Awoo.

Sony @ Gamescom 2013 "Remember, Remember, 2 Weeks in November..."

Badnik Mechanic

Nah, Phil Fish only cancelled Fez 2. Polytron as a corporation is still a thing, and they had versions of Fez being ported by other people (as well as the original programmer of Fez I think overseeing it too) so it's not Fish doing those at all.

Anyway some cool games announced can't wait to play some of 'em. I'm cool with more indies rather than AAA titles at this point.

Gotcha. Haven't played the game yet so I stay away from general info due to unforeseen spoilerage.

Well, I was expecting at least Little Big Planet 3.

I was also expecting them to secure some 3rd party exclusives like Microsoft did with Dead Rising 3 and some teaser for something like Naughty Dog's title instead of saying "They are working on a game".

You'll get your 3rd party exclusives at TGS and beyond, tho Sony doesn't really have to with the amount of internal developers and partnerships they have. Microsoft gets those because they can barely compete by themselves in that regard (and they're the ones that had extra time because they abandoned their platform 2 years ago).

Besides, I don't get the higher importance people give to these 3rd party exclusives when they appear notably worse than many 1st party efforts. Dead Rising 3 looks unappealing as fuck compared to stuff like Puppeteer or X. That's where real investments need to be made.

Oh, but you'll see the games come in. They could've given you Uncharted 4, Demon's Souls 2, Last Guardian, Anubis of War, etc. etc. trailers today, but they didn't so they can drop bomb after bomb whenever interest appears low.

I get why it seems unfair, tho. As a dedicated gamer one wants that shit and wants it now.

Sony are having a PS4 Q&A panel RIGHT NOW. It's a live broadcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOA7Cx2yNyg

Edited by KrazyBean

The blog has a list of the indie games and it includes FEZ on both PS4 and Vita. I thought the guy threw a tantrum because of twitter morons and no FEZ for everyone else ever again? hm.

Fish isn't involved anymore. It's his producers that are doing the port and the job.

In fact, people tend to skim past this but he didn't even program the game. He mostly worked on the design. There was a lot of things in the game he didn't work on.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Damn.

wait what?

When I started the video, they showed a trailer for Shadow of the Beast.

Followed by a trailer for Invisimals(?) (that old PSP game) for the PS3 and Vita which didn't look too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0vJNj2cObM

Non Português trailer for it.

2532423-5211358727-13770.gif

this is why i love videogame conferences

When I started the video, they showed a trailer for Shadow of the Beast.

Followed by a trailer for Invisimals(?) (that old PSP game) for the PS3 and Vita which didn't look too bad.

oh that was already announced, don't scare me like that

• Thumbs Up 1

Where the fuck can I rewatch the Rime trailer? That's all I wanna do right now.

It's easily my favorite game of the show.

Where the fuck can I rewatch the Rime trailer? That's all I wanna do right now.

It's easily my favorite game of the show.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpkWyXWE1sk

• Thumbs Up 1

Screw all those boring gritty samey white man w guns video games this is where it's at. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 2

As for the Vita Memory cards, currently the prices aren't that much of the discount, as they only dropped in price by 20$; the 32 GB costs 79.99, 16 GB costs 39.99, 8 GB costs 24.99, and 4 GB costs 16.99, not that much cheaper (notably the 32GB, as that still costs too much) but its just something to point out. I'm not sure there are the permanent prices, as these prices are from GameStop's website, but I thought you guys should know these potential prices for the MC's.

Actually, the prices are as follows:

4GB - $14.99

8GB - $19.99

16GB - $39.99

32GB - $79.99

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, the prices are as follows:

4GB - $14.99

8GB - $19.99

16GB - $39.99

32GB - $79.99

....Why cant the 16/32GB prices be just as good as the 4/8GB ones; if the 16 GB were 35$ and 32 GB were 50$, then the "steep" price drop's Sony made would have been fine, but the official prices are still outrageous. If they don't do a 32 GB Mega Pack with a year of PS+, then the price is just simply outrageous.

At least the 8 GB one is at a great price and 16 GB isn't offensive at all, making the Vita a much better package to new buyers. Sony could have done a better job with these price drops, but its better than nothing at all...

Edited by RK64

Screw all those boring gritty samey white man w guns video games this is where it's at. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

I'd say they actually did a good job with variety this conference. 

I'd say they actually did a good job with variety this conference. 

I tend to tune out posts that generalize everything as "gritty" and "guns", to be quite honest. So tired of that argument.

• Thumbs Up 3

I tend to tune out posts that generalize everything as "gritty" and "guns", to be quite honest. So tired of that argument.

To be honest, the market has been over-saturated with that type of game this past generation, but now people are shunning creative and outstanding titles because they don't go out of their way to be colorful.

• Thumbs Up 1

SuperLink's post isn't meant to taken seriously (Guys.. context). Of course you could argue that game's aren't just that.

He's just happy that there's a game using a unique art style and unique gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 3

EDIT: Nevermind, what Autosaver said, I'm just happy to see something unique, delete this post. 

Edited by SuperLink

Has it been mentioned here that the PS4 streams to Twitch now? So does that mean that Twitch has replaced Ustream as the PS4's streaming service or can the PS4 stream to both Twitch and Ustream?

That was one of the few 1-Ups the Xbox One had and now the PS4 has it too...and Minecraft as well.

Edited by KrazyBean

SuperLink's post isn't meant to taken seriously (Guys.. context). Of course you could argue that game's aren't just that.

He's just happy that there's a game using a unique art style and unique gameplay.

The context is that I almost always see it used as a blanket term used to describe anything not on Nintendo nowadays, lol.

I've grown quite annoyed by it. Anyway, good show. Wish I could have seen it live, but eh. School.

The context is that I almost always see it used as a blanket term used to describe anything not on Nintendo nowadays, lol.

I assure you that's not my mindset. My most played home console of 7th gen is easily the PS3 and I don't own a single game of "that kind".

They're just not for me and they're everywhere, so I've grown bored of the AAA industry not spreading their wings more often. Why can't we get more stuff like LBP and Gravity Rush from big devs. PS All Stars even.

I don't want those kinds of games "gone forever" since I know people like them, what I want is for the rich devs who pump out game after game to.. have more variety in what they pump out. Ubisoft are making a lovely looking RPG, why is there just one game like this from them when they're so huge and pump out so many games? They have the manpower to work on like 8 genres all with different styles at once if they really wanted to.

Edited by SuperLink

Has it been mentioned here that the PS4 streams to Twitch now? So does that mean that Twitch has replaced Ustream as the PS4's streaming service or can the PS4 stream to both Twitch and Ustream?

Should be both, and nothing stops Sony from adding a third option for Youtube streaming. All of those services work exactly the same for the end user, it's simply a matter of what stream login URL you're uploading the feed to.

Literally copying and pasting a different http address (which the PS4 app will probably do by itself).