Awoo.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Autosaver

I love it- both the Batsuit and Batmobile.

Ben Affleck wearing the suit looks like a great Batman, visually, so I'm really looking forward to see how his performance turns out. The costume is looking like a fusion between The Dark Knight Returns and Noel outfit, making a seamless transition to film, from what I can see. I'm also content with the suit being almost entirely Grey while still looking like legitimate armor. Thumbs up there, it's my favorite Batsuit ever to be put to film, and that's just from one image.

The new Batmobile appears to be pretty frickin' sweet as well. Visually speaking, it's a bit reminiscent of Tim Burton's version, while still looking plenty bulky.

I gotta say, I have no clue how the movie itself will turn out, but you can color me impressed by everything they've been doing related to Batman, in terms of casting and designs.

I really like the look of the new Batsuit, the cowl looks nice with the shorter ears and the suit itself is a good mesh between armour and a typical suit.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Dawn of mocking more like.

Dawn of mocking more like.

It does sound like a fanfic title, doesn't it?

They could have had one or the other, but nope, have them both!

Batman vs Superman now has an official title: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Protip: When your movie title sounds like something The Tick would come up with... maybe send it in to an editor?

Protip2: If your movie title becomes "Batman vs Superman: The Apotheosis of Cool," I will fork over all the cash

Lets see:

• The new Batman outfit looks kind or meh
  • Dawn of Justice is a stupid fucking name
  • They've said it's a sequel to MoS. So they need Batman to make Superman popular again...

At least it's got a cool logo...

batmandawn.jpg#

.....nah

So its a Superman sequel, a reboot of Batman, and a prequel to the Justice League movie.

Its like....an inception of movie genres.

• They've said it's a sequel to MoS. So they need Batman to make Superman popular again...

The last movie makes 700 million dollars and somehow Superman is "not popular"? Sometimes people will find some really dumb stuff to criticize just for the sake of criticizing. Besides, "Batman v. Superman" rolls off the tongue better than "Superman v. Batman", so this is a case where the main character not getting top billing is not a bad thing.

With that said, I wonder why they didn't go for World's Finest. It's simple and sounds good. "Dawn of Justice" works, but the choice still strikes me as odd.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes along, whether it's a trainwreck or a brilliant comic book flick

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes along, whether it's a trainwreck or a brilliant comic book flick

If you're thinking logically, there's nothing particularly wrong with this movie that would warrant not looking forward to it. The main reasons I've seen from people not hopeful for this movie are:

• They didn't like Man Of Steel. Perfectly reasonable, but seeing as they hired an Oscar-winning (and very talented) screenwriter, the major complaint about that movie should not repeat itself.
  • They disagree with the casting choices. Hopefully I don't have to explain why this is retarded.
  • Franchise bias. Same as the above; personal dislike of a certain concept or series does not infer anything on it being a quality movie or not.

This happens all the time. People freak out over every little thing. I remember when people cried endlessly about the "Batman Begins" title, and it worked in the end. I remember people sending complaint letters against Michael Keaton's casting as Batman or Heath Ledger as Joker, and look how those turned out. "Dawn of Justice" isn't the best possible title as I said in my earlier post, but it's not any sillier than things like "Days of Future Past" or "The First Avenger". These things matter little in the long run.

• Thumbs Up 3

• They didn't like Man Of Steel. Perfectly reasonable, but seeing as they hired an Oscar-winning (and very talented) screenwriter, the major complaint about that movie should not repeat itself.

Goyer completely botched the first film in many ways, so I'm not exactly confident in him learning from his mistakes, especially since it's apparently he's one of those writers who thinks they get Superman but they really don't. Linkara's vlog of what he thought of MoS is a fantastic elaboration as to why.

Edit: Also, his stupid sexist comments about She-Hulk and his astounding ignorance about the Martian Manhunter isn't exactly helping the notion that he has no business writing a comic book movie.

Edit 2: Wait, the screenplay is being rewritten by Chris Terrio? Thank God for that. Though he's only written Argo, so I have no idea if his second screenplay will be any good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait a minute, I thought the title was Dark Knight v Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice.

Either way, I'm going to give this movie a fair shot. There are a lot of things I can see going wrong, but I can see that with a lot of films too.

The problem with this is that DC is trying to shove it's movies out the door when Marvel took it's time to develop characters and and build hype around the Avengers. It assembled perfectly into a puzzle that revolved around the final product which was the Avengers.

And they didn't even stop there. They expanded upon the universe and gave each hero a sequel after the movie. And they're still going!

DC needed to take their time with their own series and build it up to the Justice League. Each of it's heroes needed time to be introduced (except Aquaman, cause aint nobody care about no Aquaman).

• 3 weeks later...

So, it appears we are on the verge of the possibility of getting an enormous surge of DC movies.

Warner Bros. may release seven DC Comics movies in two years  

'Man of Steel 2,' Shazam, and a Flash/Green Lantern crossover on the way?

By Sam Byford on

June 12, 2014 08:13 pmEmail @345triangle 42Comments

Don't miss stories Follow The Verge

bvs.0_standard_640.0.jpg

inShare

Warner Bros. is reportedly planning to launch a complete DC Comics movie universe in an attempt to emulate Marvel's success. Former Deadline editor Nikki Finke's new site, NikkiFinke.com, claims the studio will announce a wide range of new films at San Diego Comic-Con in July, including formal confirmation of the standalone Wonder Woman movie and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Sandman adaptation.

The plans are said to also include a Shazam (Captain Marvel) project for next summer, a joint Flash and Green Lantern movie for late 2017, and a Man of Steel sequel for the following year. Together with Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Justice League movie, the reported schedule would see Warner Bros. release seven DC movies between May 2016 and May 2018:

• May 2016: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • July 2016: Shazam (Captain Marvel)
  • Christmas 2016: The Sandman
  • May 2017: Justice League
  • July 2017: Wonder Woman
  • Christmas 2017: Flash and Green Lantern
  • May 2018: Man of Steel 2
Finke reports that Batman v. Superman was delayed so as to provide a "launching pad" for the Justice League, with the projects set to feature multiple cameos from the comics universe in a similar fashion to Marvel movies like Iron Man and The Avengers. Arranging contracts for each superhero, including options for future movies, will have been a complex process. However, the plans are said to be "in flux," so it's very possible all of this may not transpire in time for Comic-Con

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/12/5805310/dc-movie-universe-for-comic-con

And the funny thing is apparently, the actual Man of Steel sequel isn't due 'till 2018, go figure.

High chance of over-saturation, continued lack of critical acceptance carrying from MoS, and the fact that there's a Flash/Green Lantern crossover... before Flash has even got a movie; all of these have failed to stop DC from throwing absolutely everything that could possibly make money on the silver screen.

DC is full of great ideas.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just dont like the idea of an of these movies, DC doesnt know what the hell they're doing it's actually kinda sad

Hold your horses.

I thought Dawn of Justice/World's Finest was the goddamn Man of Steel 2.

Make up your mind DC.

• Thumbs Up 2

So they might actually make the Wonder Woman movie after all. Nope, still not excited.

BvS was meant to be MoS sequel, ye money grabby monsters. >:U I can't say all these new film prospect excit-

July 2017: Wonder Woman

IT'S ABOUT TIME. YESSSSS

They'll probably just cancel the Wonder Woman movie yet again, and considering how they're handling this in general I'm not sure if I even want to see it from these people anyway. After all, if it ended up badly recieved, DC would probably just use that as an excuse to continue mostly-ignoring Wonder Woman in favour of MORE BATMAN WITH A SIDE OF SUPERMAN SOMETIMES.

It's weird being the pessimist for once.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Batman vs Superman and Star Wars 7. This is going to be an exciting time for movies.

• Thumbs Up 1