Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

I love it, completely and utterly. It really feels like a battle should: completely and utterly chaotic. We're so used to battles ultimately being one-on-one we don't usually see war scenes in Sonic games; I think the closest thing we've seen was Westopolis all those years ago. And while Sonic's doing his best to fight the Horde it's setting the stage he can't take them all alone, as not only are there too many but his friends are in danger as well; it looks like Tails nearly got a concussion there.

As was said in another thread, however, they probably could have altered the music/coloring a bit. The scene is serious and all, but it kind of clashes with the setting. It's like a dark comedy in evoking, "Do I take this seriously or not...?"

• Thumbs Up 2

Right now, I have no more paranoia of them Half-Assing this storyline like they did with Generations. Can't wait till October!

Pac-Man makes a pretty fair point... Eggman's badniks have never turned against him en masse before. Even in Heroes, that was probably because they thought Metal Sonic was Eggman. For once, Eggman has absolutely zero plans to resort to - all his armies, all his facilities to produce them, every weapon he's ever built - have been taken away from him in a scale Sonic never accomplished. Normally, Sonic wrecks stuff, but Eggman has bases and factories all over the world to fall back on. He is now just a fat man floating about with two annoying robotic helpers.. and even his Egg-O-Matic is taken from him. Even his mustache for God's sake!

Overall... I'm eager to see the potential for character development here, and I hope it's not squandered.

I agree. I was just expecting Eggman to begrudgingly acknowledge their power and contact Sonic for help, but from the looks of this, he's left with no other choice. Eggman's reaction to all of this should be interesting

Right now, I have no more paranoia of them Half-Assing this storyline like they did with Generations. Can't wait till October!

I worry a little since it is Pontac and Graff writing the English dub for it and all... That said, I'd love to hear how this sounds in English though, since I'm pretty sure that was Kirk Thornton voicing the leader of the Deadly Six (I assume he's the one that says "Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you accept that? Lie down and die!").

So glad to see Orbot and Cubot back though, and if this is how the game opens, it should be pretty exciting. I recall nostalgia hype-man Aaron Webber mentioned something about Knuckles and maybe Amy showing up, but I wonder if that's still going to hold true in the final game. It would certainly be nice to see some other SEGA cast members get a little bit of spotlight again, even if it's just in the story.

I agree. I was just expecting Eggman to begrudgingly acknowledge their power and contact Sonic for help, but from the looks of this, he's left with no other choice. Eggman's reaction to all of this should be interesting

I'm also getting the feeling it will somehow be established Sonic can't fight them on his own either, thus necessitating an alliance... otherwise there'd be no real purpose in joining forces with Eggman.

Orobt and Cubot are back!? 8D Sweetness! Those dude where FUN in Colours!

Also, Eggman's pod getting wrecked is a nice touch. (Even SONIC HIMSELF doesn't go that far!)

I wonder if the Deadly Six is still a one-shot villain group, or if they'll be recurring villains?

So glad to see Orbot and Cubot back though, and if this is how the game opens, it should be pretty exciting. I recall nostalgia hype-man Aaron Webber mentioned something about Knuckles and maybe Amy showing up, but I wonder if that's still going to hold true in the final game. It would certainly be nice to see some other SEGA cast members get a little bit of spotlight again, even if it's just in the story.

I don't remember where, I think in a magazine, someone stated where Shadow and Knuckles where originally going to be in Unleashed... and as we all know, that didn't happen.

I wonder if the Deadly Six is still a one-shot villain group, or if they'll be recurring villains?

One shots, presumably. I don't see a reason why they'd fit in any future ga-

*looks at the Wisps in this*

I stand corrected. Being forced in if you're popular enough is apparently company policy.

Maybe we will see them again if they have enough of a warm reception? We got the Wisps and Shadow...

I don't remember where, I think in a magazine, someone stated where Shadow and Knuckles where originally going to be in Unleashed... and as we all know, that didn't happen.

Oh yeah, I do remember that. I think it was the previous brand manager, Ken Ballough when he was demoing Unleashed after it was announced. Shame, really. Knuckles and/or Shadow battling Werehog Sonic would've been something!

Oh well, guess I shouldn't hold my breath hoping for other characters to start getting any spotlight again any time soon (if ever) in the games. Personally, I kinda blame the fans that complained about Sonic's "shitty friends" when it's about HOW they are used, not that they are used at all.

Edited by Zaysho

Now THIS is the kind of cutscene i've been waiting for. I mean, what do I see here?

The badniks going from ineffective mooks to a compitent badass army. The Deadly Six basically being psychic and commanding said army, 

There is complete and utter chaos, complete with lasers and explosions.

Sonic is doing what he does best like a boss.

... I still have my worries for how Knux and Amy are going to fit, and that Tails didn't get to fight, but I think I can put my hopes up a little bit more.

Those feels when the 3DS version will most likely be speech bubbles.

I really hope not, I want these awesome cut scenes instead. XD

I actually really like this cutscene. It's really got that action packed feel to it, as well as the fact that you actually feel SORRY for Eggman seeing as he's 100% defenceless and all of his weapons that he's been proud of are now gone. It just makes me more excited to see "the new side of Eggman" that Aaron Webber mentioned in his interview.

The only thing I'm wondering though is where the heck are Knuckles and Amy?

Considering how Colors DS handled it, I'm almost certain they're in the 3DS version.

....Anyone else annoyed by how incompetent Tails has become since Unleashed; ten years ago he's side by side with Sonic on the battlefield and now he cowers whenever there's any sort of immediate threat. Its just....why. Its so depressing to see once great characters degraded like this.

• Thumbs Up 6

I honesty don't see the problem, Tails has more to offer as a character than just his fightig skills. "Degraded" is a huge stretch imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honesty don't see the problem, Tails has more to offer as a character than just his fightig skills. "Degraded" is a huge stretch imo.

But imagine how cool it would be to see his fighting skills plus all the other stuff he offers as a character?

• Thumbs Up 5

It's probably going to be animated character models with speech bubbles; just like Generations 3DS.

Considering how Colors DS handled it, I'm almost certain they're in the 3DS version.

....Anyone else annoyed by how incompetent Tails has become since Unleashed; ten years ago he's side by side with Sonic on the battlefield and now he cowers whenever there's any sort of immediate threat. Its just....why. Its so depressing to see once great characters degraded like this.

Yeah, it's kinda annoying to see Tails always hug the sidelines to just be Sonic's go-to Tech guy. He doesn't really seem like Sonic's sidekick now because of that, imo, and is more or less just a tag-along kid. As much hate as people give it, Sonic 4 Ep. II actually had Tails be a part of the action, even if he's just an assist for Sonic in that game.

Edited by Tomoki

The problem is it makes him seem less like a sidekick and more like a tagalong whom Sonic has to look after. And I'm not talking about his personality, I'm talking about his skillset and competence level. And if there's more his character can offer, they sure as hell aren't showing it.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yay! Orbot and Cubot are back!

...wait...how? Ah, who cares...

Yay! Orbot and Cubot are back!

...wait...how? Ah, who cares...

We'll get a 2-second hand-wave explanation and we'll like it. 

Just kidding around, but in all seriousness that's what we'll probably get.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, to be fair, they were in space instead of a different dimension. So they could've just made a long ass trek back to the planet.

How is he the tag along when the very first screenshot we got of this game was him flying Sonic to Lost World in the first place? He's the one who comes up with the general plans and such, and today we've found out that he has his own workshop where he builds gadgets to help Sonic. So yes "tagalong kid" doesn't make much sense to me either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, to be fair, they were in space instead of a different dimension. So they could've just made a long ass trek back to the planet.

Yeah they could.

Or...........

What if it's not the original Orbot and Cubot and Eggman just built two more of them? They could even have pretty much the same memories, Eggman could have had backups of their memories just before he went to fight Sonic in Colours, so they remember everything except being in space. 

Edited by Chaos Warp