Awoo.

SilentDoom's Sketch Studio

SilentDoom

Your incredible. Definitely favouring the Samus and Iron Man & Superman pictures. WOW :D What a treat!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sketch of Jon Talbain from the Darkstalkers series.  I plan on sketching a couple more Darkstalkers characters later as well

CMC5Jj4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sketch of Fox McCloud.  Based more on his Starfox 64 3D and Melee looks.

Q3P0DIC.jpg 

• Thumbs Up 1

Waiting for dat Sonic Lost World (bout time I did an actual Sonic sketch here)

r5iEzdI.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

A work in progress digital sketch of Shadow.  I kept my rough outlines there so that it wouldn't looks so flat and so it would look a little more "sketchy".

QBpV2hV.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Next step of the Shadow painting.  I don't paint much so my style is inefficient and kinda sloppy.  I'm considering a background kind of akin to Stardust Speedway.  Not sure though.  

ICj49kI.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Not bad really, your blending is ok, it doesn't look flat which is good. Overall I think you did ok, your line weight on him could use some variation though, but that's just me. Are you using a tablet, or a mouse? if its a mouse than I understand.

Edited by Noel

Not bad really, your blending is ok, it doesn't look flat which is good. Overall I think you did ok, your line weight on him could use some variation though, but that's just me. Are you using a tablet, or a mouse? if its a mouse than I understand.

Tablet but for some reason it doesn't detect pen pressure so I lose out on half the benefits of it being a tablet =/  I'll probably get a new one at a later stage.  Thank you for the feedback.

Dropped this in the Mighty No. 9 thread yesterday, but I may as well drop it here as well.  It was even tweeted on the Mighty No. 9 Twitter page which was pretty cool.

S6FxuJq.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Work in progress sketch of what I call Platinum Heroes.  

WAkxEf5.jpg

Basically the final drawing will have Wonder Red, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Sam Gideon, Jack Cayman, Bayonetta and Raiden (possibly Gene if there's space but it's unlikely).  So far obviously I've only done the line drawings for the first two and I'm still considering what kind of other media and colour scheme to use afterwards.  

• Thumbs Up 2

You're art is pretty good. The Shadow one is one of your rather good ones from what I see. Your recent one here is pretty good too. The one in the back looks a little better than Joe, but still, rather decent sketches.

• 1 month later...

Ganondorf sketch that incorporates design elements from various incarnations.  Apologies for the quality.

734432_10201893038143710_70973440_n.jpg

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pretty damn cool drawings. happy.png Love your running Sonic, and the Iron Man picture. Ganondorf is really epic, too. I can really imagine him holding a flaming ball of evil doom energy in his hand.

And maybe it stuck out to me 'cause I suck at it... but you're really good at drawing hands. I have so much trouble with those... huh.png

Either way, good job on all of those!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty damn cool drawings. happy.png Love your running Sonic, and the Iron Man picture. Ganondorf is really epic, too. I can really imagine him holding a flaming ball of evil doom energy in his hand.

And maybe it stuck out to me 'cause I suck at it... but you're really good at drawing hands. I have so much trouble with those... huh.png

Either way, good job on all of those!

Thanks a lot good sir.  Hands are actually something I find fairly tricky (not as tricky as feet mind).  I spend a fair bit of time on them but I'm glad that they look good to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Something a little different.  This was for my modelling assignment at uni.  It's Zero from the Megaman Zero games.  There's no colour/texture because we're only marked on the quality of the model.  In addition, we have a 5,500 poly limit (4,000 for the character itself, 1,500 for a 'prop' which in my case was the helmet and hair).  Mine is 4744 polys in total.

fI2KVnE.png Ebae1WX.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I've never played Mega Man, but I have seen the character enough to say that looks pretty spot-on! It's always fun to be able to use stuff from the franchises one loves in assignments, and this must have been no exception! I'm sure you'll get an awesome grade. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never played Mega Man, but I have seen the character enough to say that looks pretty spot-on! It's always fun to be able to use stuff from the franchises one loves in assignments, and this must have been no exception! I'm sure you'll get an awesome grade. smile.png

Funnily enough I'm not actually a massive Megaman fan either.  I do, however, really like Zero's character design and thought he'd be great to model.  Thank you very much, fingers crossed it does well.

Also, more art!  And Sonic art nonetheless.  Was listening to a bunch of JSR music today as well as listening to

got kind of inspired by it.  So basically here's Sonic in Beat's get-up:

XUB2Im0.jpg

I also did a posterized version.  I was just messing with filters out of boredom and thought it actually looked pretty dang cool.

YCCprw7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what? I like the cut of your jib. Your artwork has clear attention to detail, form, and line that is admirable, my favorite piece in particular that exemplifies this being your Platinum Heroes sketch. <3 I wanna keep seeing you draw and improve.

Speaking of which: you're in art college, ne? Do you have access to a life drawing class? Because taking that class is like a key that kinda opens the door to extremely fast improvement. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow thanks a lot Nepenthe!  I'm actually not in art college, however I am doing an animation course at university where we have life drawing sessions every Thursday.  I really need to start getting my head around a lot of the concepts introduced in them though.  Mentally I'm aware of stuff like line of action for example, it's just applying them into my work and adjusting my work ethic in general.  But yeah I do definitely plan on constantly improving where I can.

JSR being one of the few non-Sonic SEGA titles I've played, I can definitely say that I appreciate this. Sonic looks natural in Beat's outfit and it fits his rebellious personality.

Now you have me hoping that if there's ever a new JSR, they have Sonic as a secret unlockable character. I don't think they would because not wanting to associate Sonic with a "punk" culture but I can dream!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a random little animation I did with the practice character used at our uni in a couple of hours.  We were asked as an exercise to do a jump but since I'm super cool I made this as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5hikQZEEIU

• Thumbs Up 2