Awoo.

Nintendo Direct - Wii U/3DS [August 7, 7AM PT/4PM CEST]

Carbo

The Dark World returns in A Link Between Worlds!

... Huh. So it's a new Link? A descendant, maybe?

lol. I'm noticing the 3 streams are focusing on different titles at different times.

So now Europe is gonna spoil us. sad.png

Edited by Autosaver

FUCKING NINTENDO! Pokemon Rumble U has Skylanders-style figures! At least they are not mandatory.

Someone got the link to the live stream? Or is it pre-recorded?

Edit: Found it.

Layton looks nice.

Luigi confirmed for Smash Bros!

Huh. The Wii U is getting an 'Animal Crossing Plaza' app.

Meanwhile on the NA stream, Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover footage.

FUCKING NINTENDO! Pokemon Rumble U has Skylanders-style figures! At least they are not mandatory.

This was confirmed like.. a year ago lol. Wasn't it obvious?

At least there's only 18.

"The HD graphics make this old game feel completely new"

Which is why we're charging $60 for it.

Is Zelda the only series with such a clusterfuck of a time line that they actually have to say where in the timeline each game takes place before it's released?

I missed the Animal crossing Plaza bit, what was it about? I only know its for the Wii U, but is it some sort of app?

Animal Crossing app for Wii U looks cool and all.

But I don't have my own 3DS yet! I want a Wii U title. PLZ NINTENDU

Well. There was really nothing worth seeing in the European livestream, just a bunch of release dates and a some new footage of Sonic Lost World. No new info on Pokemon X/Y or Super Mario 3D World, also Nintendo, releasing a 10 year old game in HD still doesn't warrant a £45 price tag.

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney is coming to Europe. Also TW101 Direct will come on 4pm this Friday.

Edited by KrazyBean

Haha, I love how they introduced AAxPL in the European stream.

"That's all we have for the European stream today-"

"OBJECTION!"

"Just kidding! Here's Layton and Wright, as last but not least."

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone catch the Sonic stuff?

@Shinru - They did that in all the streams.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love that we're getting Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton but...

Where the fuck is my Ace Attorney 5 release date?

• Thumbs Up 1

Overall, it was a good direct. Wasn't expecting anything super surprising, so this is fine with me. I was happy that I saw more on Sonic Lost World, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies and the two Zelda titles Glad to see some screens of Luigi in the new Smash Bros. I do like the new Animal Crossing Plaza though. I will boot that up as soon as I finish a few things around the house.

Also, I'm really looking forward to Art Academy: Sketchpad. I love drawing on the MiiVerse and I'm already familiar with how Art Academy works, so I'll be ready to do this on August 9th. What I'm really waiting for though, this that Art Academy Wii U title! Seriously, Art Academy is a wonderful game for anyone wants to improve their art skills or for an artist who just want to learn more. Really recommend Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! on the 3DS in the mean time.

And of course, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright... This was more of a "IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!" than a surprise for me. Glad to see that a it officially has a localization confirmation now. Can't not wait to get this!

I missed the Animal crossing Plaza bit, what was it about? I only know its for the Wii U, but is it some sort of app?

It's an app for the WaraWara Plaza on the Wii U. It allows you to share your customizations from New leaf onto the Wii U. Also, you can select your favorite character, keep updates in events in AC and the AC WIi U community

Edited by YoshiUnity the Joke Killer

*videos of Lost World*

@Shinru - They did that in all the streams.

Dude, this isn't a Lost World thread. Spoiler tags.