Awoo.

Project M Discussion Thread - 3.02 Patch and Launcher Released!

SilentDoom

So I found out this actually works on Wii U. Have to wait to put the SD Card until Brawl has loaded, but that's less of a hassle than digging my Wii out of storage which is 2 cities away. I'll be getting this and giving it a spin in a day or two. I can't remember which demo I actually played, but I liked it then too. By the way, more casual SSB player here.

Also a neat thing about playing on the WiiU, there are certain costumes that cause slight lag on the Wii in certain situations (most notably free for alls with alts on intensive stages such as Dracula's Castle).  This is due to our rather poor model importer bumping up the size of our models substantially.  However on the WiiU this lag is basically non existent.  Of course, there's the con of not being able to play with a GC controller but the CC Pro is a decent substitute.  

Also a neat thing about playing on the WiiU, there are certain costumes that cause slight lag on the Wii in certain situations (most notably free for alls with alts on intensive stages such as Dracula's Castle).  This is due to our rather poor model importer bumping up the size of our models substantially.  However on the WiiU this lag is basically non existent.  Of course, there's the con of not being able to play with a GC controller but the CC Pro is a decent substitute.  

at least someone who's an advid Brawl player finally says the CC Pro is a good substitute for the GC controller. I get tired of people saying it's not. It's pretty much the same.

Can't you also use that Gamecube Controller adapter on Wii-U, or does that not work with Project M for some reason?

3.0 is absolutely outstanding. It's encouraged me to practice some more advanced Smash techniques - all these years later and I can finally wavedash! Mewtwo's awesome too - combos with him are incredibly fun.

Quick question - I managed to add some custom music, but are custom stages still possible in Project M? Not that there's anything wrong with the current stage selection, I'm just curious to see if adding custom stages can still be done.

Same goes for Model Swaps I suppose - because ergh Sonic's default Brawl Model.

EDIT: Nevermind, tried a model swap - works wonderfully!

• 4 weeks later...

I know my friend does it but another group called Ktar8 actually put up 3.0 with their custom soundtrack and it's pretty balling.

Has a lot of music from DNB to songs from other games such as Mighty Switch Force 2, Eternal Sonata and etc.

This is one of the remixes  they put in the game

download link

as far as I know the game is just Project M 3.0 but with a more customized Soundtrack, different renders for character selection and female announcer. I would check it out if you want a slight change of visuals and audio

I know my friend does it but another group called Ktar8 actually put up 3.0 with their custom soundtrack and it's pretty balling.

Has a lot of music from DNB to songs from other games such as Mighty Switch Force 2, Eternal Sonata and etc.

This is one of the remixes  they put in the game

download link

as far as I know the game is just Project M 3.0 but with a more customized Soundtrack, different renders for character selection and female announcer. I would check it out if you want a slight change of visuals and audio

I literally just heard this one the other day too, gotta download this when I get a good sd card.

Project M 3.01 Patch and Launcher released

The launcher pretty much makes Gecko and Riivolution obsolete for running PM, and should be the most elegant way of loading the game.  As for the patch itself, the main thing that was adjusted was alternate costume lag.  As we've been able to reimport all our new models, the lag on all of them has been reduced to the point where it's either non existent or very very minimal (for a small minority).

Also....this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvW4JJFEE3Q

Full changelog here: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-01-released-changelog-in-post.345667/

-Ganondorf always wins when he suicides with Side B

:lol:

Too bad while it supports greater than 2 GB SD Cards, it's not for the hackless method. Also, I do hope you guys can get Subspace working again.

Any particular reason the Colour Bars were taken out? I thought they were a really nice touch. sad.png

They upped the file size of the CSPs considerably, which meant we had to compromise on the quality of the CSPs to the point where some of them looked really horrible.  I miss the colour bars too and they were definitely cool, but we'd rather not have them if it means the CSPs don't look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a Smash tournament for Brawl today, but decided at the last minute to enter Project M so I had something to do afterward. I had never played Project M before that tournament, while everyone else had at least three months experience.

I got 9th out of 39. Sonic is surprisingly enjoyable to play in the mod, almost as much as Brawl Sonic.

I may get PM for myself to play alongside Brawl later. It's really well-crafted, though I wish it had Pichu and Young Link to round out the ensemble, and that the stage architecture actually varied beyond "flat main surface with platforms." It being a Melee-inspired mod also means it has that terrible jumping lag, which constantly drives me up a wall whenever I play Melee.

Despite that, I look forward to improving more in it eventually. Just as much as I look forward to Ivysaur being banned due to be being as terrifyingly broken as she is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ivysaur in 3.0 is most certainly not broken. She was much more of an issue in 2.6.

Broken may not be the best term to use, but ..uh, she is definitely really obnoxious to me.

..."she"? You mean it was a female this whole time and I never knew? blink.png

Ivy's voice in Japanese is female, as a result Ivy is often referred to as a "she" by Smashers.  I've used she for so long for Ivy it's kind of burned into my psyche now.

One thing that really astounds me about the latest PM release is how high-tech the launcher is. How did you guys even get the in-launcher update download stuff to work? It's really cool. 

Also, what's the small minority of alt costumes/models where there's still some very minimal lag? 

Iirc I believe the spacies' alts, Peach's alts and OoT Link cause very slight lag, and even then it's only in conditions such as Dracula's Castle Free for Alls.

Not much of an update (and unofficial coming from me) but congrats to the Project M team for becoming a Game Choice on Twitch.TV

I recall hearing that this mod also gave characters including Sonic, new and improved movesets. Is that true?

I recall hearing that this mod also gave characters including Sonic, new s nd improved movesets. Is that true?

Yeah, a couple of the characters got a few new quirks and moves on them.

I recall hearing that this mod also gave characters including Sonic, new s nd improved movesets. Is that true?

Some characters got buffed and "depending on the person" some got nerfed. Sonic, Samus/ZSS, etc. Some others got new moves replacing the "less useful" moves. No one got a new moveset entirely.