Awoo.

Sony @ Gamescom 2013 "Remember, Remember, 2 Weeks in November..."

Badnik Mechanic

Still no PS4 exclusive games that I'm interested in, but it's definitely an appealing system.

Impressions: Pretty good conference, lots of announcements, lots of games announces (especially from epic random indi guy who came on stage and announced game after game every second), lots of detail and stuff regarding PS4. Price drops on the vita and memory cards = yay. Lots of new vita games = yay.

But camera work on the conference and the lack of stage presence from the hosts sorta brought it down a lot.

The conference was...okay sadly :(

Its cool that they are pushing ALOT of indie games on to the Sony eco system, officially announcing reduced prices for the PS3 and Vita (memory cards being cheaper is a VERY great thing :)), and some of the new PS4 tittles look really cool, but they didn't do much for the Vita at all.

Only announced non-indie Vita games are Borderlands 2, Lego Marvel, Football Manager, a free to play manager game, and some cool looking Ico-esc tittle; no Sony Bend announcement, no other 3rd party ports, no original 3rd party projects. Sure, its great that Remote Play really works (like REALLY working at native resolution :)) and the price drop for the memory cards is a something that is really great for Vita, but its kinda sad that they really didn't do much for the platform 1st party and 3rd party wise this Gamescom :(.

At least theres that Vita sale, many of the indie games for PS4 are playable on Vita, and Bending of Isaac is free for Plus subscribers, so that's nice stuff :).

To be honest, I'm not really bothered about there not being a huge number of exclusives being there at launch. Its a whole lot better to have a steady stream of them, rather than a huge splurge at the beginning, with an enormous dry spell between while Devs are making the games.

Vita did pretty much that. Blew its load early, and then nothing for ages.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was an alright conference. They announced loads of great Indie games for PS4 and Vita and the latter getting a price drop on the handheld and memory cards is great news! I'm also surprised to hear that the release date for the console is so late, the same month as Xbone! Let's see how that turns out.

I'm hearing Vita memory cars will get price drops as well as Vita itself dropping? Fucking yes, I've wanted a bigger memory card forever but those prices were atrocious.

Hopefully the system's western success will begin to pick up and it can finally get some more decent support and localisations. Nice to see Sony finally trying some more with it.

Vita memory cards and price drops are nice, but I still feel disappointed. I like the PS4, I like the PS3, but Vita needs some life.

Looking from a broad perspective, the launch line-up is strong with a wide range of different genre titles. I'm guessing Killzone will be a big hit. I'm personally only interested in inFAMOUS: Second Son and Watch_Dogs. Knack is intriguing also but those two games hold my major interest. So I guess a later release for EU is better I'm guessing. 

Vita memory cards and price drops are nice, but I still feel disappointed. I like the PS4, I like the PS3, but Vita needs some life.

I was disappointed as well with there Vita showing; talking about Killzone and Tearaway again along with only announcing two first party tittles (a free-to-play one and a interestingly twisted Ico-esc tittle) and only announcing two new 3rd party tittles (Borderlands 2 port and Football Manager). They could have announced cross buy first party tittles or show off Sony Bends game, but with no huge projects from Sony's internal studios for the Vita outside of maybe Freedom Wars, its sad to see the Vita just be a (great abet) indie platform and Remote Play (a great one at that) device outside of being its own thing :(

At least we finally got the discounted memory cards and system prices, so maybe the system will grow some legs and get more PS Vita owners, making more huge games a stronger possibility for the system :)

I was really disappointed.

The only good thing that came out of this for me was the Vita Memory Cards price drops and the PS4 launch dates, I guess.

This was basically an Indiefest when I was expecting some big name games.

There is still the TGS for the Vita in a couple of weeks, but for the PS4, I can't really see anything being announced now that would made me buy it soon.

Edited by Tmsp

Rough Summary (this is missing some info)

PS3

Gran Tourismo 6 (6th December 2013)

Gran Tourismo movie.

Little Big Planet Hub (free to play) (aka, not little big planet 3)

Helldivers

GTA 5 PS3 bundle + headset.

Vita

Borderlands 2.

Football Manager.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Velocity Ultra 2

Starbound

(there were was anouther game announced at the same time as Velocity Ultra 2 but I missed it)

Creepy baby game

Big Fest

Rouge Legacy

Binding of Issac rebirth

Volume

Hotline Miami 2

Helldivers

Resogun

Vita Price Cut

Memory card price cut (no details)

PS4:

Rouge Legacy

Binding of Issac Rebirth

N++

Volume

Guns Of Icarus Online

Hotline Miami 2

Everybody's gone to the Rapture (might be Vita too not sure)

Rime (epic game that looks like Ico.)

Helldivers

Shadow of the Beast (might be also on PS3 (not sure)) (Hogfather has a heart attack)

Playroom (installed on every PS4)

Minecraft.

War Thunder.

PS4 release date: 15th November in North America. 29th November in Europe.

Old stuff: Infamous second Son, Killzone Multiplayer. Drive club, Assassins creed 4 (PS3 & PS4) Watch Dogs (PS3 and PS4)

Features: Twitch TV not behind paywall (this includes watching friends play games), Music Unlimited not behind paywall, alternative music playing during games. Discounts for PS4 digital titles if you own the PS3 versions.

Teased:  Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Media Molecule working on a PS4 games.

PSN+:         14 day free PS+ trial to all new PS4 users, Drive Club and Resogun coming to PS4 PSN+, Assasins creed 3 coming to PSN+.

Anyone who signs up for a years PSN+ tomorrow gets 90 days for free.

Ubisoft: Watch dogs the movie, maybe... I hope... I think... I don't know.

Not conclusive list, I know I missed out some of the Vita games announced.

The blog has a list of the indie games and it includes FEZ on both PS4 and Vita. I thought the guy threw a tantrum because of twitter morons and no FEZ for everyone else ever again? hm.

This was basically an Indiefest when I was expecting some big name games.

Such as? Honest question, I'm wondering.

It's patently evident Sony's going to show their games steadily and closer to release to avoid the Versus/TLG effect and I can't think of a "big" third party company that wouldn't have already announced their AAAs last E3 (or that isn't saving them for TGS next month if japanese).

Not that I expect much from japanese third parties early on given how much they fumbled this gen, mind you.

As for the Vita Memory cards, currently the prices aren't that much of the discount, as they only dropped in price by 20$; the 32 GB costs 79.99, 16 GB costs 39.99, 8 GB costs 24.99, and 4 GB costs 16.99, not that much cheaper (notably the 32GB, as that still costs too much) but its just something to point out. I'm not sure there are the permanent prices, as these prices are from GameStop's website, but I thought you guys should know these potential prices for the MC's.

If we got LittleBigPlanet 3 instead of LittleBigPlanet Hub I don't think most people would be complaining about a lack of interesting announcements.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Features: Twitch TV not behind paywall (this includes watching friends play games), Music Unlimited not behind paywall, alternative music playing during games. Discounts for PS4 digital titles if you own the PS3 versions.

PSN+:         14 day free PS+ trial to all new PS4 users, Drive Club and Resogun coming to PS4 PSN+, Assasins creed 3 coming to PSN+.

Anyone who signs up for a years PSN+ tomorrow gets 90 days for free.

I love the idea of Twitch TV, watching friends play games and friends watching me play games.

Tomorrow I will renew my PSN membership!

None of the games in the PS4 line up are of any interest. I think I will wait a year before I get a PS4.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Just announced on the US Playstation Blog. Velocity 2 is coming to both the Vita and the PS4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmPUlnv8fQ

Oh man, it has side scrolling platforming gameplay as well as the classic space shooting gameplay!

• Thumbs Up 1

Such as? Honest question, I'm wondering.

It's patently evident Sony's going to show their games steadily and closer to release to avoid the Versus/TLG effect and I can't think of a "big" third party company that wouldn't have already announced their AAAs last E3 (or that isn't saving them for TGS next month if japanese).

Not that I expect much from japanese third parties early on given how much they fumbled this gen, mind you.

Well, I was expecting at least Little Big Planet 3.

I was also expecting them to secure some 3rd party exclusives like Microsoft did with Dead Rising 3 and some teaser for something like Naughty Dog's title instead of saying "They are working on a game".

If we got LittleBigPlanet 3 instead of LittleBigPlanet Hub I don't think most people would be complaining about a lack of interesting announcements.

That's a good point; people are just thinking that it being free-to-play means poor game. I wonder though, is Sumo Digital making this, or is this just for PS3 owners while Sumo and Media Molecule are working on a LBP for PS4...

The blog has a list of the indie games and it includes FEZ on both PS4 and Vita. I thought the guy threw a tantrum because of twitter morons and no FEZ for everyone else ever again? hm.

Nah, Phil Fish only cancelled Fez 2. Polytron as a corporation is still a thing, and they had versions of Fez being ported by other people (as well as the original programmer of Fez I think overseeing it too) so it's not Fish doing those at all.

Anyway some cool games announced can't wait to play some of 'em. I'm cool with more indies rather than AAA titles at this point.

So, still no Vita killer app, eh? Oh well, the price cut is very nice but for fucks sakes, it'll just become my Disgaea, Persona 4, and Dangan Ronpa machine. You know, games already made but got remakes :l

The playstation blogs have all of todays announcements up. They've gone into a lot more detail on the games shown and some have gameplay trailers.

Suddenly the conferene is a lot more interesting, even LBP Hub is interesting... if you don't own either of the games.

It's possible this was planned long before he actually threw the tantrum.

Everything from you have from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 can be ported to LittleBigPlanet Hub. I'm actually really interested in it personally. Why not? It's free to play and it's more LittleBigPlanet. The fact that it was specifically mentioned that Media Molecule is working on a PS4 game is reason enough to believe a third game is coming so the insistence on it being revealed months before the console launches is kind of ridiculous.

I was actually quite satisfied with this Gamescom conference. The Vita price drop and reduced cost of memory cards, LittleBigPlanet Hub, Rime, Res0gun and various other games announced today interested me a lot. Also I finally know when the damn thing is coming out.

• Thumbs Up 1