Awoo.

The Simpsons Discussion Thread

Danj86

By the way, wasn't there a news report last year that they were considering not renewing The Simpsons or cutting some of the funding, or am I dreaming things? If I'm not, then that could be why Season 25 has been a step up, maybe the writers got a kick up the arse or something.

That was last year, the actors weren't too happy with the money Fox was going to give them but they managed to reach an arrangement.

• 1 year later...

tumblr_inline_nkz1tsIr4w1s6ip7t.gif

Excuse my over reaction but this is RIDICULOUS.

First Crabappel, Now Burns, Smithers, Otto, the Principal, Flanders and several other characters are GONE. Now we'll never hear Mr.Burns' "Excellent" ever again.

HOW COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE?!?!

They'll probably just get new actor(s). Can't see the characters being retired (that is, put on a bus), at least not all of them, and I doubt any of 'em will be outright killed off either.

They'll probably just get new actor(s). Can't see the characters being retired (that is, put on a bus), at least not all of them, and I doubt any of 'em will be outright killed off either.

I dunno, I'm low about that. I wouldn't like the character with a not so good voice actor.

It wouldn't be so bad if they could at least give them a good send-off, but it sounds like that might not be on the cards.  I wonder if the fallout will be reflected in the show, or if those characters will just be quietly ignored from now on.

Bloody hell, that's a lot of major characters he voiced too! o__o Surely they'll just replace Shearer with a sound alike instead of booting Mr Burns etc from the show?

• Thumbs Up 1

Given that it's Mr. Burns, it wouldn't be that surprising for him to have a voicebox transplant, or something along those lines.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since this is them leaving the show rather than the actor dying, I don't think there's anything ethically wrong with just replacing the voice actors but... yeah they'd need to be PERFECT sound alikes.  Really sad news either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering how long The Simpsons has been running for and how famous Mr Burns and Flanders' voices are, I doubt they'll have any trouble finding suitable replacements. The absolute worst thing they could do a search axe any of the important characters.

I'm just counting down the minutes when Fox announces Harry Sheaver's replacement(s) and renew the show for an additional 15 seasons to be stretched out for the next 30 years.

So this means they're losing:

-Mr. Burns

-Smithers

-Flanders

-Reverend Lovejoy

-Kent Brockman

-Dr. Hibbert

-Lenny

-Principal Skinner

-Otto

-Rainier Wolfcastle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68jQjPCDtU

• Thumbs Up 4

...What's up with all these crossovers that The Simpsons are doing? Before you know it we'll get a crossover with Bob's Burgers next!

I'm just counting down the minutes when Fox announces Harry Sheaver's replacement(s) and renew the show for an additional 15 seasons to be stretched out for the next 30 years.

Again Gabe, they just announced that the show got renewed for 2 more years and they only do renewals in 2-4 year intervals.

sAdpKmY.jpg

what

Fucking what?!

Jeez the relationship between [AS] and FOX is getting stronger. it may be the first non-FOX owned channel to get simpsons reairings if it gets any stronger.

Well that was a quick decision from FOX, I guess it was too hard to explain out 8+ characters being gone. hopefully the voice alikes sound good, like real good they have a huge mantle to take over.

Okay that's a good thing! Right?...

Good for us considering we won't have so see 8+ characters killed off and its sending a warning to all of the voice actors: doesn't matter how long you've been on or how famous you think you are, you're replaceable.

I'm going to be the odd man out and say I'm looking very forward to the Rick and Morty/The Simpsons crossover episode!

They got rid of Harry Shearer?!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5gtFF9fpnvk

I haven't watched The Simpsons in forever, but that's still disappointing.

Apparently Rick and Morty are only showing up for the couch gag, that's it.