Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

We'll see how it works out later on, but considering Man of Steel had some horrible narrative choices, and the guy who wrote the script for that is still around for this one, I'm not holding out hope.

You left out the announcement that the Argo writer is helping out with the script, so there might be hope.

If this is the route theyre going they might as well call this movie "the justice league" since they have the core 3 DC characters. I wish waner bros. and DC would just take their time instead of trying to make a quick cash in off the avengers success. I've said this before the reason why the avengers did so well is because Marvel took their time slowly introducing each member

• Thumbs Up 2

So then.....pretty much no one is actually looking forward to this then?

Well, I'm not exactly sure about a live-action crossover. But I was extremely satisfied with the 2D animated crossover films, particularly the one called Superman Batman Apocalypse, because that one featured a new design of Supergirl which looked totally hawt.

I guess that all I can say at this point is, as long as Laura Vandervoort gets introduced as Supergirl somewhere within one of these upcoming live-action crossovers then I'll be ultra happy and definitely rush to buy a ticket. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Movie's been delayed to May 6th, 2016

Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Batman-Superman” to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

Should rename this topic to "The World's Finest (two years of waiting)"

I don't know what's worse. The fact that this movie will still probably suck even with this delay, or the fact that there's an actual movie coming out about Peter Pan called "Pan".

Hey I'm cool with this as long as this film ends up being good they can take their time

Maybe this movie won't be a fustercluck in the end. Maybe Warner Bros for once, knows what they're doing. I pray......

it's most definitely a BS rumor. Warner Bros. *LOVES* Affleck. A name-worthy box-office star with international traction who ALSO directs awards-season winners? Boom. He's the single most powerful person in the mix of that production right now. WB will move heaven and earth to make him happy.

you might even say he's the hero they deserve

anyway, speaking of BS rumors, there's some other rumors coming out the grapevine, alleged from someone from the art department who got fired in the past week, some interesting stuff in here, it matches up with previous things we've heard about the film, keep in mind the script is currently getting reworked so if this turns out to be true it'll probably change

The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo

Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city

Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish

Jason Momao is definitely up for Aquaman

Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people. 

Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman. 

Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them

The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton's

Lois is investigating Lex.

Metallo "kills" Clark

The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes

At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team. 

Well, I'm glad someone at least acknowledges how bad the scripts for these movies are.

EDIT: why the crap is aquaman in this gosh darn it

The Aquaman thing is a rumor. Just like the (completely bullshit) rumor about Batman working with the Government.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons join the cast, as Lex Luthor and Alfred respectively. 

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Jesse Eisenberg has been set to star as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Zack Snyder untitled Superman/Batman film. The dual announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Snyder stated, “Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.”

The director added, “As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne’s most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne.”

Eisenberg received Academy Award®, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award® and BAFTA Award nominations for his starring role as Mark Zuckerberg in David Fincher’s “The Social Network.” He also starred in Woody Allen’s “To Rome with Love” and Louis Letterier’s “Now You See Me.” He next appears in “The Double” and “Night Moves.”

Irons won the Academy Award® for his portrayal of Claus von Bülow in “Reversal of Fortune.” His work in the film also garnered him a Golden Globe Award. He won an Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award® for his performance in the TV miniseries “Elizabeth I,” opposite Helen Mirren, and recently starred on the small screen as Rodrigo Borgia in Neil Jordan’s highly acclaimed Showtime series “The Borgias,” for which Irons earned a Golden Globe nomination. He was recently nominated for a SAG Award® for the PBS Great Performances television miniseries “The Hollow Crown,” for his performance as Henry IV.

Snyder’s film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. The film also reunites “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

The new film is currently being written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

The film is set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, and is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.

[x]

Hmm. Not sure about this casting, buuuut... you never know how these things work out. Thoughts?

I wonder how incredibly jarring it's going to be with people seeing a completley diffrent Alfred so soon after the memorable one from the Nolan Trilogy

• Thumbs Up 4

It'll be less jarring than seeing a completely different Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Anyway I think Jeremy Irons will be excellent in the role (he even looks like him) but I'm just perplexed at them picking Jesse Eiseinberg for Lex Luthor.

So Scar will be the surrogate father figure to Batman eh?

Or Simon Gruber.

Which reminds me that Bruce Willis would have been a far better choice for Lex, it'd then also have been a Die Hard casting gag laugh.png

I can see what's happening.

And they don't have a clue.

They'll cast Irons as Alfred the butler

And the jokes will continue too!

Ben Aflek's considering quitting.

There's fan rage everywhere

And with all this bat-tastic atmosphere,

Disaster's in the air!

[..,]

Aflek: So many roles I've played now,

But how to make them see?

That I'm the God Damn Batman? Impossible!

The fans all hate me.

Yeah, me thinks there's going to be a hell of a lot of jokes now those guys have been announced.

As for Eisenberg, he got cast as Lex Luthor, 

The greatest criminal mind.

He got cast as Lex Luthor 

And that's terrible.

• Thumbs Up 4

What

No seriously

What

Someone got to it before I did. Will this be justified somewhat by saying he's a younger version of the character or is he Final Form Luthor?... Why is he even in this movie to begin with? What is Warner Bros. even doing with this movie? I just want a plain old Man of Steel sequel that's better than the first.

I can see what's happening.

And they don't have a clue.

They'll cast Irons as Alfred the butler

And the jokes will continue too!

Ben Aflek's considering quitting.

There's fan rage everywhere

And with all this bat-tastic atmosphere,

Disaster's in the air!

[..,]

Aflek: So many roles I've played now,

But how to make them see?

That I'm the God Damn Batman? Impossible!

The fans all hate me.

Yeah, me thinks there's going to be a hell of a lot of jokes now those guys have been announced.

Eh, might as well crank out the Rio jokes too considering that Blu will playing Lex Luthor.

Man I hope the Aquaman thing is true

fuck the family guys jokes about cartoons from decades ago Aquaman rules

he just happens to be inferior to Namor though

I only want an Aquaman movie if it's based on the OUTRAGEOUS Aquaman from the Brave and the Bold cartoon! But that'll never happen because the world hates me and my happiness~

• Thumbs Up 3

I only want an Aquaman movie if it's based on the OUTRAGEOUS Aquaman from the Brave and the Bold cartoon! But that'll never happen because the world hates me and my happiness~

Hey that aquaman was awesome I'd love to see that

Ummm...well Jeremy Irons isn't too bad as Alfred (though it'll take some time getting used to the new Alfred after Michael fucking Caine) but what really boggles the mind is Jesse "Mark Zuckerberg" Eisenberg as the main Superman villain. Wtf he's too young! ><

You know, I'll be really chuffed if this movie ends up being good.

With any luck Mr. Eisenburg will pull a -"Insert name of actor who defied popular opinions' expectations and succeeded astronomically at their role"- and do us & Gene Hackman (shame he's retired though) proud.