Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

I found the Mega Man series to be quite good, especially how the arcs would last for four issues, which means that they won't drag on for longer than necessary. The artwork is quite good too. Ian Flyn did a great job on the writing too.

Looking forward to the Ra Moon saga and how it would be adapted.

I found the Mega Man series to be quite good, especially how the arcs would last for four issues, which means that they won't drag on for longer than necessary.

I find it has the opposite problem really, particularly the first arc. Each arc only lasting four issues doesn't leave them much time to focus on the Robot Masters of each game adaption, and their battles are usually over by the next page (the first games adaption had this worse, with Elec Man defeated offscreen and Fire Man in the space of two panels).

I do still enjoy the comic, its just this point of how quickly the bosses are defeated kinda disappoints me a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's why I think that Ian shouldn't confine himself to just 4 issues whenever he tackles and arc, and just have it be as long as he thinks it should be (be it 5 or 6 issues)

Plus, technically the Ra Moon arc is five parts with #28 acting as the prelude. So in a way, they're shaking up the 4-issue format a bit even though the prelude will be in the Breaking Point arc rather than the one it leads into. 

I find it has the opposite problem really, particularly the first arc. Each arc only lasting four issues doesn't leave them much time to focus on the Robot Masters of each game adaption, and their battles are usually over by the next page (the first games adaption had this worse, with Elec Man defeated offscreen and Fire Man in the space of two panels).

I do still enjoy the comic, its just this point of how quickly the bosses are defeated kinda disappoints me a bit.

I don't the robots being defeated in one page or heck a panel. I don't want things to drag out and it keeps the story arc short and sweet. There's a lot of Robot Masters in the Mega Man Universe and it's not like they wont be returning ever so I'm totally okay with it.

Today I picked up the new issue, haven't read it yet but I do try to support the series despite not being a huge MM fan.

I'm going to pick up the newest issue later today. And from what I've heard about it so far, shit's gonna go down.

Sorry for double-posting, but I feel like I had to say this without editing my last post. Talk about a complete "Mood-Whiplash." 

So, couple things this issue had that could raise some eyebrows:

-Actual display of human sacrifice

-Planes falling down in large cities

-Power going out in the middle of a surgery

-Roll getting shot point-blank

-An ending with Break Man overlooking all the chaos ensuing in the city

Okay, so some of that stuff isn't exactly dark, but certainly shocking and pleasing to see a scary situation in such a way. It also comes off as a surprise that this all happens after a rather light-hearted crossover hence the mood-whiplash comment.

This was good issue and a great prelude to the Blackout arc.

• Thumbs Up 2

What did annoy me was that the variant had text on it, I like the variants to have 'clean' covers so I picked up the normal edition instead. The art looked really good on the cover, anyone else think the same?

Sorry for double-posting, but I feel like I had to say this without editing my last post. Talk about a complete "Mood-Whiplash." 

So, couple things this issue had that could raise some eyebrows:

-Actual display of human sacrifice

-Planes falling down in large cities

-Power going out in the middle of a surgery

-Roll getting shot point-blank

-An ending with Break Man overlooking all the chaos ensuing in the city

Okay, so some of that stuff isn't exactly dark, but certainly shocking and pleasing to see a scary situation in such a way. It also comes off as a surprise that this all happens after a rather light-hearted crossover hence the mood-whiplash comment.

This was good issue and a great prelude to the Blackout arc.

I prefer Roll getting shot and not functioning to "Roll doesn't work because she's a girl robot" most stupid thing in Super Adventure Rockman

Edited by Celestia Ludenberg
  • Thumbs Up 4

Hey guys, if you're gonna subscribe to the comics (now being the best time), I recommend adding your email to the newsletter first and foremost.

That way, you get a 20% discount on your order - that doesn't just go to Archie's own works, but SonicSonic Universe, and Mega Man as well. Limited time only!

The worlds collide series was so good that I wish it would continue as a separate team up comic. Like the Superman and Batman comics. Sonic and Mega Man really compliment each other well. Mega Man is peaceful where as Sonic is sarcastic and funny. I agree that some Sonic arcs need to be longer than others. For instance, my favorite Sonic Universe Arc other than worlds collide was the Secret Freedom fighters arc. I would have liked it if it went on a bit longer, Shard was awesome.

MM32-220x.jpg

MM32var-220x.jpg

"Curse of Ra Moon" Part Four: The startling, jaw-dropping conclusion to this MEGA-EPIC story is here! The tables have turned as the evil Dr. Wily and his sixteen Robot Masters stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Mega Man! But the ominous alien known as RA MOON still threatens the lives of both the heroes AND the villains! Who will survive and what will become of them? Can their combined power overcome Ra Moon? One thing is certain—there's no way our hero will be walking away from this one unscathed! Featuring an all-new cover art from Mega-art-guru Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and an awesome new "payback" variant cover from artist POWREE (Sandra and Woo)!

That Variant is beautiful 

Edited by Dejimon11

Better description.

"Curse of Ra Moon" Part Four: The startling, jaw-dropping conclusion to this MEGA-EPIC story is here! The tables have turned as the evil Dr. Wily and his sixteen Robot Masters stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Mega Man! But the ominous alien known as RA MOON still threatens the lives of both the heroes AND the villains! Who will survive and what will become of them? Can their combined power overcome Ra Moon? One thing is certain—there's no way our hero will be walking away from this one unscathed! Featuring an all-new cover art from Mega-art-guru Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and an awesome new "payback" variant cover from artist POWREE (Sandra and Woo)!

BTW, Do I spy Centaur Man on the first cover?

Edited by DarkLight

The worlds collide series was so good that I wish it would continue as a separate team up comic. Like the Superman and Batman comics. Sonic and Mega Man really compliment each other well. Mega Man is peaceful where as Sonic is sarcastic and funny. I agree that some Sonic arcs need to be longer than others. For instance, my favorite Sonic Universe Arc other than worlds collide was the Secret Freedom fighters arc. I would have liked it if it went on a bit longer, Shard was awesome.

Whilst I love this idea, it couldn't work unless Mega Man and Sonic were in the same world in the comics, the main reason Batman and Superman works is because its connected to their own stories. Archie would do some 'other universe/whiteout' crap and it wouldn't really work.

Edited by The Crash

OneShallFall_zps186796d7-450x441.jpg

and now things have gotten darker

Edited by Dejimon11

Covers time. Big enough for your eyes to view.IsDCkE6.jpg9Zer8Lw.jpg

MEGA MAN #32

"Curse of Ra Moon" Part Four: The startling, jaw-dropping conclusion to this MEGA-EPIC story is here!  The tables have turned as the evil Dr. Wily and his sixteen Robot Masters stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Mega Man! But the ominous alien known as RA MOON still threatens the lives of both the heroes AND the villains! Who will survive and what will become of them? Can their combined power overcome Ra Moon? One thing is certain—there's no way our hero will be walking away from this one unscathed! Featuring an all-new cover art from Mega-art-guru Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and an awesome new "payback" variant cover from artist POWREE (Sandra and Woo)!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn
ART: Mike Cavallaro, Gary Martin, John Workman, and Matt Herms
Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante
"Payback" Variant cover: POWREE
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/11
32-page, full color comic 
$2.99 US.

I'm defiantly collecting mega man issues now c:

Edited by kimplix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, I wish Spaz would do the artwork for the comic more often. I wasn't a big fan of his most recent work on Sonic, but his Megaman work is spot-on.

Whilst I love this idea, it couldn't work unless Mega Man and Sonic were in the same world in the comics, the main reason Batman and Superman works is because its connected to their own stories. Archie would do some 'other universe/whiteout' crap and it wouldn't really work.

Yeah, I know your right. I just wish worlds collide was a little longer. I know 12 issues is long, but it still did not feel like enough to me. (Spoiler Alert) Mostly because I felt like the ending was a bit abrupt, which was the only thing that bothered me about worlds collide. That there was not a proper goodbye between Sonic and Mega Man after the friendship they forged. I get that Sonic's universe was falling apart, and he had to go right away. But there should have been another bro fist or something. Anyway, the writers did an amazing job on the story, finding unique ways to meld both universes. Which is why I wanted it to go on for a couple more issues. On the other hand, having such an abrupt ending might have been the only way to end the Worlds collide series. That having Sonic leave abruptly was Archie's way of ripping the bandaid off. Since Sonic and Mega Mans universes could not always stay intertwined, despite how awesome it was.

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, you can bet there were people who just wanted to get back to status quo and any plot-points that were put on hold for the crossover mostly in Sonic's case thus cutting the end a bit short.

Though this coming from someone who doesn't care either way.

Thats true too. I do want to see the whole Sally thing resolved. And Mega Man was just about to find out that his brother is Break man. I must say that I really like the way that Archie has been handling the stories of Sonic and Mega Man. As a few others have mentioned, the cover art in it of itself has been amazing. I wonder if Archie plans to make any more video game adaptations? They are very good at capturing the games that they make comics for.

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

My main annoyance with the crossover on the Sonic side of things was that it started and left the main story on a vital plot point. The same thing happened with Mega Man but it was nowhere near as worse.

Edited by The Crash

ok i finally know how posting works heres a preview of post WWC

MegaMan_28-2-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_28-3-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_28-4-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_28-7-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_28-8-noscale.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1