Awoo.

Wander Over Yonder

Milo

So glad someone uploaded a HQ version of that. The audio in the original video in my OP was hard to hear.

That scene was rather funny. Love Wander's total obliviousness towards Hater's speech he's trying to make, constantly interrupting him and all that. But the best part has to be when he talks about why Sylvia isn't with him near the end.

Also love the sound effects put toward Lord Hater's motions (namely that bone-crushing sound effect at his "control the universe" line, reminds me of that this Ren's "I'm So Angry" threatening speech from Ren and Stimpy), as well as the animation (especially the beginning scene with his shadows emoting with Lord Hater's body).

Can't wait to see the preview episode later this week.

Edited by Yeow

I heard you guys talking about this show, but I didn't know what to think, I loved ppg and foster's, well I guess I'll just say there's going to be a sneak peak this friday at like 9 pm or something (it comes on after the mickey mouse short).

Edit: looks 2 post above, oh nvm, well I enjoyed that preview, so...

Edited by Sunic Man

Gah, I'm loving seeing Craig McCracken back in action. And Jack McBrayer will be great as Wander, though anytime I hear his voice now, I think of Kenneth from 30 Rock. Looking forward to the preview on Friday!

Disney just showed an episode.

It was alright. Not bad, but nowhere as good as I expected.

Though they weren't kidding when they said there was some Spongebob comparisons in here. Wander and Lord Hater was Spongebob and Squidward to the MAX.

I saw it, and I really liked it, it definitely has the some of the charm that Craig McCracken's shows tend to have. However, I dunno if I can say it's a Gravity Falls killer just yet.  (Though It would probably take a lot to top Gravity Falls.) 

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this series in the future. I'm also glad Disney's trying out new things with their animation.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Is this show actually any good? I haven't seen it yet but based on the previews and whatnot is just seems to be the Spongebob and Squidward show with aliens..

I saw the first episode the other day and thought it was alright. I'd still like to see more of the show, however.

Just got finished watching the first episode:

It's not too bad and I'll admit there were some funny moments, particularly the scene where all the eye people are "eye" palming. Personally I'd like to see more episodes before I can fully judge.

Edited by Kevin

Welp, I saw the episode, and it pretty good, I wouldn't say it the best disney show ever, but it still pretty good, but I need to see more of the show to give my full opinion on it.

Also, I found the episode on youtube too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-TgEJTTy9o

And one other thing...

tumblr_mrnw2kgEtd1ruhr40o1_500.gif

I bet that you gonna think I'm gonna post that 21 minute long intro huh?

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, did you know a new episode has popped up on iTunes, for free? 

If you don't feel like downloading, here's a link to a video of the full episode.

The first half, "The Greatest" was a lot of fun. This one felt more like a proper 'first episode' than "The Picnic" did, as it gives us a nice introduction to the main characters. The second half "The Egg" was pretty good as well. There are some parts where they drag some jokes on for a little too long, but overall, a good watch, and a nice little song in it as well.  

So yeah, I think I said this before, but I'm looking forward to this series

Hey guys, did you know a new episode has popped up on iTunes, for free? 

If you don't feel like downloading, here's a link to a video of the full episode.

The first half, "The Greatest" was a lot of fun. This one felt more like a proper 'first episode' than "The Picnic" did, as it gives us a nice introduction to the main characters. The second half "The Egg" was pretty good as well. There are some parts where they drag some jokes on for a little too long, but overall, a good watch, and a nice little song in it as well.  

So yeah, I think I said this before, but I'm looking forward to this series

This is actually the first episode that's going to be premiere on DC (the channel) next week.

Reminds me of when the first episode of Gravity Falls was made available on iTunes.

Both episodes were great. A lot of the gags and jokes were very funny, I think throughout both episodes I was more or less smiling throughout. The animation is also good and the song in "The Egg" was very catchy. The highlights for both episodes was Lord Hater epically failing every game as part of the contest for The Greatest as well as Wander dancing singing upon every branch Sylvia passes as she takes the egg up the mountain in The Egg.

Can't wait to see more episodes for sure.

• 1 year later...

Wow. This thread is really.. dead. Does SSMB not like Wander Over Yonder as much? Well anyway, I just watched the season 2 premiere and was very impressed. I remember seeing a promotional poster from Comic Con around a month ago.

wander-over-yonder-post-2.jpg

Looks pretty cool, right? And I wasn't expecting the new season to air so soon. I mean, yes it had been quite some time since the last episode but still. I guess it's because it's summer or something. 

Having seen the new episode though, I'm super excited to see what direction this show will go in. We had some info saying there would be a new villain (as you can see in the poster) and how season 2 will have a bit more story and continuity. I've got to say that they really went all out this time. There were so many things good with this episode.

The animation for one has gotten smoother and a bit more detailed at times. They also have some really cool shading effects with all the cool lighting in the episode. My favourite part about the episode though, is the character development. It's kinda impossible to talk about this without spoilers, so I'll just spoiler tag it all for those who have yet to see the episode. 

Wander is starting to become less of a straight up happy go lucky fellow. He's starting to see that the world is not exactly how he sees is and we get to see a bit of fear from him as well. As much as he tries to be friendly, he is genuinely concerned about his well being but still goes for risks in order to bring happiness. Commander Peepers as well is starting to branch out and become less of a servant to Lord Hater. I mean this in a good way though. Previously, he would listen to Hater and do exactly as told but this time he stands up for himself and calls out Hater for not doing things right and it's due to his immaturity that they aren't conquering planets or defeating Wander. Lord Hater as well is starting to stick up more for himself, thanks to this new villain. He's seeing that he needs to take action and re-motivate himself. He is the one who let himself become a lesser villain and he wants to fix that. And it's just so amazing seeing these characters grow like this. It was just a truly spectacular episode. 

I'm just really happy with how this show is evolving and I'm looking forward to the flurry of new episodes that are to come later this month. 

Wow. This thread is really.. dead. Does SSMB not like Wander Over Yonder as much?

I love this show. But it's one of those shows where I like the Italian dub more than the original. And, well...it's not on Disney XD anymore and there is no way to watch it, not even an illegal streaming service.

And here I am, waiting....

I love this show. But it's one of those shows where I like the Italian dub more than the original. And, well...it's not on Disney XD anymore and there is no way to watch it, not even an illegal streaming service.

And here I am, waiting....

Huh. Well I find the episodes online and download them easily. I'm not sure if you want the Italian dub specifically, but I can link you the English episodes if you want?

Also I just checked local listings.. it's not on Greek television either anymore. :L Maybe it's just taking a break before it goes back on air in some European countries? It's a bit odd how they just removed it from Disney XD. I must admit, from the Greek dubbed episodes I found online, I preferred it to the original and was hoping to catch it on TV. 

On the topic of European broadcast though, did they ever finish season 1 in Italy? Because in Greece they did before taking it off the air.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. Well I find the episodes online and download them easily. I'm not sure if you want the Italian dub specifically, but I can link you the English episodes if you want?

Also I just checked local listings.. it's not on Greek television either anymore. :L Maybe it's just taking a break before it goes back on air in some European countries? It's a bit odd how they just removed it from Disney XD. I must admit, from the Greek dubbed episodes I found online, I preferred it to the original and was hoping to catch it on TV. 

On the topic of European broadcast though, did they ever finish season 1 in Italy? Because in Greece they did before taking it off the air.

The Italian wikipedia lists Italian titles for every episode, but I've never seen some of them, especially towards the end of the season,

I have some episodes recorded on my MySky decoder, though, like "The Box" "The Baby", "The Void", so it's not that bad a  situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Italian wikipedia lists Italian titles for every episode, but I've never seen some of them, especially towards the end of the season,

I have some episodes recorded on my MySky decoder, though, like "The Box" "The Baby", "The Void", so it's not that bad a  situation.

Well, for the episodes that you are missing, I suggest looking in an Italian animation forum to see if they have download links. I get all my shows from animation forums. And if there's even a Greek one, there should be an Italian one, if not several. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember seeing a season 2 promo a while ago, but I'm surprised it now just started airing. It's weird, after The Gift & The Gift 2: The Giftening, the show just....stopped. There wasn't even any mention about those two shows being the season 1 finale or anything. Months went by before we heard anything concerning the show's status, let alone another season/new episodes.

Disney's ludicrous scheduling, man. :/ Bad enough it happened to Gravity Falls, but now WoY got hit too. The crew behind Star vs. The Forces of Evil should watch their backs...

SvtFoE already got hit with hiatus after hiatus tho :U

My reaction to the end of the first episode to season 2:

tumblr_nst3r4CA2e1trloq8o1_400.jpg

This is literally the whole episode

Seriously though, I'm happy that they have given some development to the characters because being honest, I was getting tired of Wander winning all the time.It's a nice breath of air. Does suck that this show really isn't getting popular compare to say, Gravity Falls. I know they are basically two different shows but Wander over Yonder does have some great comical moments. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Bump, because bad news.

WOY is ending with 2 seasons.

http://crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/140529754374/wander-over-yonder-over

I’ve been seeing a lot of speculation lately on whether or not Wander will be returning for a 3rd season. Unfortunately, the answer is no.

About a year ago we presented a pitch for a season 3 arc that promised to bring our characters together in new, unexpected, and hilarious ways. And just as S2 evolved from S1, we had a really exciting approach to evolving S3 even further. We had plans for new characters, the return of old characters, and even a bit of backstory! We were all really excited about the new direction and so were our bosses at DisneyXD and TVA. 

Unfortunately, the higher up bosses of bosses of bosses at Disney decided not to continue with the show. It’s not that they didn’t like Wander, they just felt that 2 seasons and 80 cartoons was enough and they didn’t see the need to produce any more.

For the record, this decision had nothing to do with the ratings performance of S2. Truth be told, we were informed that we wouldn’t be continuing before S2 even premiered. 

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the fans who spread the word about Wander and encouraged people to try and watch it on air.

I know this news is kind of a bummer, but the recent surge in fandom from My Fair Hatey along with our win at the Annie’s for Outstanding Children’s Series has really made me and the whole Wander team feel that we are ending on a high note!

So thanks, and as Wander says…

We gave it a go,

put on a heck of a show,

and did a lot of fun stuff we’ll get to laugh about after!

And for those keeping track we have 7 half hours left of S2 that will wrap up sometime in June.

Thanks for watchin’ and wanderin’!

Craig

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm disappointed. I genuinely enjoyed this show, and from the sounds of things, management at Disney XD and Disney Television Animation supported the idea of a third season as well.

Can't help but wonder the argument for WoY not getting another season because "2 seasons / 80 episodes is enough" is something of a holdout from Disney's (now-retired) 65 Episode Cartoon rule. That was responsible for getting a number of popular shows canned, like Recess and Kim Possible (fan reaction to the latter caused the show to get uncancelled for another season, and was responsible for them scrapping the policy in the first place).

I mean, at least with Gravity Falls, the decision to end the show after Season 2 was purely Hirsch's choice, largely because he and his team had made plans to use two seasons to wrap up the entire arc the show was based on. The talk about a season 3 pitch being offered yet turned down makes it clear still McCracken and co. had more ideas for the show, but network executives thought otherwise.

See ya, Space Boy Wander... ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1