Awoo.

SilentDoom's Sketch Studio

SilentDoom

A couple of drawings from my Pre Production assignment.  We had a choice of 4 weird compound words to pick from a develop ideas and create a storyboard from.  Out of the four words I chose Maplefish.  My story was about a young fish boy living on a floating island in the sky and suffering from a bit of an identity crisis.  He attempts to climb the giant maple tree on the island but to little success.  He then realises that maybe climbing trees isn't for him and so takes a dive off the island and into the sea below where he truly belongs.  Here's an environment sketch and character design sketch.

ZlK9kxd.jpg

iGkspEu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Skittle art!  Yummy!

BpbYzY9l.jpg

I only had one bag.  I think next time I will make it bigger and better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've decided that I'm going to attempt to do the Knuckles Chaotix gang in Sonic Boom style.  I'll keep updating this post as I add more.  First up is of course Knuckles himself.

L3ah9wfl.jpg

Pretty much the Boom design, though I decided to tweak the upper body so that it looked more muscular as opposed to inflated and tweak the face to look a little more menacing.

Next up is Mighty

novPmdXl.jpg

I decided to redesign him quite radically, you'd almost think it were a different character barring a few definable features (such as the ears and colour scheme).  He's shorter and stockier but the most notable change obviously is the big shell on his back.  A real life armadillo's most stand-out anatomical feature is its shell, therefore I felt it fitting for Mighty to stray from his "Sonic clone" anatomical archetype and adopt the shell.  I feel it also helps to make his silhouette more instantly recognisible from the rest of the Chaotix crew and Sonic characters in general.  Additionally, I wanted Mighty to essentially represent a defensive powerhouse of the group (as also supported by the elbow and knee pads), sacrificing some of the speed for unparalleled defensive prowess.  When Mighty curls into a ball he will most definitely be a force to be reckoned with.   

As I said, it's pretty radical.  You're free to dislike it, I won't take any offense.  I just thought it would be a neat experimental idea.

Next will be Espio, Vector and Charmy (I might get Espio up in a few hours, but Vector and Charmy will come tomorrow).

• Thumbs Up 4

I've decided that I'm going to attempt to do the Knuckles Chaotix gang in Sonic Boom style.  I'll keep updating this post as I add more.  First up is of course Knuckles himself.

L3ah9wfl.jpg

Pretty much the Boom design, though I decided to tweak the upper body so that it looked more muscular as opposed to inflated and tweak the face to look a little more menacing.  

In order it will be Mighty, Espio, Vector and Charmy redesigns.  Stay tuned for Mighty, as he's probably the most radical of my redesigns.

Heh, you got me curious, what no bonus member Ray though? :P

Heh, you got me curious, what no bonus member Ray though? tongue.png

I think I'll do Ray at a later stage along with Fang, Bean and Bark.

Just updated the post with Mighty, make of him what you will ^^

Looks pretty awesome, I actually like what you did with Mighty though. He has a lot of the qualities you'd think of when trying to capture the look of an armadillo, while also maintaining a "Sonicy" vibe. Nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that looks pretty awesome. Nice work he looks pretty angry.

Thanks a lot!  

I'm only now looking through your art topic and I see a lot of good stuff here. Your attention to detail is pretty awesome; your recent Sonic Boom drawings could pass as concept art or something haha.

I'm only now looking through your art topic and I see a lot of good stuff here. Your attention to detail is pretty awesome; your recent Sonic Boom drawings could pass as concept art or something haha.

I apologise for not replying straight away, but thank you very much =)  I'll try to get my concepts of other Chaotix members up soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not drawings, but instead here is the work I did for my animation assignment.  We were set to do two animated pieces, a looped animation and a 15 second narrative piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owpqh337Eq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03k4v9VFDRM

EDIT: Also, finally managed to get round to doing the next Boom Chaotix character, Espio:

EStwlql.jpg

Making him even more ninja-like seemed fairly obvious to me.  I was inspired a fair bit by Strider Hiryu (a design whom I think is completely amazing in every way).  Most notable thing is the ninja scarf.  I decided to make it dark blue for a couple of reasons.  One so that it would stand out amongst the general colour schemes of the Chaotix (there's almost no blue amongst them) and two so that it would fit as a nice contrast with the rest of Espio's colour scheme.  I was originally thinking black but I thought it wouldn't be as engaging.  Overall his redesign isn't quite as radical as Knuckles' or Mighty's though as I didn't feel it needed to be. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 years later...

Oh, hello there!  It's been quite a while since I've popped in around these parts so allow me to post some drawings/sketches I've done in my spare time.

I've an album of my more recent drawings here: 

A lot of Pokemon drawings mainly due to their variety in designs, but a few other things too.  There's even a Super Sonic at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice work with those drawings! I think the joltik one is my fave due to how cute and soft you've made it. Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

A couple more new drawings!  One of Zero Suit Samus and another of Metal Sonic 

PXGe2XB.jpg

sfoMCbY.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1