Awoo.

Project M Discussion Thread - 3.02 Patch and Launcher Released!

SilentDoom

Consider me impressed.

Seriously, I never would have thought of beam switching with taunt and a horizontal hyper cutter.

Any word on a PAL version after 3.0 is released?

Not as of yet.

Also, fun preview of our new Distant Planet stage, revamped from our previous SSE Jungle stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HrCFP7JgQ

Just a thought, those who are working on Project M are competitive yeah? And for that reason you guys only allow certain types of stages am I correct?

If so have you thought about editing (if possible) the existing brawl stages, such as battleship Halberd, to remove the stage gimmicks? I know it won't work for every stage but just wondered if it was possible? Might attract some others who are more casual who like those stages?

Just a thought, those who are working on Project M are competitive yeah? And for that reason you guys only allow certain types of stages am I correct?

If so have you thought about editing (if possible) the existing brawl stages, such as battleship Halberd, to remove the stage gimmicks? I know it won't work for every stage but just wondered if it was possible? Might attract some others who are more casual who like those stages?

Project M currently has 18 tournament legal stages (compared to Brawl's 12 and Melee's 6). Halberd in fact is already a legal stage for example, and we removed the hazards on a number of stages already such as Pokémon Stadium 2 and Warioware. We don't want to create too many legal stages though. Part of Smash is the craziness after all (part of the reason why this video is a simple FFA with items and CPUs). We don't want to forget about the less competitive audience.

• Thumbs Up 2

We don't want to forget about the less competitive audience.

Thank you so much.

This is one of the reasons Project M is so great; it's not just impenetrably competitive, with literally EVERYTHING relying on advanced techniques and such.  I just enjoy the combination of Brawl and Melee that Project M delivers as a casual player.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

A personal little thank you message from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQB8xnKXRA

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the website down because of over-load or is there another reason?

Possibly.  The site should be ready by the time release actually comes though.

In the mean time, we've been posting a BUTT TON of new alts and colours on our facebook and twitter pages.  Here they are for those who haven't seen them:

Melee/64 Falco

oxyAMkm.png

Commander Lucas and Pajama Ness

1476372_631502626902947_198561608_n.png

Prototype Metaknight

1497652_631645043555372_1662391684_n.png

Boxing Champ DK

1455009_631378800248663_484896897_n.png

Pirate Pikachu

856201_631344006918809_983320884_o.png

Pokemon Trainer Colours (white Wintersaur, shiny Blastoise Squirtle and shiny Mega Zard X Charizard)

1483761_631354606917749_219151206_o.png

Roy and Mewtwo Kirby Hats

1496181_631331536920056_466442095_o.png

Yoshi's Island Yoshis

860479_631366490249894_1854279483_o.png

Fire Peach

1468690_631552893564587_1238919827_n.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What no SF2 Wolf?! JK(kinda, though that was his original appearance, admittedly not too many differences from SF64, but a few like no eyepatch)

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Quick question though, there are five downloads. As someone who doesn't have any Wii mods or anything, which download(s?) should I use? Sorry if that's a dumb question. 

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Quick question though, there are five downloads. As someone who doesn't have any Wii mods or anything, which download(s?) should I use? Sorry if that's a dumb question. 

the nohomebrew.zip

I honestly don't know what the wifi one is about

the nohomebrew.zip

Basically, the WiFi one allows you to play online with others with the WiFi build. The normal one doesn't work with Online. 

This mod is wonderful. Mewtwo is wonderful. Roy is wonderful. Samus is wonderful and Kirby is wonderful and the alternate costumes are wonderful and Shadow Queen Peach is wonderful ITS ALL SO WONDERFUL.

the nohomebrew.zip

The Wifi one lets you play online with other people. If you install the Nonwifi one the other players randomly kill themselves when you play with them.

I've been trying to do the Horizontal Final Cutter for a while to no avail, how exactly do you do it? I swear I've tried holding forward after the attack starts a bunch of times. 

Basically, the WiFi one allows you to play online with others with the WiFi build. The normal one doesn't work with Online. 

interesting....cuz i took it online (the non-wifi version) and I seemed to have gotten connected to someone....or something XD

Is it still laggy as all hell or did the project M team work their magic with the online coding like they did with the game in general?

I've been trying to do the Horizontal Final Cutter for a while to no avail, how exactly do you do it? I swear I've tried holding forward after the attack starts a bunch of times.

Make sure you're still holding B whilst doing it. Also remember it's air only.