Awoo.

Lost World Trailer 2 "This looks a bit like *Insert game here*"

Badnik Mechanic

You guys I would like to point out that Rhythm appears to be completely optional, its an alternate path like Super sonic, or Eagle, its faster but you have the chance of dying

@Discoid

Is that Apotos picture really good to you? Brown/Greys with some greens growing? It looks quite boring to the Sonic Lost World set up that Dio linked.

Apotos also dipped down to like 15 frames per a second. The game could barely run that level.

... Dude, it's ancient ruins in a jungle. The hell kinds of colors are you expecting? Purple?

I don't need a game to puke a rainbow at me to be visually appealing.

not the pc version teehee plus we're talking about visuals not tech

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 6

... Welp, I think Zavok will be my favorite Deadly Six guy. That voice... awesomewub.png

Oh, and everything else is looking pretty good, too. I can tell that I'm gonna have lots of fun with the Eagle Wisp. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

You know I haven't posted about this game in a while.

I like the looks of it. I'm excited yea...dat eagle...

So the game's graphics had to suffer on account of it being exclusive to the Wii U. Fair enough, but that doesn't mean it's void from criticism. I just don't like the way it looks.

And that's totally fine if you don't like it. The game's not void for criticism because it can't match PC-end visuals in motion, but I just didn't consider it a fair comparison. On the systems it was originally released for, Sonic Unleashed ran terribly in that level.

... Welp, I think Zavok will be my favorite Deadly Six guy. That voice... awesomewub.png

I like how despite looking like a weird monster from a Wario game, he's got the voice of a regular-ass guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

If anything the Jungle Level looks like something akin to Donkey Kong Country Returns imo.

All I have to say are these things.

I was set on believing the only version of this game I'll be getting was the 3DS version. I'm starting to believe that notion less now.

Damn you Iizuka/Sonic Team.

O.... Old Man Owl? Is.... is that you?

15554w0.jpg

But seriously, really digging this. The general vibe almost feels like an evolution of the zany worlds from the classic games. At this point I'm really hoping the gameplay will turn out well, we really could have ourselves the 'AAA' Sonic title.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my god I am in LOVE with how this game looks.

That jungle level, for example, is gorgeous looking, and feels like an overgrown section of Planet Wisp. Digging the cartoon-ish style this game is going for.

So yeah....I'm pretty damn excited for it. I wasn't thinking about buying a Wii U, but after seeing a few of the new titles, I might just change my mind.

After reading everyone's posts here, I agree with the complaints some made. After all of the games we've had in recent years with such beautiful graphics and scenery, the visuals in this game are just disheartening. It's a completely different art style and not one I'm a fan of. It's quite a let-down for the first Sonic game in a new generation of consoles. Yes, graphics aren't everything, but it's still disheartening none-the-less. 

I also share Chooch's concern about the Wisps. I wasn't a fan of them in Colours, minus the Burst and Void Wisps in the DS version, but they look like they could take a lot of focus away from Sonic's new and returning abilities they're pushing in this game. These abilities and power-ups obviously all require sections of the level to be built for them and I think Sonic could have too much to do in this game. The parkour stuff looks fun and so I want to see it used.

I kinda like the new 3D gameplay style, especially with the boost gone and the spin dash back, but so far the level design isn't catching much of my interest.  In the 3D sections, it just looks like you're on a giant rotating log with not much to do and explore. On the other hand, the 2D sections look pretty fun.

Yes, graphics aren't everything, but it's still disheartening none-the-less. 

Why not wait for the 'real' next gen Sonic then after the Nintendo exclusivity deal is over? Unless Lost World performs so well they renew it. *Shivers*

Why does Roger always sound constipated :V. JPN voices plz

It's to enhance the realism that Sonic doesn't have time for many toilet stops while racing through the stages. The 'boost' in earlier games was actually Sonic's emergency release system.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I love Roger's voice and can't wait to hear more of him in Lost World.

:U

:UUUU

:UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Im more interested in hearing the Deadly Six than Roger atm, though im sure ill like him fine as I always have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I love Roger's voice and can't wait to hear more of him in Lost World.

:U

:UUUU

:UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Roger for the win. I hope he stays for a long time.

Zavok earned a lot of points for me in this trailer.

Also Eagle Wisp FTW (By the way...when the wisp is in the capsule it looks similar to Espio's head)

Am loving the new wisps, they look so awesome.XD I also love that there bringing back the ghost from SA2.

1# After reading everyone's posts here, I agree with the complaints some made. After all of the games we've had in recent years with such beautiful graphics and scenery, the visuals in this game are just disheartening. It's a completely different art style and not one I'm a fan of. It's quite a let-down for the first Sonic game in a new generation of consoles. Yes, graphics aren't everything, but it's still disheartening none-the-less. 

2# In the 3D sections, it just looks like you're on a giant rotating log with not much to do and explore. On the other hand, the 2D sections look pretty fun.

1# Couldn't disagree more. The style, colour palette and visual appeal of this game completely blow previous games out of the water. 

2# A rotating log with at least 4 alternative paths to take is certainly better than a straight line with a different path here and there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the previous games we've had, but this just seems to be hitting all the right points. Sonic is/was a colourful series. Kids like colour not realistic looking textures. Green Hill Zone in Generations was a brilliant attempt at recreating the stage in HD, but the colours were so flat. Look at Emerald Hill Zone for example.

Sonic2EmeraldHill.png

Solid, bright colours. Then look at the colours in Windy Hill.

sonic_lost_world_9_605x.jpg

This is what a Sonic game should be.

• Thumbs Up 8