Awoo.

Lost World Trailer 2 "This looks a bit like *Insert game here*"

Badnik Mechanic

The level with the giant owls reminds me of Road to Ruin from Crash Bandicoot 2. And that's pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hogfather, you didnt mention that the game is now E10, instead of the E rating the previous 2 or 3 games were.

The game looks fun, potentially the best 3D game to date. I love the overall art style and it'll be interesting to see what the games story is.

As it is I still have no other reason to buy a WiiU (or want too) so I don't know when or if I'll get to play it :/

Edited by SkyLlama

Fine there we go.

Though I wonder why it's now E10...

Awww... this means that the game is not aimed at Sega's primary demographic for Sonic. Meaning if you're under 10, you cannot play the Sonic.  /horrible old man.

I really like the sound of the Rhythm Wisp.

I just hope it doesn't mean bottomless pits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watching it again...

With the exception of the Knuckles/deadly six voice... This is the extent of the Deadly Six's dialogue.

"BLURGH!" "BOO!" "OUGA BOOGAH!" Blaugh! BLAYGH!"

And one of them is actually waving his arms in the air like a schoolboy trying to immitate a ghost! Behold! The Deadly Six!

P.S. Red Eagle Wisp is giving me a Dark/Demons Souls Black Phantom vibes with that odd glow.

"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that. Lie down and die!!!"

Wow, the red-deadly six guy sounds as bad as Eggman. I wonder who the voice actor for him is?

Edited by Adam West -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 3

It sounds like the red guy didn't read the entire profile on Sonic. It looks like he skipped the part of Sonic defeating Eggman every time. 

Wow, that desert level looks incredibly empty and uninteresting. Just like with most of the original Colour Powers, Eagle and Asterdoid seem to be taking cues from some of the friends' abilites, namely Rouge's flight and Blaze's fire. Rhythm honestly just looks as dumb and out of place as Cube, though.

Still not entirely hyped for this game, and it just so happens to come out 10 days after Pokemon X/Y... not sure if that's a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer music sounds a lot like kele-tenderoni that they used for sonic generations.

I liked what I saw.

That jungle level looks sweet, with a lot of detail put into it. It also features rails, so I guess rails aren't completely gone yet from Sonic levels. There's also proof we'll get a proper desert level for Desert Ruins World. The nighttime ruins level looks nice too.

In terms of the Wisps, Sonic's Eagle Wisp looks badass. The Rhythm Wisp looks pretty cool too, although as SuperLink said hopefully they won't be placed over bottomless pits all of the time.

There's also one area in the gameplay trailer (the rotating bridge with the rings just after) which looks like it will use the Wii U Gamepad's gyroscope/motion controls. Note how it slowly picks up speed as it move and Sonic is launched in a straight line into the air into the lined-up path of rings.

Glad SLoW was given a late October release as opposed to the standard early November release because a bunch of AAA games come out during the November month which is the start of the holiday season. He could probably get a little more exposure/sales before the videogame holiday season. It also shows the "Nintendo eShop" in the trailer, does that mean SLoW will be available as a digital download (for the 3DS)?

The in-game cutscene for the Zeti looks a bit...off though. I can't put my finger on why it is. Maybe it's the editing, or the graphics? I also don't know what's up with the E10-as-opposed-to-E rating either.

Seems the Wisps do play quite a large role in the gameplay, so the "Sonic Colors 2" claims are likely spot on the money. 

Edited by Gabe

The trailer music sounds a lot like kele-tenderoni that they used for sonic generations.

It's Cinema from Benny Benassi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KqDVNowKU

Wow, that desert level looks incredibly empty and uninteresting. Just like with most of the original Colour Powers, Eagle and Asterdoid seem to be taking cues from some of the friends' abilites, namely Rouge's flight and Blaze's fire. Rhythm honestly just looks as dumb and out of place as Cube, though.   Still not entirely hyped for this game, and it just so happens to come out 10 days after Pokemon X/Y... not sure if that's a good idea.
Pickle eat a cucumber sandwich. You get a little cynical when you're hungry. Better?(I'm sorry, I just had to!:P)
  • Thumbs Up 1

3EoJi.jpg
The trailer doesn't really seem to demonstrate it, but have a feeling Rhythm works along those chains via pressing a button/tapping the Gamepad to a synchronized beat (right at the moment Sonic hits the next sequence in the chain). Because I honestly don't see else it might tie into the rhythm concept.

Edited by Place
  • Thumbs Up 3

I really wanna get a high quality picture of those ghosts! God that freaked me out more than it should've.

OK, I'm enjoying a lot more of it this time. I especially like the jungle level...

FHAVdyk.jpg

I don't suppose there's any chance that grinding rails will be fun again? =P

EDIT: I think I saw a new badnik in the desert too (the one with the bumpers), which is great to see.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 7

Jungle level looks phenomenal. Aesthetically it really does feel like it's taking a note from Galaxy.

2u631is.jpg

53342_BS_MS_04_1642079c.jpg

naaaah

• Thumbs Up 7

DAT EAGLE.

Seriously that looks the most badass wisp and most fun to use evarz. I'm a fan of the music one too, but more over just because what it is and not really how it functions lawl. Kinda amazed at how many new wisps are being added, I thought it'd just be like one or something haha.

Looking great though, it's nice to see how a level can still seem big and open like that desert one while still being a tube design. The forest looks really neat too but need to slow down the footage to take it all in I think since I've only watched it the one time XD.

• Thumbs Up 6

ibkojdAn0V82pH.png

Hi snow level.

C5jRBqW.jpg

Hi Pyramid level.

So this makes at least four different acts in the Desert world, right? (Along with the two seen in the E3 demo)

Edited by TimmiT

Woahoooohoooo! This is what I wanted to see, Lost Worlds looks way better to me now.

The Jungle level looks like something out of the Saturn era, like I could really picture a 32/64 bit Sonic running around in that environment. Just feels very "Classic Sega" to me, which is a plus.

• Thumbs Up 8

>those ghosts were featured prominently in a Knuckles level in Sonic Adventure 2.

>all that stuff about Hunnid-P we were all speculating about before Lost World was announced

HMMMMMMMMMMM. But in all seriousness, it's cool to see those ghosties again. I want to see more stuff like that to make the series as a whole feel more "connected".

But yeah, I'm really excited for this game. The new Wisps look cool and the Wisps they're bringing back are alright in my book. Well, I'd take Spikes over Rocket, but we'll see. I'm loving the Deadly Six more and more, too. That one line surprised me, actually ... I'd laugh if "die" was the only reason for the rating, hahaha

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1