Awoo.

SSMB Sonic Crisis Centre

Jolt_TH

So we all love to play sonic yeah? And we all have games/levels/bosses that we are and aren't good at. We all have our strengths and our weaknesses. That's where this topic comes in, so as a community we can help each other out and maybe learn a new trick or two on the way!

So before we start I'd like to set a few ground rules:

- Please be helpful and explain the best you can (if explaining a route or method) although we won't mind if its a bit tricky to explain ;) but give it a go!

- only post if you have something helpful to post, basically "if you dont have anything useful to post sont post". NO trolling or spam please, this is for those who need a bit of help, don't be horrible or mean because they want help, you never know they could potentially provide you with help later on!

IF I DO SEE SPAM/TROLLING I will report to the moderation team as soon as I can (if someone beats me then it's great!) and if it gets silly I will request a topic lock!

- As usual all normal SSMB rules apply

Ok so to kick us off here is one from me.

Are there any tips or hints on defeating the Death Egg Robot in Sonic 2? I can and have done it but I know I find it really hard sometimes (especially when I "hit" him but it kills me waitwhut?!

Edited by Jolt_TH
  • Thumbs Up 8

Be quite slow and cautious. Try and move away from him as soon as you land a hit so you don't glitch through him. The best times to hit are just before and just after he does his arm firing attack, and when he lands before walking. You can also get a hit in at the very start, and whenever he's about to go back up. To avoid the hitting him and him killing you thing, try to hit him just before or just after his lowest point when landing.

And don't let yourself get behind him. The egg bombs he drops are avoidable, but you have so little room it's extremely difficult.

Also I think we should just keep open to posting questions, it increases the odds of multiple people answering them in different ways, rather than having the long winded PM system. If you want to remain anonymous though, that's up to you.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Ooh, new topic. Nice to see the idea resurface... but PMing for requests to go up is daft, and quite unnecessary. Why not just let people post in the topic? It's far easier!

Are there any tips or hints on defeating the Death Egg Robot in Sonic 2? I can and have done it but I know I find it really hard sometimes (especially when I "hit" him but it kills me waitwhut?!

- You must hit the boss at the apex of your jump above the clawed arms. It demands quite a bit of precision.

- When it soars into the air after and the crosshair appears, stand still, charge the spin dash and then dash off when the crosshair blinks rapidly. Stay at the far left hand side of the arena as the boss will fire it's arms.

- When it lands every second time, it will not fire it's arms so don't retreat to the far left. Just keep on precision-spin attacking it.

- I wouldn't recommend taking the 'hit it up the ass' approach as it fires Egg Bombs that are hard to avoid and there's only a very narrow hitbox on it's rear end.

How about we just drop last thread since I'm sure everyone's figured out by now that you aren't supposed to do that shit that happened last time. If you have questions here feel free to ask them, I don't see a point in taking an extra hurdle when we should all know the rules by now.

• Thumbs Up 8

Can someone please give me some tips on getting the "Beat Time Eater Without Getting Hit" achievement in Sonic Generations? I mean, even if I know exactly how to hit it, there's always that one attack that ruins the run for me.

Can someone please give me some tips on getting the "Beat Time Eater Without Getting Hit" achievement in Sonic Generations? I mean, even if I know exactly how to hit it, there's always that one attack that ruins the run for me.

Hmm... I can't think of anything which will make it drastically easier, but when I got it, I never switched to Classic Sonic. Playing as Modern Sonic in his sections doesn't mean the Time Eater can't hit you, but it's majorly easier to dodge the attacks, with the way they are designed to attack in Classic's gameplay. I'm not saying this will guarantee you do it, but for me this made it a lot easier. I wish you luck getting the achievement!

• Thumbs Up 1

Re Death Egg in Sonic 2, in the first phase you're basically going to do no damage if you stay in front, so start on the right. Make sure you're very close (within a couple of pixels of getting dead - you can get a little closer to the foot than you might think) to it when it becomes active, and jump straight up to hit it. You can do this twice before it starts moving, if you can judge the invincibility timing well.

While it's walking, you can try to do a couple of short run-up-and-jumps at appropriate times to hit the same area, but this is pretty risky. Similarly, you can jump over the flames with a high jump, but this is also risky. If you're playing it safe, don't even try.

Once it steps back, get into the same position right behind it, and start jumping. You can get three hits as it takes off. Then you can probably switch to the safe strats suggested earlier. In general, play it safe and be precise when it comes to your movements up close, but be confident when you do attack. The safe stuff takes a really long time, which is why I suggest trying to maximise your damage early.

...especially since Mecha Sonic is a piece of cake, especially with Tails. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm, some help on the Dino Egg mission on Secret Rings would be much appreciated. It is literally the only thing keeping me from beating the game and I really want to, if only to justify my beating of Black Knight. I also genuinely had fun with it so that would be one more reason to pick it up again. It wouldn't be so bad though if the eggs didn't randomize their position after every failure. >.<

Uhm, some help on the Dino Egg mission on Secret Rings would be much appreciated. It is literally the only thing keeping me from beating the game and I really want to, if only to justify my beating of Black Knight. I also genuinely had fun with it so that would be one more reason to pick it up again. It wouldn't be so bad though if the eggs didn't randomize their position after every failure. >.

Bare in mind from the outset that nest locations are randomized; There's no set location to each of them, so resetting alters their locations.

The 'course' has forks in it. The log surfing near the end of the course where it loops forks in two directions; If you keep the log to the far left you'll take the route that has you walk across the top of the large dinosaur. One of the nests and one of the eggs are located on this route. The game never makes it clear that there's a fork in the course so it's easy to miss. If you keep the log on the far right, Sonic will disembark and walk up a different route that again has an egg and a nest if my memory is correct. Stay away from the very side of the platform on the right non-dinosaur route as if my memory is correct, Sonic will leap away from the route onto the dinosaur/other section of the stage and you'll miss this route's nest.

Also, the catapult not far from the beginning of the stage will only catapult you onto one of the round leafy platforms with an egg/nest on it if it is tilted back to it's maximum angle i.e so the catapult's sling is touching the ground. Catapulting Sonic when the catapult is not tilted back maximum will cause him to not hit that platform and you'll miss the egg/nest that's on it.

Also, equip skills that allow for controllable speed and refined control.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the thing: getting hit by Debris doesn't count against you. You only need to dodge the Time Eater's attacks.

Other than that, just take your time, don't try to rush him.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can I have some tips on how to get through the Hydrocity Zone in Sh3? I can't seem to get through it :(

( I have it on Gamecube in the Sonic Mega Collection, and usually play two player (Sonic and Tails) if that will help :) )

Any tips for Marble Garden Zone act 2 boss in Sonic 3? Seriously been stuck on it for at least 2-3 years now.

You can get a few hits on Eggman before he destroys the floor, but only 7 will count. I wouldn't recommend going in as Super/Hyper Sonic as I've had it happen to where the screen will bug out and I'd die instead of the fight going on.

In the part flying with Tails, where he goes to in the background will indicate where he'll show up back onscreen. I reccommend going in with the Fire/Electric Shield since they'll help you hit him easier.

If you're playing as Tails... just stay underneath him and try to hit him with your tails and not simultaneously get hit.

Here's the thing: getting hit by Debris doesn't count against you. You only need to dodge the Time Eater's attacks.

Other than that, just take your time, don't try to rush him.

...are you kidding me!? Would it have killed whoever wrote these achievements to be a little more specific on that end? I've wasted so many freaking lives on restarts because of this!!

On a similar note, how the hell do people even land a Rank S on the 3DS version of this fight? It's nigh impossible! That battle is rigged, I tell you! How is programming an attack to repeat itself because you're hit a great idea?!

How do I get passed the second Tornado Defense Act in Unleashed (HD)? I always seem to lose health a lot, and by the time I get to the Egg Cauldron I can't even survive long enough to defeat it. Some tips would be appreciated. :)

How do I get passed the second Tornado Defense Act in Unleashed (HD)? I always seem to lose health a lot, and by the time I get to the Egg Cauldron I can't even survive long enough to defeat it. Some tips would be appreciated. smile.png

All I can really suggest for that one, since it's a QTE at heart, is rinse-and-repeat memorization. Enemies should be popping up from the same place every time, so it's more getting accustomed to when they pop up during the Tornado Defence sequence.

As for the buttons to hit, totally randomized.

...are you kidding me!? Would it have killed whoever wrote these achievements to be a little more specific on that end? I've wasted so many freaking lives on restarts because of this!!

On a similar note, how the hell do people even land a Rank S on the 3DS version of this fight? It's nigh impossible! That battle is rigged, I tell you! How is programming an attack to repeat itself because you're hit a great idea?!

It's possible that it was an oversight on PSN. They may have patched it.

I ran into several pieces of Debris when doing the Trophy and still got it since I never got hit by the Time Eater itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, some advice for this fella about how to finish Eggmanland Daytime in Sonic Unwiished (Ps2) would be pleasant for my eyes. I still can't beat that damn level, and I bought the game at launch.

Sticking to Modern Sonic as suggested by The Eleventh Doctor helped me as well, although I still have the feeling that hitting the debris does count against you anyway... Still, I also found that the Time Eater often lurches to hit you when you are flying directly in front of this... uh, sphere thingy in his belly you're supposed to attack. He kind of tries to swat you away with his hands. It doesn't do you obvious damage (a general problem in this fight, IMO, enemy hits are harmless), and quite often you don't even realize he hit you on your way to attack him. However, I found it helps to fly in front of him for a few seconds, then letting go of the boost button for two seconds, falling back a little as he tries to hit you and then go in to hit him. Worked for me.

Guys, some advice for this fella about how to finish Eggmanland Daytime in Sonic Unwiished (Ps2) would be pleasant for my eyes. I still can't beat that damn level, and I bought the game at launch.

What part gives you problems?

I still think this topic is an incredibly stupid idea right now (rubbing salt in the wound much), but eh, not my decision to keep it open and not the subject of the topic.

Anyway, one thing I find useful on the shitfest known as Time Eater is to spam the boost button as opposed to holding it when you're trying to boost up to the Time Eater to hit him. Once you're really close (like a few seconds away from contact) start holding the button as opposed to spamming it to get the hit. Not sure if this will help anybody but that's my two cents. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

I've been playing Sonic 2 off and on for 20 years and never known that the Death Egg Robot drops bombs if you stand behind him.

I've always taken the patience route. Stand in one corner off the screen, only moving when the crosshairs beep, and get one hit in as he bends knees whilst landing. Run to the other side, and repeat. Takes ages, but it works.

Anyway, one thing I find useful on the shitfest known as Time Eater is to spam the boost button as opposed to holding it when you're trying to boost up to the Time Eater to hit him.

This, so much this.

I can also confirm if you get hit by the debris you can still get that achievement.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm currently on the quest to unlock Super Sonic in Sonic Colours for the Wii. I'm aware of how to do this, but are there any tricky parts in the process that I could possibly avoid? So far it has been pretty easy. I've collected a quarter of the red rings in regular stages, although I haven't touched any of the game land stages.

I'm currently on the quest to unlock Super Sonic in Sonic Colours for the Wii. I'm aware of how to do this, but are there any tricky parts in the process that I could possibly avoid? So far it has been pretty easy. I've collected a quarter of the red rings in regular stages, although I haven't touched any of the game land stages.

Be aware that Colours is afflicted with invisiblewalleritis in quite a few areas in stages so if you passed-by a Red Ring, sometimes you may have to restart the level to grab it.

A lot of the Red Rings demand very specialized use of the Wisp forms such as Blue Cube for at least one Red Ring in an Aquarium Park act that only features the Blue Wisp. Quite a lot of the Red Rings are really cleverly placed and demand that you think before using, like the puzzle in Aquarium Park with the metal boxes in the air.

I'm sure Youtube has a red ring guide :)

• Thumbs Up 2