Awoo.

Block User Feature Suggestions

goku262002

I notice that the Block or Ignore feature seems really lacking compared to other forums I've been to.

I like to know if these suggestions could be taken into consideration when the board gets another update.

1) When you go and ignore somebodies signature it adds that user to the block list but only for their signature. I've avoided allot of peoples sigs around here because of obnoxious lengths or too many .gifs in them but I don't think its right they should go on my block list just because I don't like their signature. if its possible for IPB to do, separate the Ignore Signature from the block user list altogether, if its possible make the ignore signature thing its own ignore sub-section. that way the block list can be free for users who I want to block out altogether.

2) have it set so when I click on the allow/block button next to that persons name that it doesn't reload the page. since the ignore signature is lumped in with the block user list ATM, I got 3 pages worth of people that are on there (though some are banned now so I gotta do some clean up). If I gotta deal with someone on page 2 every time I click on the allow/block button for a certain setting for that user, it reloads and I go back to page 1 it can get kind of annoying.

3) Allow filtering of users statuses along with hiding posts and blocking messages from them. If I really hate a member I want to forget they exist altogether and if they are constantly active they are going to use the statuses so they are always in my face since I'm a constant status user. I don't want to see these people anymore, I really don't want to see their statuses about some dumb status meme or life problem or something that may get me to speak to them and cause potential conflict. sometimes self-control and will flys out the window when you get hotheaded enough and I tend to forget that, rather just forget the person(s) exist then lose my cool.

Hope these features or something similar are possible to add-on to IPB.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 6

Totally agree with #3. Mentioned it a couple of times over the years -.- I can do without reading over used derogatory terms every time I log on.. along with peeps who do nothing but post image and youtube links >:D Don't want to turn off statuses either, usually miss something when I do. *signs petition*

#3 is something in particular that I'd like, but I doubt IP boards even allows it.

#1, I'm pretty sure you can turn signatures off.

#1, I'm pretty sure you can turn signatures off.

But I don't want to, its not like I'm against them. I like some of your sigs to be honest I just don't feel like a feature like the Ignore Signature should be lumped in with the block user list.

• 3 months later...

Well, I've recently started to use this, and yeah, while it's currently pretty well rounded, there is some room for improvement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I totally second #3. Some of the status updates from some of those I've blocked really get under my skin which is saying something for me and I'd like to have the option of outright ignoring them without having to X the status feed.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to block statuses too. I don't lose sleep over not having it, but I would like to be able to avoid statuses that hit my berserk button and make me either get frustrated about restraining myself, or end up making an ass of myself by having a session of Joker's Angry Time™!

Edited by Τhe Joker