Awoo.

Nintendo Direct - Wii U/3DS [August 7, 7AM PT/4PM CEST]

Carbo

"The HD graphics make this old game feel completely new"

Which is why we're charging $60 for it.

Is Zelda the only series with such a clusterfuck of a time line that they actually have to say where in the timeline each game takes place before it's released?

I believe this is the first time they've done that sort of thing, and honestly it is probably because of the Hyrule Historia release and fans clamoring for what the definitive timeline is.

It wasn't so much a clusterfuck as it was us not knowing the timeline in the first place. They really never explained it before.

Is Zelda the only series with such a clusterfuck of a time line that they actually have to say where in the timeline each game takes place before it's released?

Or maybe it's because they're simply telling the less aware fans that this game is the prequel to Phantom Hourglass, which they're more likely to be familiar with. ALBW is an entirely new game on the other hand, and one of the first things people ask is "where does it come in the timeline"? So this just explains that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, I love how they introduced AAxPL in the European stream.

"That's all we have for the European stream today-"

"OBJECTION!"

"Just kidding! Here's Layton and Wright, as last but not least."

With Satoru Shibata cosplaying as Phoenix Wright, no less.

I'm a little disappointed that there was no release date given for Shin Megami Tensei IV in Europe, though.  I hope it doesn't slip way back like Etrian Odyssey IV did.

Dude, this isn't a Lost World thread. Spoiler tags.

It was posted because someone asked about the videos. It was included in the Nintendo Direct so I don't see why it can't be posted. It's as relevant as a Lost World topic.

Anyways, yeah. The Zelda timeline isn't really that important. Each game can be played before seperately and I'm pretty sure there's just loose connections between a majority of them. You won't be required to play x game before y game or understand z game to get a grasp of b game.

It was posted because someone asked about the videos. It was included in the Nintendo Direct so I don't see why it can't be posted. It's as relevant as a Lost World topic.

I just mean that it should go in spoiler tags. I'm avoiding all the Lost World info, and as this isn't the sub-forum new stuff for the game should go in tags just in case. It's not like it takes any extra effort just to keep bits hidden.

Edited by Blue Blood