Awoo.

Sonic Lost World's supposedly dark dialouge

FromASloth

I don't even know what "that one line" is.

Me niether. My guess is probably the "strangle a zeti" line.

Ya know. After Eggman put a gun to Amy's head....anything considered dark afterwards was futile, and I actually enjoyed the dark tone they gave Eggman. He's the main villain. He's blown up a fucking moon and took animals/aliens hostage. Some mild language in games is nothing. If they didn't abuse the word "DAMN" in SHTH, I would have accepted that and enjoyed the slightly darker tone continue throughout the series.

SERIOUSLY! These questionable lines in SLW are nothing compared to the stuff Eggman did in SA2, or the stuff we saw in SA1 (remember the Tikal flashbacks?) With that said, why does no body question Pokemon? Human characters stealing, selling, and attacking wild animals (POKEMON). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya know. After Eggman put a gun to Amy's head....anything considered dark afterwards was futile, and I actually enjoyed the dark tone they gave Eggman. He's the main villain. He's blown up a fucking moon and took animals/aliens hostage. Some mild language in games is nothing. If they didn't abuse the word "DAMN" in SHTH, I would have accepted that and enjoyed the slightly darker tone continue throughout the series.

SERIOUSLY! These questionable lines in SLW are nothing compared to the stuff Eggman did in SA2, or the stuff we saw in SA1 (remember the Tikal flashbacks?) With that said, why does no body question Pokemon? Human characters stealing, selling, and attacking wild animals (POKEMON). 

Because SONIC. That's the only answer.

I'm guessing because language can be a much more powerful tool than images alone, I mean which would have been more powerful, Eggman holding a gun to Amy's head or him saying "sonic come to the control room before I shoot Amy's brains out!" At the start of Crazy gadget, same situation but different strengths of imagery.

Concerning SA1 and the genocide line in this game, in SA1, if you take it as what you see, all we see or know is that Chaos attacked Pachacamac and the members who attacked and then attacked the tribe out if anger until Tikal sealed him, he didn't go hunting purposely for echidnas. However the genocide line makes it clear that someone (most likely Eggman in this context) was actively hunting down a species/race to kill.

The next thing is the many lines referencing death, this is from a series where death is usually avoided (unless needed for story 06 and SA2) in Station square when Chaos attacks no deaths are mentioned even though there probably were some and in ShtH they even pull the bullshit "everyone was evacuated to a safe zone" when Central City was destroyed and when Shadow goes all out to destroy the escape capsule the president just limps away. Even Eggman won't (usually) say he's going to kill sonic, he will allude to it the way a cartoon villain would, or just that he is going to beat hom e.g. "I'll squish you sonic".

There is also the line about "deaths sweet embrace" or something along those lines, which alludes to suicide, a very touchy subject and one that has only been in the series once (Black Knight) which was a spinoff so wasn't in the big scope of the series, a line referencing or at least alluding to suicide in the main series cannon is pretty big as I said because it is quite a touchy subject for a lot of people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I say bring on the dark dialogue. This game needs all the darkness it can get.

I'm guessing because language can be a much more powerful tool than images alone, I mean which would have been more powerful, Eggman holding a gun to Amy's head or him saying "sonic come to the control room before I shoot Amy's brains out!" At the start of Crazy gadget, same situation but different strengths of imagery.

Concerning SA1 and the genocide line in this game, in SA1, if you take it as what you see, all we see or know is that Chaos attacked Pachacamac and the members who attacked and then attacked the tribe out if anger until Tikal sealed him, he didn't go hunting purposely for echidnas. However the genocide line makes it clear that someone (most likely Eggman in this context) was actively hunting down a species/race to kill.

The next thing is the many lines referencing death, this is from a series where death is usually avoided (unless needed for story 06 and SA2) in Station square when Chaos attacks no deaths are mentioned even though there probably were some and in ShtH they even pull the bullshit "everyone was evacuated to a safe zone" when Central City was destroyed and when Shadow goes all out to destroy the escape capsule the president just limps away. Even Eggman won't (usually) say he's going to kill sonic, he will allude to it the way a cartoon villain would, or just that he is going to beat hom e.g. "I'll squish you sonic".

There is also the line about "deaths sweet embrace" or something along those lines, which alludes to suicide, a very touchy subject and one that has only been in the series once (Black Knight) which was a spinoff so wasn't in the big scope of the series, a line referencing or at least alluding to suicide in the main series cannon is pretty big as I said because it is quite a touchy subject for a lot of people.

BRING ON THE HARSH WORDS OF DEATH AND QUESTIONABLE SERIOUS / HUMORS DIALOGUE!!!! THEY CAN MEET THE IMAGERY!!!!! the sonic series has referenced alot of things in the past but not said them straight out, made you think about it. as for death.....  MORE EXPENDABLES

I think everyone's blowing this out of proprtion. I don't really find any of that dialogue to be THAT dark.

That dialogue doesn't seem that dark to me and it's nice to know that The Deadly Six isn't very childish like people thought they're going to be and can end up being a real threat to Sonic and co.

I think everyone's blowing this out of proprtion. I don't really find any of that dialogue to be THAT dark.

if your talking about the quotes, i agree

if your talking about my  dark little deal, that's my future hope for sonic storylines