Awoo.

Breath of Fire 6 announced. Carbo kills himself.

Carbo

Better put on those 3D glasses cause these news are coming right at you

You wanted it, now you're getting it

After 11 years Capcom are bringing back their classic JRPG franchise, Breath of Fire, for it's sixth installment

3ed33c4f.jpg

And it's an online touch RPG for PC, Smartphones and Tablets

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-01-breath-of-fire-6-announced-for-pc-tablet-and-smartphones

tumblr_mqp6f6XgGR1r1cpzlo1_500.gif

Ah yes Capcom utterly buttfucking people's favorite franchises. Seems to be their specialty. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

We haven't even seen gameplay. It might not be bad. Besides, I heard the last BoF was crappy and the sales weren't very good.

Absolutely no one is happy about this. Capcom just don't know how to make their fans happy at all anymore.

We haven't even seen gameplay. It might not be bad.

Pretty sure "social game" speaks for itself.

that_crazy_nicholas_cage_47_That_Crazy_N

I'm laughing because I saw it coming the moment the title was announced.

Megaman, DMC, BoF... at this rate the next Ace Attorney is going to be a Facebook/Mobile game wherein you farm evidence on a daily basis (but thankfully you can buy +1000 evidence packs @ $5 each!)

Crossing my fingers for this to bomb hard and everyone responsible for its approval fired and banned from videogames forever.

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 5

Excuse my not know but what platform was this originally on? Playstation?

1-2 are SNES, 3-4 PS1, 5 was on PS2. There's been ports to GBA and PSP of the first three.

BoF6 is the first brand new entry in more than 10 years, and we get this filth.

Jesus.

Crossing my fingers for this to bomb hard and everyone responsible for its approval fired and banned from videogames forever.

Capcom - "We tried but the fans just weren't interested. No more Breath of Fire ever. This is your fault. Shame on you."

• Thumbs Up 9

Capcom - "We tried but the fans just weren't interested. No more Breath of Fire ever. This is your fault. Shame on you."

Oh for fucks sakes, that was CAPCOM of Europe, not the Japanese division.

Social mobile gaming is a fate worse than death, so I'll take that.

• Thumbs Up 4

If fans buy the game, Capcom will get the wrong message and think that this is the right way to go with the franchise.

If fans don't buy the game, Capcom will also get the wrong message and think that nobody wants more games in the series.

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation.

• Thumbs Up 4

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation.

Welcome to the new Capcom, comrade. If you want to know how this plays out ahead of time, see: DmC, Resident Evil 6, Rockman XOVER, and many other modern classics.

I defended Capcom for titles like Bionic Commando, Dark Void and recently Remember Me.

I defended Capcom for Ultimate Marvel 3.

I defended Capcom for the Street Fighter x Tekken DLC fiasco.

I even defended Capcom for the Asura's Wrath DLC finale.

But this? This is simply a giant middle finger thrusted in the rears of the fans who stayed loayal for all this years, wanting a new BoF game.

It's unexcusable, and shameful.

Now i know how Megaman fans feel.

I defended Capcom for titles like Dark Void and recently Remember Me.

Well, to be perfectly fair, both of those titles didn't have bad concepts, and indeed had some pretty sweet ideas, they just weren't as amazing as they could've been. Remember Me in particular at least deserves praise for trying to go for a new IP with a female protagonist, even if the quality of the game itself is much more subjective. Those games tried to do something new and try to stand out from the pack, but they just weren't quite so good, and that happens, unfortunately, it can't be helped sometimes.

Now, this? This is inexcusable.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

I won't be ticked off by this too much unless they announce it as a social game. It already looks half-assed as it is, but it's where the money is I guess.

I used to love Capcom so much, but stuff like this makes me increasingly sad.

I wonder if there's absolutely anything the fans can do to give Capcom a reality check so they go back to how they used to be. :c

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's next? The Darkstalkers revival will be an iOs card game?

The Darkstalkers are dead (there isn't going to be a revival)

To be honest though, I'd rather the Darkstalkers remain dead than have a shit """tribute""" like this to their name.

dunno if this is gonna stop the Carboat from heading towards the next Iceberg, but this is probably related

also a BoF Artbook, published by Udon, natch

• Thumbs Up 1