Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: Analysis, Fan Reception and Defense

Indigo Rush

I really think this game could beat Generations by the looks of it, and i really LIKE that game too.

Well to me, nothing really looks like it stands out that much from Generations. Like the only improvement I can see is the less linear level design.

The fact that it ditches the 'look don't touch' model from the previous three games, and the fact that it doesn't have a mediocre gameplay style tacked onto it like Unleashed and Generations already puts it ahead imo.

from the bits I've seen it looks like it will at least have a better story (by actually having one), possibly better level design, controls, variety in move set, and wisp usage.

from the bits I've seen it looks like it will at least have a better story (by actually having one), possibly better level design, controls, variety in move set, and wisp usage.

Yup. I share the exact same sentiment.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story pans out. The concept isn't bad at all. It seems like they may be trying harder with the story than in the past couple of 3D Sonic games.

As long as they lay back on the jokes then i think it won't take much for LW's story to beat both Generations/Colors. Even if Color's story was kinda better than Generations tbh.

I'm not a fan of the jokes in Sonic Colours.  I do hope they lay back on them as well, but it's not too much of a big deal for me.

As long as they lay back on the jokes then i think it won't take much for LW's story to beat both Generations/Colors. Even if Color's story was kinda better than Generations tbh.

Beating Generations in story is like beating a blind homeless man with no legs or arms using a rocket launcher.

• Thumbs Up 3

You can't get worse than Generations in terms of story, so it has to be better.

Well about 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog...

• Thumbs Up 2

I think he meant in terms of depth and content. Sonic 06 and Shadow's story premises were terrible and poorly written, but at least Sonic Team was trying to tell a narrative.

Whether or not they should have bothered is a totally different issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well about 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog...

They're bad, but for completely different reasons.

Don't speak too soon. You never know.

i think the only way it could have a worse...or have less story than generations is if there is NO game

Edited by Jolt_TH

I'm already convinced this game has more story than Generations just by the trailer and screenshots. There's also thing called being too wary...

I'm already convinced this game has more story than Generations just by the trailer and screenshots. There's also thing called being too wary...

Generation's CGI trailers had more going on for the game itself. Look how that turned out....

• Thumbs Up 1

Generation's CGI trailers had more going on for the game itself. Look how that turned out....

Yes, but we've seen bits of in-game cutscenes that have things actually happening. Even though it's little to go on, I think we're guaranteed a better story than Generations'.

Edited by Haden

Plus, with things like Eggman Teaming up with Sonic from the beginning and the Wisps somehow living on this planet, who's to say there won't be more of an emphasis on story? Edited by Ben Tennyson

It's really way too early to say on whether the story will be better or not. We have only seen a couple of seconds of a cutscene.

The plot for Lost World sounds interesting, but Generations plot did sound interesting as well.

It's really way too early to say on whether the story will be better or not. We have only seen a couple of seconds of a cutscene.

The plot for Lost World sounds interesting, but Generations plot did sound interesting as well.

I know, but like I said. Stuff like Eggman being on your side and the Wisps returning probably won't just be ignored.

^^^

This.

We will get explanation for the rest if the story, like Eggman working with you and POSSIBLY how he got out of white space (don't hold your breath though), but it seems the wisps are just power ups and therefore won't receive any story importance.

That's possible, but it couldn't be that hard to have Eggman say that he had some left over. That's really all the explanation that would be necessary. If you wanted to get really detailed, you could throw a line in the manual or a loading screen about how there was a Wisp diaspora across the galaxy after Colours since Eggman wrecked their shit and now they're everywhere. That'd explain Wisps showing up forever.

By contrast, I seriously doubt the white space thing will come up, and I don't think there's much reason it ought to.