Awoo.

Lost World Trailer 2 "This looks a bit like *Insert game here*"

Badnik Mechanic

Er what controversy?

Some people aren't 100% sold on the game or its visuals.....Is that controversial?

Er what controversy?

Some people aren't 100% sold on the game or its visuals.....Is that controversial?

The only reason why anyone would view someone's dissenting opinion on this game as 'controversy' is simply out of intolerance.

The only reason why anyone would view someone's dissenting opinion on this game as 'controversy' is simply out of intolerance.

Thing is nobody is really "dissenting", just voicing minor complaints.

Edited by Scar

Thing is nobody is really "dissenting", just voicing minor complaints.

And yet the dispersions cast on the game's art direction are being classed as a controversy. Controversy is a word that's being thrown-around to cover-up the real issue; Intolerance.

That new trailer is awesome!

Awesome cool art style (that resembles when the games were still good), kooky looking bosses, fun gimmick powers and awesome looking levels! I'm deffo going to pick this up! In fact, I'm going to pick up a Wii U for this game and the new Mario stuff.

It's been a while since I've played a new Sonic game since I've heard his newer 3D games are a bit dodgy. However, this looks mostly 2D so it looks cool (Sonic's always been good in 2D hasn't he? I've never heard of my fellow Halo fans bash 2D Sonic games)! In addition, I played Sonic 2 recently and that was nostalgic fun. I want  to get back into Sonic!

I used to love you man :)

Could it be a good new semi 3D Sonic game? I'm pumped!

Edited by Pelican

And yet the dispersions cast on the game's art direction are being classed as a controversy. Controversy is a word that's being thrown-around to cover-up the real issue; Intolerance.

There should be a law where someone get smacked with a dictionary every time they misuse a word...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

The part that still boggles me is that we went several pages of fighting over hallways + high detail visuals versus simpler visuals + more open worlds; whenever I've tried to say repeatedly that one doesn't just go with another.

You CAN have highly detailed stage art/visuals and still go anywhere. Just because past games were set to hallways with that visual style doesn't mean it has to be in future titles. And while I do absolutely love the bold and strong usage of color and stylizing in Lost World, I'm really gonna miss more organic, rich-in-detail and wide scale environments if we stick strictly to this style from now on.

It honestly sounds like the lot of you are pairing things together so you can argue for the sake of arguing; which is making me repeat myself. This isn't about wanting to sacrifice gameplay for visuals or vice versa; its about wanting the best of both. :v

Edited by Azookara

There should be a law where someone get smacked with a dictionary every time they misuse a word...

Then Sega and Dimps' offices would be flooded with dictionaries for Sonic 4...

Anyways, the game looks really fun and I'm digging the Eagle Wisp, as well as the Drill being able to dolphin jump out of the ground. Too bad I'll probably have to stick to the 3DS version until the Wii U's price drops, that or Christmas, whatever comes first.

This just in from SSMB News: Over 9000 deaths have occurred within the span of a minute. Eyewitnesses say it was a man going by the name of CSS running around smacking people with a Webster Dictionary, crying out "Wrong word use!" and has been seen employing teleportation. People are advised to use a thesaurus to check their word usage, lest they find themselves as CSS' next victim.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oooh wow, it's been ages since I had ever commented on SSMB forums, & it's just as lively as ever!

Ignoring the arguments that I read through 11 pages so far, I am really intruged in how LW is looking & sounding! Visuals firstly, I really like - it took me a while to adjust (very quickly though), but the simplistic look is very welcoming I say. Very reminiscent of many classic stages on classic Sonic games (that abstract-looking jungle tube screenshot reminds me of the acid trip visuals of Sonic CD & Knuckles Chaotix)!

On regards with the floating tubes & overly abstract platforms, it does seem rather strange for a Sonic game I guess, but considering it takes place in another world (the Lost Hex), that & the fact that the world appears more abnormal than the other planets Sonic visited (it looks to me that it doesn't even have a core & as someone mention before, this could be a strange/magical(?) phenomenon in the Sonic world) it seems to fit together.

The candy land in the pink void however, I can't say anything more about it. I won't jump too far into the background considering its a single screenshot. I haven't seen how Sonic went into this area. Also as someone else had mentioned before when posting a screenshot of Mystic Mansion (SH), we would have assumed the same thing if Sonic heroes was brand new & that was the only screenshot of that part/or act of mystic mansion.

Have to admit, the slower speed had me worried at first considering that I was so used to the SU/SC/SG formula, but that shattered quickly later on. Overal, looking foreword to this!

This just in from SSMB News: Over 9000 deaths have occurred within the span of a minute. Eyewitnesses say it was a man going by the name of CSS running around smacking people with a Webster Dictionary, crying out "Wrong word use!" and has been seen employing teleportation. People are advised to use a thesaurus to check their word usage, lest they find themselves as CSS' next victim.

Random person in background: god help us, whoever made this policy has killed us all *gets slammmed with a book* GAGH *thud*

and thus a tragedy worse than 9/11 was the single reason as to why no one should give a crap about grammar.

Oh God, the Final Fantasy fanbase. A franchise where almost every game gets a grade of 8.0 or above certainly has a lot of "terrible" games. Apparently, all the games are "terrible" to some segment. Well, except VI.

And the Kirby fanbase is generally upset that too many spinoffs and non-platformers are released. And don't talk about Squeak Squad if you like it.

A lot of fanbases are hard to deal with because they pay more attention to the small details than some of the periphery audience or casual fans. I've always found it amusing Sonic fans get a bad rap. Zelda fans whine about constant AAA 9.5/10 games.

Edit to be ontopic: I find it cool Lost World , despite being a new direction for the series, is maintaining so much continuity with earlier titles. The fun part about being a fan of franchise games is seeing how old stuff is used in new, exciting ways.

Edited by Crazizzle

Oh God the Final Fantasy fanbase they think that anything released after 7 sucks and Lighting Returns actually looks promising.

Don't know if anyone said this yet, but you know in the trailer when the Deadly Six are gathered in what appears to be Desert Ruins? Did anyone else notice how a few of them are blacked out?

Don't know if anyone said this yet, but you know in the trailer when the Deadly Six are gathered in what appears to be Desert Ruins? Did anyone else notice how a few of them are blacked out?

Screens were posted a bit back. Since they're already revealed, I wonder what that's all about.

Oh God the Final Fantasy fanbase they think that anything released after 7 sucks and Lighting Returns actually looks promising.

Not really. The fanbase is full of different sects from what I've noticed. Many people call VI their favorite, but VII and IX are common favorites as well. X is generally highly regarded, and XII has a pretty dedicated following. XI's fans are really vocal as well. 

XIII is the only game in the series that is almost universally loathed, and even then, it does have its fans.

But this has nothing to do with Sonic so I'd love to chat in the FF topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

^^

The green girl and the blue dude are in the shadow, although maybe a bit if a dodgy shader going on aswell

Not really. The fanbase is full of different sects from what I've noticed. Many people call VI their favorite, but VII and IX are common favorites as well. X is generally highly regarded, and XII has a pretty dedicated following. XI's fans are really vocal as well. 

XIII is the only game in the series that is almost universally loathed, and even then, it does have its fans.

But this has nothing to do with Sonic so I'd love to chat in the FF topic.

I like Vanille

*Runs*

So yeah, Sonic Lost World looks cool. A bit shame that the Rocket and Cyan Wisps are generally the same, especially the Rocket one since that one had a ton of room for improvement.

At the very least, we seem to be able to use Rocket in 3D areas. That's ... something, I guess?

Crossing my fingers Drill can be used in 3D sections, with the camera being overhead or something.

Actually, I do have one concern for this game. 

Is Tails going to be in the game? I looked it up and he seems to be in :/ . 

That would be a shame, because Tails sucked in Sonic 2. I wish he wasn't in. 

Actually, I do have one concern for this game. 

Is Tails going to be in the game? I looked it up and he seems to be in :/ . 

That would be a shame, because Tails sucked in Sonic 2. I wish he wasn't in. 

...yeah, that was like 20 years ago...mellow.png

I think they would have done more with him in all that time. Nevermind that he was revealed in the first image we got of this game.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

...yeah, that was 20 years ago...mellow.png

Sonic 2 is the latest game I have played blink.png

Has Tails actually changed then? In Sonic 2 he was horrendous, messing up the special stages and setting off the ground traps.

Has Tails actually changed then? In Sonic 2 he was horrendous, messing up the special stages and setting off the ground traps.

Pretty much yes.