Awoo.

Project M Discussion Thread - 3.02 Patch and Launcher Released!

SilentDoom

Special announcement to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Turbo Mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCXABhlj3nI

• 2 months later...

New Project M update, now introducing all star versus mode

Also some new alts are revealed at the end of the trailer too but nonetheless i'm excited for this, i've always wanted some sort of round robin mode like this.

Oooooooooh, that looks really cool! The alts don't interest me all that much (besides Samus), but I like that character switching thing.

Haha beat me to it! We've got lots more alts in store for the future. You can check our site for the renders of the new alts.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Light Suit is hype.

Are the rumors I'm hearing of the PMBR making a new "Light" element true?  Are we going to see Light and Dark Beams on the Light/Dark Suits?

That Light Suit is hype.

Are the rumors I'm hearing of the PMBR making a new "Light" element true?  Are we going to see Light and Dark Beams on the Light/Dark Suits?

It might just happen since though I would like to see how they'd make the weapon switching work since then we would have 4 different types to work from.

Also, i'm really glad they're finally adding in the melee ganon alt, I never really did like ganondorfs brawl look much, it looked too fat from all the armor the guy had on.

That Light Suit is hype.

Light element already exists in PM. Pit's arrows are light element for instance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Yo, this topics title needs updating.

I know its April Fools and its hard to take allot of things seriously...

Which is why I looked for a serious half hour to make sure this was real. it is, prepare for 3.6 gents!

Okay, I legitimately want this to happen as a "64" mode in the future.

For some reason I was always curious to see what later characters would look like in the first game's style, so this was a real treat. I especially love Sonic's Saturn-era look.

• 3 months later...

So yeah. As some of you could probably tell the past few days, I finally got Project M. I had a 2GB SD card laying around in my room, and I finally decided to give the game a roll. In short, I was not disappointed.

Project M seriously has such a highly commendable attention to detail out of any Brawl mods I've seen, and for any game in general really. It's awesome what the Smash community is able to produce once they all get together and set on a certain goal. Every character here feels satisfying to some sort of degree, and the speed of the gameplay and its physics fit my gameplay preference like a glove. Even if I still love Brawl and don't mean to discredit it, this is superior to it in my opinion. Most of the characters I liked to play as the most through most Smash games have had positively great changes to their movesets, and I love how they decloned characters such as Toon Link and Ganondorf. They feel much more satisfying to play as than the actual games. And that's not even getting down to how dope the new alternate costumes applied to most of the roster are.

The menu design is gorgeous and probably better than the rest of the Smash games to me, and I got to give them serious props for creating new stages along with giving HD revamps to stages from 64 and Melee.

Never thought I'd be spending time on a seven-year old game once again, but that's what Project M has done to me.

By the way, 3.6 Beta is out. Check it out.

• 2 months later...

So, time to revive this thread. You might like this news if you main a certain Balloon Pokemon.

pFGalDY.png

Jigglypuff is getting her headband back from Melee as an alt costume next update. P rad stuff.