Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

Jessie Eisenberg? That name doesn't ring a bel-

LYEPdAC.jpg

IxZByNB.jpg

There is no hope.
Are we looking at the Batman & Robin of this generation?
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK, that is it.

I'm convinced.

Sony/Marvel and Warner Bros./DC are now officially trying to out-do each other on who can produce the greatest clusterfuck of a superhero summer blockbuster through Man of Steel 2/The World's Finest and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

• Thumbs Up 8

OK, that is it.

I'm convinced.

Marvel and DC are now officially trying to out-do each other on who can produce the greatest clusterfuck of a superhero summer blockbuster through Man of Steel 2/The World's Finest and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Sony is responsible for The Spider-man movies.

I only want an Aquaman movie if it's based on the OUTRAGEOUS Aquaman from the Brave and the Bold cartoon! But that'll never happen because the world hates me and my happiness~

Fun fact. That Aquaman's personality was essentially lifted from Marvel's character Hercules. But yes, having that Aquaman would be spectacular.

I'll believe Eisenburg as Lex once he shaves his head and shows off some of his acting chops in a trailer. As for Irons, all I have to say is BE PREPAAAAAAAAAAARED!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, Alfred being Scar is reasonable, and-

... Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor. WHAT. Though, to be fair, this isn't the first time we've seen a movie Luthor that's not bald and looks completely different from your typical interpretation of him, if I recall, the original Superman movie did it.

What is Warner Bros. even doing with this movie? I just want a plain old Man of Steel sequel that's better than the first.

Long story short, this is the result of Warner Bros. freaking over the reception to the first film. Even though Man of Steel wasn't another Green Lantern, it was still heavily criticized and didn't make nearly as much money as Warner expected it to. The end result is the sequel being made/planned in free-fall, Warner wants to beat Marvel at its own game and make an Avengers-killer, but, as usual, the main reason they still haven't gotten to a Justice League film yet is that they just plain suck at planning a roadmap for one and compensating for hitches in the plan (unlike Warner ditching its plans after Green Lantern, Marvel didn't exactly give up on its shared universe thing when The Incredible Hulk wasn't that great either, and they even changed Bruce Banner's actor, too, though changing to Mark Ruffalo was a good choice).

Technically, wouldn't that be Warner Bros. vs Sony?

Fun fact. That Aquaman's personality was essentially lifted from Marvel's character Hercules. But yes, having that Aquaman would be spectacular.

Well Marvel and DC are technically on board with these movies and giving them their stamps of approval/quality control, but eh. I'll update the previous post. :U

It's not so much that I think Jesse is a bad actor for the role, in fact I think he's a damn good actor (he was nominated for an Oscar after all) and he could pull it off. But it's his age, he looks way too young to be taken seriously as Lex Luthor! He looks so geeky and awkward...like I said, it's going to be interesting to see how he pulls it off.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well Marvel and DC are technically on board with these movies and giving them their stamps of approval/quality control, but eh. I'll update the previous post. :U

Well, for the Spider-Man movies, Marvel is virtually very little control over them, due to film rights, Sony is pumping out films rapidly to prevent Marvel from getting the film rights back. Same with Fox, who have the rights to X-Men and the Fantastic Four, otherwise both of these would be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

And his basic concept was ripped off namor the submariner who was first introduced in the mid thirties, but ya, Aquaman is a rather ripoff character from the beginning to now

So the Latino Review got some info on what the backstory of the reimagined Lex Luthor that will be played by Jesse Eisenberg. Spoilers below (as it also includes plot details), copypasta'd from the IGN article. Must note though that it's *uses hands to form quotes* "all subject to change."

Supposedly, Eisenberg's Luthor will be into tattoos big time, and have a sleeve of the Metropolis skyline down his right arm. He also became a self-made billionaire at 18, and is the CEO of Lexcorp.

Despite currently being a ruthless businessman and complete tech genius, he's also got street smarts. At the age of 14 Lex was on the streets and it wasn't long before he was initiated into a street gang. Within a year, he was their boss. His resolve is his main weapon, and alongside being incredibly intelligent he's also got where he is thanks to his own hard work.

Which is why he isn't a huge fan of Bruce Wayne, who he believes had his success handed to him. This explains why the first meeting between the pair early in the film is so tense, when Wayne pays Luthor a visit in his Lexcorp Tower penthouse. Bruce is impressed by Superman, Lex views him as an alien invader who shoudn't be here.

Wayne wants to pool their resources to philanthropically rebuild Metropolis and, while Lex is sceptical, he reckons he can use Wayne Enterprises and Bruce for his own ends. While Mr. Wayne believes there to be a peaceable resolution available with Superman, Luthor reckons there's a different solution, and one that can be achieved without him having to go anywhere near the front line himself. Which is where Batman comes in.

Out+of+all+of+the+possible+things+you+co

Even if it's subject to change, and it could be executed well...just...what on earth? What kind of origin backstory is that, especially for a guy like Lex Luthor?

Wow that's the type of backstory I expect the new 52 to pull not a big budget movie

• Thumbs Up 1

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg@ dat backstory.

Now I'm really looking forward to the teaser trailer, just to see what all of this will look like!

To be fair, Lex growing up poor isn't anything new. In the post crisis continuity, Lex grew up in the suicide slums (the poorest part of Metropolis). When he became a teenager he killed his own parents and then became a self made billionaire. Perhaps this is the version that the Lex we'll see in the movie is based on?

I'd say it's a relatively decent backstory, especially considering the new direction they're taking the character, plus the fact this is Hollywood... 

I'm liking how Bruce and Luthor interact though. That sounds great and in-character.

• 2 weeks later...

The costumes for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to be revealed next week

Get hypeeeeeeeeeeeeed?

Still no hope.

*Still crossing fingers for an Arkham Asylum/ Arkham City esque Batsuit*.

With Wonder Woman, I'm confident it's going to take after her New 52 outfit while toning down the bright colors. That costume seems really easy to adapt on screen, so I'll be shocked if they take her in a vastly different direction design-wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts exactly. Where are the reveals???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...