Awoo.

The Simpsons Discussion Thread

Danj86

• 2 months later...

See the new episode tonight?

Dealt with the issues of movie and internet piracy. Pirate Bay was refferenced! tongue.png

To me, The Simpsons isn't as funny as it used to be, but having been going for so long and trying to keep everything fresh is always going to be a challenge. Family Guy and American Dad are beginning to find that out now having been going for 5/10 years. I really enjoyed the film and maybe another one would be a great idea but we shall see. 

2414061-simpsons.jpg

Beloved animated TV show The Simpsons, one of the longest running series in history, is getting its own line of Lego toys, according to a new report.

Eurobrick member Carlos S has posted an image of the 2523-piece playset, which will reportedly feature the iconic Simpson home at 742 Evergreen Terrace, as well as minifigures for main characters Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, and Ned Flanders.

If the Simpsons Lego toy set is indeed real, a video game adaptation may not be far behind. The Danish toy maker has a history of pairing its physical toy sets with game adaptations, as it has done with popular franchises like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

The Lego Group senior development manager Darryl Kelley told GameSpot in October 2012 that part of the success of Lego video games comes from Lego's ability to cross-promote with the corresponding physical toy set.

"We've learned from the past that we need support to make sure that every game is supported from a core theme that we have physically available to our consumers," Kelley said at the time.

Though most of the biggest entertainment franchises have already been spun into Lego video games (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean), Kelley said there still exists a "great opportunity" for more games based on major franchises. This would potentially include The Simpsons.

The Simpsons series writer Al Jean addressed the possibility of a new Simpsons game in August 2013, saying, "We've talked about it. I think there will be."

Lego series game developer Traveller's Tales is currently working on a Lego: The Hobbit, due out sometime in 2014. The Simpsons franchise is already proving popular for Electronic Arts, as mobile game The Simpsons: Tapped Out recently surpassed $100 million in lifetime revenue.

The most recent new Simpsons title for consoles was 2007's The Simpsons Game, in which the Simpsons family discovers they have been licensed for a video game.

This is interesting, can't say I particularly care for Lego these days but it's cool to see more things being reimagined in block form.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I heard about that, it will apparently be £180 with a May release. There will also be a Simpsons collectable minifigure line.

We need a regular Simpsons game (not LEGO) with gameplay akin to Hit and Run. By the way, was The Simpsons Game any good?

I heard about that, it will apparently be £180 with a May release. There will also be a Simpsons collectable minifigure line.

We need a regular Simpsons game (not LEGO) with gameplay akin to Hit and Run. By the way, was The Simpsons Game any good?

The Simpsons Game is quite good, it looks very nice as the graphics are very colorful and bright, it has almost a cell-shaded look. The gameplay is okay I went into the game expecting it to play similar to Hit and Run and it doesn't which is unfortunate. All of the characters have special abilities though and the game has a funny story.

Also, don't bother with the DS version, it has a cool Homer mini game thing but it plays completely differently and so does the Wii version.

While I am aware of the decline of quality as of late, The Simpsons is, has been, and most likely will always be my favorite TV show and cartoon of all time.

Im currently addicted to the Tapped Out app.

Bump.

Wow, liked this weeks of the Simpsons too. god damn did they get a new writer or something? this is twice in a row now.

Also, did they use a Hatsune Miku song for that montage?!

Apparently the latest season has been very good in contrast to the previous ones. Is this true?

Also, there's a LEGO Simpsons episode airing in May apparently.

Apparently the latest season has been very good in contrast to the previous ones. Is this true?

Also, there's a LEGO Simpsons episode airing in May apparently.

I've been hearing some praises as well. I have to admit, I did like the nod towards Miyazaki in this week's episode and last week's episode about piracy had some funny bits. If this season is turning out to be good, then it's a welcome change.

• 2 weeks later...

I...really find it hard to give a damn about the "A character is going to die" deal because the show is already dead to me and it just comes-off as a shameless ploy to grab attention and/or ratings. And what character in this mindless zombie of a tv show isn't a flanderized mess of what they used to be anyway?

• Thumbs Up 5

I...really find it hard to give a damn about the "A character is going to die" deal because the show is already dead to me and it just comes-off as a shameless ploy to grab attention and/or ratings. And what character in this mindless zombie of a tv show isn't a flanderized mess of what they used to be anyway?

I heard that the show has gotten funnier but I agree deaths in any type of media are completely pointless. After the stunt family guy pulled a few weeks ago I just don't care anymore

deaths in any type of media are completely pointless.

How does this make sense in the slightest?

So remember that LEGO Simpsons house set that was leaked? Yeah, it's out now. It's exclusive to LEGO Shop at Home, or in LEGO Brand Stores.

For £180/$200/€200.

Trying to decide between getting that or Metal Beards Pirate Ship from The LEGO Movie.

• 3 months later...

Trailer for the LEGO episode, "Brick Like Me";

http://youtu.be/Pz9x2bcTYqE

This is apparently the 25th anniversary episode too, so it's special for two reasons. There is also a LEGO Simpsons minifigure series out now to tie in with the episode.

"The Simpsons LEGO Spectacular"

Translation: 30 minute commercial for LEGO Simpsons products.

Ack, I've become detached from this series. I just watch episodes from the 1990ies seasons whenever I get the chance and when I'm really really bored.

Can't think of a #1 favourite episode from that time, ATM. I can only say that there's a lot of good ones to choose from that era.

"The Simpsons LEGO Spectacular"

Translation: 30 minute commercial for LEGO Simpsons products.

It won't be a product commercial. What happened was, LEGO wanted to do a couch gag, but Fox wanted to go further and do a special episode. The Simpsons house set was made because LEGO wanted to make the house since it was iconic.

• 2 weeks later...

I know who is dying it is Bart a future episode is called Simpsorama the last update I heard was that Bender had to kill Bart because he would do something that would ruin the future

Is it just me or does the LEGO episode look horrible? The CGI is terrible...I was really hoping this was going to be stop motion, not too annoyed that it's not but it just looks...ugly. Also, if this is intended to tie-in with the Lego set, why aren't the characters the same as their physical lego counterparts which, in my opinion at least, look a lot better....

I thought that Brick Like Me was a very good epsiode, and it really felt like something from classic Simpsons (the idea, not the cgi). I do agree though that the normal LEGO heads looked strange, I prefer the moulded heads from the house set and the Minifigure series.

10256806_654429324650094_491576507153026

Ralph is probably my favourite. He even has his valentine's card from Lisa.

10273505_654429367983423_183644631284312

• Thumbs Up 3

10256806_654429324650094_491576507153026

...You know, I didn't mind the look of the characters in Brick Like Me, but something more like those would've been way better. Oh well. It was a fun episode.

What I found surprisingly interesting was the "world without permanent harm for

anyone" angle as the reason for the entire fantasy world in the first place. It made sense, especially for Homer. Say what you will about the jerkass Homer era (which thankfully they moved on from, from what I've seen anyway), but he means well.

Homer has actually been a lot less annoying recently. Especially in Brick Like Me, where he acted more in line with what he was in the classic episodes.

By the way, wasn't there a news report last year that they were considering not renewing The Simpsons or cutting some of the funding, or am I dreaming things? If I'm not, then that could be why Season 25 has been a step up, maybe the writers got a kick up the arse or something.