Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

There is no doubt that Eggman and Tails have grown as a character, but the fact remains even in his older outings, Sonic was far from perfect, his arrogance and act before thinking impulses landed him in trouble on many occasions, he just wasn't particularly mouthy compared to his current persona, I do love where they're going with Eggman's character but not so much Tails, it's almost like a role reversal in Sonic & Tail's case where Sonic has become the kid and Tails the maturer adult with the snark, where as Sonic has become all "WHO ORDERED A CLOBBERING?" or "YEAH I'M STRETCHING, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?" just like I said feels tarnishing to his character, I'm all for Sonic being more notably flawed but changing him up to be like he was in Colours is far from what I see Sonic as a character being, I guess a large margin of my lesser comfort with Sonic's modern character is also down to Roger's voice for Sonic, just as I was getting used to Griffith's much better performances they change him for something completely different in tone and accent, it feels...Disjointed and for me, Roger's voice is grating as fuck for Sonic.

I'm not going to complain about voice actors though, but it is partially why I can't connect with Sonic's character portrayal in Colours and one of the many reasons why I hate it, I just hope SLW execute their performances much better otherwise I'll permanently be setting audio to Japanese with English subs, which I really don't want to do.

Speaking of Sonic's drastic change of character, I hope when they eventually re-introduce Knuckles into the series, he changes to much more likeable character, instead of the practical fool SEGA branded him with after Heroes, and in some cases during SA/SA2. 

We don't know exactly what Sonic is going to be like in this game.

We already know he fucked up by kicking the "Shell of doom" out of Eggman's hand and apparently into space. That is good, because that implies there are consequences to Sonic's attitude. Even if Sonic was over-the-top dork in Colours, every game before that, aside from Black Knight, had him be too good, and too nice. The cockiness he was supposed to have, never really existed a part from a few scenes and that attitude never really had any impact on very much of anything aside from perhaps making him look "cool".

• Thumbs Up 4

Nope. Ken Pontac has confirmed in the TSS comments last night that Lost World is the first story they've been asked to come up with. Colours' and Generations' stories were already in place.

Here are the four comments:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/08/ken-pontac-on-lost-worlds-story/

I really do wanna see how this will affect the game's story. I mean, Colors and Generations were obviously made out of a desire to earn back some goodwill to the franchise after Shadow, '06, and Unleashed, so maybe they'll actually be more daring with the story this time around.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well at this point we're just arguing which version of Sonic is the "best" one, when there really is no "best" one to note. I do admit, Sonic seemed a lot more balanced in terms of personality back in the Adventure era days(&Unleashed, and the storybook games), but that didn't necessarily make him a better or interesting character.

I grew up with Sonic Adventure era Sonic as well, and I don't really find any real problems with his current portrayal...aside from his lines anyway, his personality is cool, lines need some work. I guess this what happens when Sega can't keep a consistent personality.

EDIT: Haaah, voice actor jokes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4udcAYbZPQ

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

I really do wanna see how this will affect the game's story. I mean, Colors and Generations were obviously made out of a desire to earn back some goodwill to the franchise after Shadow, '06, and Unleashed, so maybe they'll actually be more daring with the story this time around.

Unleashed isn't something they wanted to earn goodwill back from. It's mixed reception is something that started the flow of goodwill if anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

This isn't exactly related, but I hope we get a really awesome CGI intro, similar to Sonic Colors, showcasing various cutsscenes and events in the game, but in CGI. Generations really missed out by not including that. They seriously could have just taken a bunch of the CGI pre release cutscenes for that game and edit it together with a kick ass song. Hopefully if there is a pre title screen intro, it'll be accompanied by a kick ass vocal song.

Unleashed isn't something they wanted to earn goodwill back from. It's mixed reception is something that started the flow of goodwill if anything.

He didn't include Unleashed as a game to earn goodwill back...

That cut scene.... well its definitely the first time Sonic goofed and jumped to conclusions. But I felt it displayed his cocky, yet impatient personality. Being too used to thinking anything Eggman is doing is no good, he obviously didn't analyze the situation properly. Although what Egg man's cause is undeniably not good-- Sonic's actions made trouble get started much faster. As for Tails... I wouldn't judge him by his portrayal-- but he knew right away that jumping in right away was a bad idea. And I'm liking the more snarky side of him. He has to be getting tired of Sonic always acting first without thinking. Or when Sonic ignores him. (Right before Sky Deck, Tails stated that annoyance as if Sonic has disregarded his comments before). And to see Eggman showing concern of his safety and ability to control a situation... can't wait to see what the rest of the story will be like.

I can't believe I have yet to comment in this topic yet.

I absolutely adored nearly everything about this cutscene. I especially loved how it was Sonic's own impulsiveness that caused the Deadly Six to turn on Eggman. Nice twist on the usual (read; overdone) shtick where the Dr Eggman controls a monster and it betrays him. Plus, it showcases Sonic's flaws well - you don't often see any real consequences of the hedgehog rushing into things.

There's a lot of potential for some good character development here. I do hope SEGA doesn't disappoint us.

Also, i love sarcastic Tails. <3