mech game that us in the west won't care about much or get to play.

I mean, do those smooth black boxes indicate anything? It definitely looks sci-fi-y from that, there's no way a Klonoa game would have that kind of mis-en-scene on a teaser site.

Maybe it's that Tekken card game on 3DS lmao.

Either way I'm not hoping for much because I don't know many sci-fi Bamco games worthy of note.

Edited by SuperLink

Either way I'm not hoping for much because I don't know many sci-fi Bamco games worthy of note.

Xenosaga.

Xenosaga.

I suppose that fits and is possible, but isn't it dead? Not to mention Monolith doesn't have free reign with Namco anymore.

plus idk, maybe I'm reading too much into the teaser site's imagery, but I always thought Xenosaga's primary colourscheme would be blue white and black rather than red. The red is pretty prominent in the site design is all.

Maybe it's another Super Robot Wars game, even tho there's just been a new one in Japan.

EDIT: It's a collection of anime games from the Famicom and SFamicom

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/16/jump-legend-biography-for-3ds-revealed-its-a-compilation-of-retro-anime-games/

Nothin' too exciting.

Edited by SuperLink