Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

This seems to be their way of introducing Batman into the new DC Cinematic Universe without pissing people off with an actual Batman reboot so soon. Either way......

pn8j.jpg

Can't fucking wait!

Edited by Chaos Warp

The movie I've wanted to see ever since I was a child is finally being made. Hell yes. But seriously, if you paying attention in MOS you would see that:

They hinted to Batman being in this world via easter egg. When Superman and Zod are fighting in space, they knock down a satellite that has the Wayne enterprises logo. Also I think Lex Luthor might be the villain in this movie since Superman jumped over a truck with the Lex Corp logo when he was fighting Zod in the city.

The events of MOS give Lex Luthor a perfect reason to hate Superman and I think he will be in the process of a smear campaign against him in this film while Bruce Wayne will be the one trying to support Superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymVHrZesjZw

It's not what you think, no video just audio.

I'm not actually completely behind this idea. 

Not only does it take away a lot of potential Man of Steel had for a sequel(I was hoping Man of Steel would get an actual sequel but apparently this IS the sequel...) just so they can rush to set up Batman in time for this Justice League project that they should really probably hold off on, but it also means we may not get to see a Man of Steel style Lex Luther, or at least not a proper one, considering we now have Batman to worry about and develop. 

Also, these crossovers have the tendency to basically nerf Superman in some way or go out of their way to make Batman relevant. Something I'm not looking forward to. 

It seriously seems like this could go badly, so yeah, call me skeptical. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hahahaha well, I actually liked the Superman movie quite a bit so I'm cautiously optimistic, though I am a bit peeved that it's a different Batman.

• Thumbs Up 2

What? Now you guys....have a point actually. I really didn't see that this was a rat race step to Avengers status. I also didn't see that it was gonna be a Reboot/Sequel case so, yes that's a little worrisome.

It's the forced rebootquel to the Dark Knight films being rushed out to act as a sequel to Superman By Michael Bay; all so DC can get in on that Avengers gravy train as fast as possible rather than building up to it over the course of half a dozen films like Marvel did.

Call me when the second sequel comes out and they strap neon to everything.

Oh hey, a crossover of that Superman film I find atrocious and Not-Nolan's Batman. I can't wait for all the gritty, realistic Avengers antics.

Supes: "Doth your mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Bats: "MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEAD"

Yyyeeeeeah, pretty much this. Marvel's giving us Best Star Wars and an Ant Man film with Hank Pym leading to Avengers 2 with Ultron, and Dr. Strange later. Everything planned and thought out. DC is building their crossover world forcedly and rushedly. Call me when they make JL Dark.

Edited by Captain Harlock
  • Thumbs Up 6

Is the new Batman Separate from the Nolan Universe or is it connected?

I would rather they be apart of a separate Universe than together it would just spoil Nolans Trilogy. Hopefully they aren't.

It will be interesting to see how a new Batman would work in a Superman film. I am taking that Batman would be introduced in this film so I am expecting the focus will still be on Superman which is okay because it is a Superman sequel.   

Yyyeeeeeah, pretty much this. Marvel's giving us Best Star Wars and an Ant Man film with Hank Pym leading to Avengers 2 with Ultron, and Dr. Strange later. Everything planned and thought out. DC is building their crossover world forcedly and rushedly. Call me when they make JL Dark.

Isn't that Disney not Marvel? huh.png

Count me as another who is skeptical of this idea. Personally I think it the World's Finest film could wait down the line until after the supposed Justice League film. I would also rather have Bats debut into this new DCU film franchise with a standalone film all to himself rather than a Superman crossover, as well as Superman having a sequel to himself. This would have to be pulled off really well, but I have my doubts with Snyder (who's directing), who's MoS was for the most part So Okay It's Average IMO. I think this decision is reeking of the stench of meddling executives trying to put all of their eggs in one basket.

Technically it's Lucasfilm, which of course along with Marvel is owned by Disney.

I dunno. On one side I'm happy to finally see something like this coming to life. But on the other...well, I haven't watched Man Of Steel yet, but what I heard was more along the scale of "Yeah, It's okay, nothing special." I'm cautious at the moment. But if this movie ends up giving me a Zatanna movie, I'm all for it.

I can't help but feel that this is mainly WB trying to rush the whole "get to the Justice League movie" thing as quickly as possible. Marvel took their time with the Avengers while also making great movies for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America that stood on their own terms. Man of Steel, on the other hand, got a mixed to negative reception, went somewhat under WB's box office expectations, and this was after the complete disaster that was Green Lantern.

This could be good, but I dunno. I've heard Man of Steel was somewhat medicore.

• Thumbs Up 2

It would be nice if the plot for this movie wasn't identical to the plots of every other superhero movie.

There's this to consider too, he's got some greatly conflicting feelings in the video.

I can't help but feel that this is mainly WB trying to rush the whole "get to the Justice League movie" thing as quickly as possible. Marvel took their time with the Avengers while also making great movies for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America that stood on their own terms. Man of Steel, on the other hand, got a mixed to negative reception, went somewhat under WB's box office expectations, and this was after the complete disaster that was Green Lantern.

This could be good, but I dunno. I've heard Man of Steel was somewhat medicore.

I find it funny that Superman Returns also performed under WB's expectations and thus put the Superman franchise on ice for seven more years (I heard there was supposed to be a 2009 sequel, but it was cancelled), despite hauling almost $400 mil. worldwide and receiving better reviews than MoS did.

Edited by Gabe the Grouch

Is the new Batman Separate from the Nolan Universe or is it connected?

From what I understand, it's a completely new Batman.

I'm conflicted about this, I knew this was coming eventually but yea, they really should have given Superman a sequel first. As for Batman, they already retold his origin story in Begins, doing it again would have just been tiring.

Are people really questioning/upset on why they didn't use Nolan Batman?

...Am I the only one that saw the Dark Knight Rises movie? It's pretty clear on why they're using a different Batman. Also, the Batman actor that played the trilogy movie didn't want to return.

Technically it's Lucasfilm, which of course along with Marvel is owned by Disney.

1374383044_3670_image.jpg?itok=X2zH_xEG

Meant this.

Are people really questioning/upset on why they didn't use Nolan Batman?

...Am I the only one that saw the Dark Knight Rises movie? It's pretty clear on why they're using a different Batman. Also, the Batman actor that played the trilogy movie didn't want to return.

I have to assume it is the same reboot apathy that clobbered the hell out of the initial reception to Amazing Spiderman; except this time it's doubly so since there was none of this:

spidey_dance.gif

In the Nolan films.

• Thumbs Up 9

They could get Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play Batman. That would be cool, a nod to the Dark Knight Rises.

A Superman/Batman movie is a very bad idea in all honesty. It's just an excuse to cash in and make lots of money. Whilst Batman is very popular, Superman isn't as popular as he was in the 80's. Superman, a super hero with god-like powers always seemed like an incredibly stupid idea. Man of Steel was unspectacular, not a film I want to watch again. No where near as good as TDK or TDKR.

I'm more concerned this film could hurt Batman's reputation than Superman's.  

What I really want to see is:

spider+batman+spider.jpg

Batman vs Spider-Man

Now that would be film of the decade!!!

Edited by Sexy Ass -Bender-