Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Extras?

Velcomia

Hey everyone! smile.png
So in the gameplay footage we have seen how the game looks, how the physics are and It looks excellent! What I've noticed is the Red Rings, I wonder what we unlock for getting them all? Possible artwork or maybe something completely different? Anyone got any thoughs? biggrin.png

I would like to see Super Sonic parkouring. smile.png

This game is similar to Colors almost so I think there will be Super Sonic for all red rings collected.

Some unlockable artwork and maybe cutscenes will be there as well, I guess.

Artwork, possibly something related to Super Sonic.

Sound test.

Please have a sound test.

/PLEASE/ have a sound test, specially with this gorgeous soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 5

I would like to see Super Sonic parkouring. smile.png

This game is similar to Colors almost so I think there will be Super Sonic for all red rings collected.

Some unlockable artwork and maybe cutscenes will be there as well, I guess.

If Supersonic returns, they BETTER get rid of the annoying 5 second loop. I'd also think Super Color Powers would be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am thinking artwork and music cause of the new style. Maybe Super Sonic a la Colors?

Also don't forget that they said rescueing animals will unlock stuff or have an impact on the game. Something along those lines.

If Super Sonic returns, they should make faster versions of each level's music, like in Sonic After the Sequel.

Edited by Ben Tennyson

Knuckles as an unlockable character after you get 100% completion. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ditto with Johnny Boy! Making Knuckles, Tails, Amy, or even Eggman playable as an option you can unlock would be so much fun, and a cool incentive for getting the red rings.  

If Supersonic returns, they BETTER get rid of the annoying 5 second loop. I'd also think Super Color Powers would be pretty cool.

They did that in Sonic Generations but it felt odd without something to go with Super Sonic. IMO the composers should do alternative track of the music of the stage ALA Yoshi style in Super Mario World/Sunshine where it's..... well "SUPERFIED" :P

• Thumbs Up 2

They did that in Sonic Generations but it felt odd without something to go with Super Sonic. IMO the composers should do alternative track of the music of the stage ALA Yoshi style in Super Mario World/Sunshine where it's..... well "SUPERFIED" :P

I second that! Playing as SS in Generaations without some special jingle felt...wrong.

I'd love to see some concept art again. Just please don't make it a bitch to collect em all like Sonic Unleashed. Sound test would be nice too since I don't think Sonic Colours had one.

You know... wouldn't it be awesome if Super Sonic could fly like the Eagle Wisp?

Yes, he would be OP, but come on... it's Super Sonic, he's supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally if Super Sonic is returning can we actually make him you know, fun and SUPER to play as? He was so ass in Generations, he consumed rings way too fast and was SLOWER than normal Sonic boosting when he was SUPER BOOSTING, he wasn't anything special in Colours either.

Come on he's meant to be the badass end all ultimatum and the ultimate unlockable, not some half baked skin with a flight animation/on rails "fly above stage until rings deplete" kind of deal, it's this reason alone that makes me sick of seeing/using Super Sonic in the games recently, Colours was a niiiice breathe of fresh air, despite how easy Nega Wisp Armour Eggman was.

• Thumbs Up 6

I think that if Super Sonic is in this, he will be the 'super wisp' so to speak; he will have ALL the wisp powers (via touch screen) and can use them unlimitedly on top of being faster, having the spin dash be a boost like thing, and have him jump higher. 

In regards to actual extras, with the parkor system and the tighter controls, I would love a Sonic World type hub; you can play emulated versions of the classic's, see art work, have a interactive sound test (remember all of those sick dance moves modern/classic Sonic had in the demo), and all kinds of fun stuff like missions that test the parkor mechanics and races with Sonic's friends. I know its kinda hopeless asking for this type of extra (already ask for this to happen in Generations :(), but it would be really cool to have :).

I really think we should fundamentally revamp Super Sonic as the end-game reward.... First, he shouldn't be the end-game reward if we're going to keep cranking him out as broken mode, especially in games with canon Super fights (seriously, just give him to players after you beat the final boss). That prize belongs to a newly accessibly area entirely, like DKC2's Lost World or something. Second, the fun of a platformer is in the level design and how you are challenged to traverse it. Super Sonic inherently throws this away, and all you're left with is what amounts to a big area of nothing that he can just blaze through. Wouldn't it be far, far, far more interesting if Super Sonic actually had his own levels or boss rushes or something that were tailored specifically to his abilities? Something that actually challenged the player and further exemplified the idea of Super Sonic as a powerful badass? Why just keep recycling a 20-sum'n year old idea? Hell, if I wanted to be near-invincible for entire levels, I'd play Unleashed. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

I really think we should fundamentally revamp Super Sonic as the end-game reward.... First, he shouldn't be the end-game reward if we're going to keep cranking him out as broken mode, especially in games with canon Super fights (seriously, just give him to players after you beat the final boss). That prize belongs to a newly accessibly area entirely, like DKC2's Lost World or something. Second, the fun of a platformer is in the level design and how you are challenged to traverse it. Super Sonic inherently throws this away, and all you're left with is what amounts to a big area of nothing that he can just blaze through. Wouldn't it be far, far, far more interesting if Super Sonic actually had his own levels or boss rushes or something that were tailored specifically to his abilities? Something that actually challenged the player and further exemplified the idea of Super Sonic as a powerful badass? Why just keep recycling a 20-sum'n year old idea? Hell, if I wanted to be near-invincible for entire levels, I'd play Unleashed. =P

Sega did so something like this with the extra levels in Colors (even as basic as they were), but you idea would be awesome; DKCR 3D did this with a whole new world and from the gameplay I saw of it online, those levels were as good as the normal stages.  Maybe Sega could make a 'classic' world that takes the idea that DKCR 3D had with re-using the level tropes but turned up to extreme; a supped up Windy Hill with extensive usage of the lazzer wisp for navigation and parkor enabled lop-de-lops or Dessert Ruins having you go on a marathon between all the zones themes of candy, honey and desert with extensive use of the drill and eagle wisps.

That being said, Super Sonic should still be a hidden unlock as he's been part of the series since Sonic 2, and he still has a lot of potential in 3D (remember, Colors and Generations was the first time outside of his scraped inclusion from Sonic Adventure were he was playable in 3D, and all they did was give him unlimited boost; with the new parkor system and run button, you have a lot of potential with his move set).

If Super Sonic is in this game, than I hope he is more fun to play with than in Generations. Modern Super Sonic Drains around 10 rings per second while boosting, and Classic Super Sonic just turns invincible. 

Super Sonic in Colors was fun though.

After unlocking it in rachet and clank: ACiT, a type of insomniac museum would be a pretty good unlockable for this game that I can think of, it can be a reward for collecting all of the red rings, getting enough animals, beating the game, and getting all s-ranks.

After unlocking it in rachet and clank: ACiT, a type of insomniac museum would be a pretty good unlockable for this game that I can think of, it can be a reward for collecting all of the red rings, getting enough animals, beating the game, and getting all s-ranks.

Speaking of that, that actuary bummed me out when I unlocked it; it was messed up that things like Gravity Sphere, the giant worm enemies, the hoverbord challenges, and the randomly generated challenge rooms got scrapped but seeing Insomniac telling us what the development process was for ACiT was a treat of itself and we didn't have to slog our way though hacking mini games to get through it (that was REALLY stupid in UYA Insomniac angry.png).  If Sonic Team did that for Lost World and let us play around with some of the scrapped content (like maybe the Bata-layout of Windy Hill for example) and see the development of the music/designs, characters and more would be great :)

Unless Super Sonic is flying and is super fast, I don't want him as an extra. Seriously, Super Sonic doing parkour? Come on! That's super lame! He can fly over any obstacle for God's sake and his jump should be much higher.

Guess the unlockables will be artworks and music, which is kinda lame as well.. IF, however, there's an unlockable character skin (Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic etc) then it would be awesome!

All I want is Super Sonic, and playable characters (optional and unlockable). Have them play EXACTLY like Sonic, just with their own gimmicks (flying for Tails, gliding with Knuckles and... whatever else for Amy). Seriously, that would be pretty awesome.

As for Super Sonic, I'd just like to be able to use Wisps and not get cut off after it's over. Generations' Planet Wisp was notorious with that because whenever you'd go super and use a wisp, you'd be normal Sonic after using the wisp. That also meant if you had less than 50 rings, you couldn't go super again.

I hope they fix Super Sonic this time around, if he's in the game. I didn't really like using him in Colors and Generations for a few reasons:

For Colors:

1. The level design was much more restrictive when Super Sonic mode was enabled, due to being unable to use Color Powers. (This was sort of fixed in Generations, but more on that later)

2. You can't use him in Boss Fights.

In Generations, while it sorta fixed the Wisp problem for Planet Wisp, it created more problems that made him much worse to use.

1. Rings drains at a much faster rate: 2 rings per second instead of 1, and 5 or 10 rings per second when Modern Sonic boosts, which makes the transformation much harder to sustain and kills a lot of fun in using him.

2. Classic Super Sonic is just invincible and can jump slightly higher than normal, and for some reason, has a slower top speed than normal Classic Sonic.

3. Using Color Powers now forces you to revert back to normal Sonic. (This is also an issue for me in S4E2 when trying to use a tag action with Tails while using Super Sonic.) Why does he have to revert? Why can't we just have 'Super' versions of Color Powers, or just use regular Color Powers without having to cancel the transformation? It's pretty annoying, especially for Speed-runners; and then you have to go hunt for 50 rings again to regain the transformation.

4. He's still not playable in Boss fights, with the exception of the final boss, Time Eater, which was poorly designed.

I'm hoping these issues will be fixed for Lost World. I want to enjoy the transformation and use his powers to rape the levels and bosses just like in the Genesis games. I want the drain speed to go back to 1 Ring per second and I want to be able to use Color Powers with Super Sonic without being forced to revert.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 4

So long as concept art, music and cutscenes don't have to be collected manually like in Unleashed I'll be happy. Dear god that was annoying.

I think that if Super Sonic is in this, he will be the 'super wisp' so to speak; he will have ALL the wisp powers (via touch screen) and can use them unlimitedly on top of being faster, having the spin dash be a boost like thing, and have him jump higher.

I like this idea. My peeve in Colors was he effectively nullified the Wisp Powers whenever you had enough rings... it got pretty frustrating. So combining Wisps with the mode would actually make a fair bit of sense if implemented correctly.