Awoo.

Characters In Other Stages (SA2B)

Guest -FourKaySix-

Guest Sanic4K6
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I have Action Replay Max, I use my capture card to record the videos, If you have a request PM me on youtube, Heres the link to view them : www.youtube.com/sonic4k6 - Just look through my videos and enjoy! More and MORE coming up.

Edited by Sanic4K6
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden

Wow after watching those videos I have a huge urge to go back and play SA2B.

Hidden

Christ, that's some abysmal quality...

I fiddled with this myself years back, and while it's amusing, I always found it more interesting to do it in SADX, as you could do a lot without any sort of cheat device. I think it's always more exciting when you can defy the designer's intentions while still playing inside their rules...

Hidden

Yeah, dude, it was hackers within the Sonic community that made these codes a few years ago. They made plenty of top-notch videos with their capture cards. But seeing as you're at it, you might want to take Shadow over to Pyramid Cave and collect the Bounce Bracelet- it will actually work. I think other upgrades within the character types work as well.

Hidden

>.> That wasn't a request. I've seen such videos numerous times, it was just something I thought you might like to try out. People have made these videos in the past with perfect quality.

Hidden

Ahhh so you need AR Max to play as different characters in stages? D= I think I don't have that one... *checks*

No wait, I do! But I don't think they have the codes for the right region. I probably typed in the US codes. Where can I possibly find the European ones.. .w. Oh what matters, I don't think my AR works anyway. It keeps getting disc errors. Which is a damn shame 'cos I wouldn't have minded playing Knuckles in City Escape or something.

Hidden

I just have a regular Action Replay (PAL), and I added all the codes manually.

My only problem is the lack of a Goal Ring code, it makes Knuckles, Rouge, Tikal and Chaos bug up if you wanna play speed stages with them because there are no Emeralds to find :(

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I wish my Action Replay still worked. >_>

That was one of my favorite things to do with AR was screwing around with games, and Sonic Adventure 2 was no exception. With some experimentation you could do some amazing things, including if you did these cheats in multiplayer you could make any stage in the game co-op (with varying roles of being extremely glitchy to working surprisingly well). For some reason highlights for me was discovering that Metal Sonic's shield attack in multiplayer can make King Boom Boo come out from under the ground in stead of digging in the boss battle, gliding completely over City Escape as Knuckles to the goal (which unfortunately he could not use, but getting there was still pretty cool), and various other stupid but fun things. Mechless Tails and Eggman was also win. I wish the 2-player co-op Chao Garden wasn't so glitchy though. =/

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sanic4K6
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Sorry for the double post, I clicked edit a few times on my other post and nothing happened -_-' Anyway I plan on doing videos for every charecter Except dark chao walker since I can't find the code, Theres also a sound problem with my capture card, The sound lags and theres a buzzing sound, It cost 10 bucks anyway,

Edited by Sanic4K6
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I did this some time ago. To me, it feels a lot more limited in Sonic Adventure 2, than Sonic Adventure DX, for example, you can't play as Dark Chao Walker, cause the game crashes due to the character not having a life icon (?), you have to have other cheats active to even explore anything sometimes, and most of the time, you can't play as running characters in shooting levels, as it creates an insta-crash and most of the treasure hunting characters can't explore a level fully, due to some weird prevention of stopping them going further at a certain point.

While with SADX, all you really need is the moon jump, that's about it.

Edited by Mizuchi
Hidden

you can't play as Dark Chao Walker, cause the game crashes due to the character not having a life icon (?)

Thats probably due to it being the only SA2B character who wasn't in the original SA2, DC Walker took Big's place. Ahh, I used to have some great times fucking around with SA2B and an AR MAX, I do believe in multiplayer if you use the Test Map its possible to play as characters from completely seperate classes at the same time, Eggman blasting the shit out of Tikal was always quite amusing.

Guest Sanic4K6
Hidden

I'm going to upload a video of the Test Level sometime tommorow or tonight, New videos are uploading and new are uploaded! Check em out.

Hidden

I did this some time ago. To me, it feels a lot more limited in Sonic Adventure 2, than Sonic Adventure DX, for example, you can't play as Dark Chao Walker, cause the game crashes due to the character not having a life icon (?), you have to have other cheats active to even explore anything sometimes, and most of the time, you can't play as running characters in shooting levels, as it creates an insta-crash and most of the treasure hunting characters can't explore a level fully, due to some weird prevention of stopping them going further at a certain point.

While with SADX, all you really need is the moon jump, that's about it.

You actually can play with Dark Chao Walker.

I have the code on my AR card, but it's at home. If someone doesn't post it, I will next time I log on

Hidden

Mechless Eggman is win.

i did one too!:

god i remember when sonic cult released those codes i was soo happy that day. i wanted to do allot more but my AR broke and since wii cant do AR's anymore i didnt consider buying a new one plus my capture card decided to take a shit.

I miss those days :(.