Awoo.

Wander Over Yonder

Milo

The voice of Wander is Fix it Felix Jr? Sweet!

"You're one dynamite gal!"

I'm definitely looking forward to this since I really enjoyed Craig's other works. Has there been any mention of a premiere date yet?

I've been following news for this show for as long as I remember, and I'm really hyped to see it finally airing! God knows, Disney channel needs more good programs, and what better cartoon to have than one with Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust behind it? 

Just from those few clips, and I'm loving Wander already!

Really "meh" about this one. I've known about it for a while. I liked PPG, but I didn't enjoy Fosters, so I'm not sure what to think.  I don't really enjoy the Disney channel, either (Though I admit that the channel is definitely not aimed at the straight, 18+ male demographic, so its understandable). 

I'll reserve my final judgement for when I actually get to see the first episode, but I'm going in with moderate expectations.

EDIT: The clips in the OP are pretty good. As I said, reserving judgement.

Edited by Cyalume

I'm a big fan of FHFIF, i remember researching McCracken for an essay in college and seen pictures of Wander on his deviantart account. Glad to see it's finally getting a proper show.

I'll definitely be checking this out

I've been looking forward to this, but the lack of news made me forget about this show. Glad there are finally more news, it definately made me care about this show again.

But this clip. Wow, this clip. I fell in love with the main character already! Can't wait!

Edited by Thigolf

Wander and Sylvia look like a mixture of 70s funky cartoon shows and Foster's, and the main villain looks like a classic Hanna-Barbera / Scooby Doo villain. The animation is also very vivid, and the environment design vast use of color and cosmos almost similar to a cartoonier 'Interstella 5555'...

I can't WAIT to see this show holy crap fdhsjfdshj!!!!!!

I remember seeing a clip awhile back of Wander Over Yonder... it didn't exactly catch my interest, but I'm still willing to give this show a go because of how much I love love love McCraken's previous cartoons.

I might wait until the 1st season is over with like I'm doing with Gravity Falls.  Disney channel seems to have a problem with airing new episodes on a regular basis, and it's hard to be excited for new episodes when the show can go on hiatus mid season at the drop of a hat.

I'm big admirer of Craig McCracken so I'll definitely be looking this up. His ideas really stand out among even the most creative animated shows on TV.

I love the old school design of the villain and the just the fact that this in space. Not enough shows are set there.

Never even heard of this before, but I really like the PPG and Fosters with there great humor and endearing characters, so its great to see the mind behind those great shows make another great show :)

That Comic-Con clip was funny with its great animation, cool character design (reminds me of a more refined Foster's style) and the Wander character seems to be endearing like McCrakens other works.  Will look forward to this and am really glad that Disney is caring about cartoons again; between this, Gravity Falls, Finis and Ferb, and the new Mickey shorts, they have a great line up of cartoons :)

Got to say, I loved the design of the villian as well as the animation. And more cartoons on Disney is always a good thing.

I already mentioned the premiere date in the OP. But the link shares a bunch of new info, including when the preview episode it's going to air as well as other stuff that happens leading up to the premiere. There's also a behind-the-scenes/sneek peek at the link too :)

Did Craig break his way into the Dr. Seuss factory for Yonder's design? Not that I'm complaining, I like the look.

That was pretty catchy.

I'm not getting hyped though. I'm bracing myself for Disney pulling a Gravity Falls and spreading new episodes out between 6 month hiatuses.

Wander Over Yonder joins the ranks of Inspector Gadget and TMNT (1987) in the "Animated Show with a Super Catchy Theme Tune that Uses Only A Few Words" category. Also dat animation looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Also, in regards to the previous image, Lord Hater's shoes look rather familiar...

wilt-profile.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to be "that guy" and say that I think the song is rather "meh". Absolutely loving everything else though! Huge fan of Craig so I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this show. 

I'm going to be "that guy" and say that I think the song is rather "meh". Absolutely loving everything else though! Huge fan of Craig so I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this show. 

I just found it annoying.

I think they may have tried a bit too hard...

Edited by Codes in Trance

I already mentioned the premiere date in the OP. But the link shares a bunch of new info, including when the preview episode it's going to air as well as other stuff that happens leading up to the premiere. There's also a behind-the-scenes/sneek peek at the link too smile.png

Ah my bad. I didn't see the date in the opening post.

As for the title song, I'm not sure about it being catchy as say the ones from the 80's TMNT cartoon and so forth, but it's certainly not bad overall.