Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

Eggman can create them again since it's stated in unleashed with SA-55 Ergo until eggman created another robot called Orbot simillar to Ergo's design except with a different colour scheme along with cubot

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

How is he the tag along when the very first screenshot we got of this game was him flying Sonic to Lost World in the first place? He's the one who comes up with the general plans and such, and today we've found out that he has his own workshop where he builds gadgets to help Sonic. So yes "tagalong kid" doesn't make much sense to me either.

Except he hasn't come up with any plans so to speak, and we have no idea how much impact his gadgets are going to have(if any) beyond merely giving the second player a reason to play. I'm basing my assumption on this scene, and everything he's been doing since Unleashed. If you notice, he doesn't do very much, especially compared to back in the day. "Tagalong" is a very appropriate term considering its what he feels like, there's never a point where I feel Tails pulls enough of his own weight.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Methinks Tails might have put on a few pounds since his Adventure days, thus even if he wanted to help fight, he's too out of shape to do so...

Sorta related to the cutscene, but mostly not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess that explains why Sonic is fighting Eggman's badniks in Lost Hex even though he's working with Eggman now. Everything looks pretty nice and I'm thrilled to see that Orbot and Cubot are returning. I wonder if it'll be addressed that Eggman essentially abandoned them in space after he found the Time Eater...

IT would explain his more potbelly appearance since Unleashed.

Welp, looks like Eggman will be getting his successor after all.

• Thumbs Up 6

It they'll address him getting out of White Space, maybe.

Or not.

Hopefully they have a cutscene where Sonic asks that question and Eggman sticks his fingers in his ears and screams LALALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOUUUUUUU!

About time we have some Eggman action, and boy is it glorious.

To be honest, I doubt Knux would be in this, given he's not in the shown cutscene, though he would be given the circumstances. Also, Sonic could've really used Tails' help in that fight. GET UP, FATASS!

Alright, so we're part of the way here to affirming that this is based off of Sonic's X-Treme's story slowly but surely. We have the enemies that are the same colors as the Chaos Emeralds (and guessing they'll be related to the Chaos Emeralds), we have those same enemies taking over Eggman's badniks and turning them against him, and Eggman teaming up with Sonic. If Sonic is rescuing friends and if by some odd choice Metal Sonic is in this game and turns giant, we'll be set.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I just realized is that the badniks seem to be facing the Deadly Six before the aim at Sonic and Eggman. It kinda looks like the cutscene starts out with Eggman and Sonic for some reason firing at the Deadly Six BEFORE the Badniks are taken over. Perhaps Eggman and Sonic team up before this cutscene?

The 3DS version will probably be a bunch of cards with pictures of badniks on them accompanied by camera shaking and explosion sound effects

• Thumbs Up 1

holy shit, the cutscenes are full of action.

sanic actually going fast.

I liked it.

did anyone notice how fucking fast Eggman can actually run?

Something I just realized is that the badniks seem to be facing the Deadly Six before the aim at Sonic and Eggman. It kinda looks like the cutscene starts out with Eggman and Sonic for some reason firing at the Deadly Six BEFORE the Badniks are taken over. Perhaps Eggman and Sonic team up before this cutscene?

Or perhaps the Deadly Six double-cross Eggman after Sonic shows up, Eggman turns the badniks on the Six first, the Six take control of the badniks and then turn them against their creator and Sonic. I don't think Sonic and Eggman would join up that quickly. EDIT: Alternatively, Eggman is fighting with Sonic when the Six show up, and Eggman decides to take them out before going after Sonic, etc. etc.. Based on the translation InfinityAlex just posted, the Deadly Six seem to want to show that they're a serious threat to Sonic and Eggman (the leader orders the other Six to kill Eggman first).

Well, he somehow outran Sonic all the time in the Genesis games...

Edited by Zaysho

Looking over it again I'm only just now noticing the Deadly Six have what appears to be ESP when they all work together in unison. If this is just the beginnings of their supernatural capabilities... I think we might have a reason why Sonic has to work with Eggman to beat them, lest he become a mindless slave too.

...maybe the Wisps are back because they know what it's like to be mind controlled and want to keep the planet from having that fate?

Indeed.

Now, for one of those "Eggman is faster than Sonic" jokes...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Actually really well done. It does a great job of establishing why Eggman would team up with Sonic without undermining him as a villain and still making the new villains a credible threat.

15 points for Gryffindor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually really well done. It does a great job of establishing why Eggman would team up with Sonic without undermining him as a villain and still making the new villains a credible threat.

Overall, yes. It looks like he had his forces assembled, ready to unleash his ultimate strike on Sonic... and then whoosh, the rug was pulled out from underneath him. He was poised to win and then suddenly is completely powerless barring his two bumbling robots...

...actually there's a little joke there. They took over all of Eggman's robots BUT Orbot and Cubot.

Wow, this honestly looks great. Sure, the design is still ridiculous, but it's got the action you normally don't see in a Sonic cutscene. Now if only the gameplay and art style weren't disgustingly horrible...

Edited by TwiceStyle

Overall, yes. It looks like he had his forces assembled, ready to unleash his ultimate strike on Sonic... and then whoosh, the rug was pulled out from underneath him. He was poised to win and then suddenly is completely powerless barring his two bumbling robots...

...actually there's a little joke there. They took over all of Eggman's robots BUT Orbot and Cubot.

May be cause the Bot bros. have higher intelligence than your basic Badnik, same can be said for Metal Sonic. Or they got something in their programming that prevents being hijacked.

They are the most human of Eggman's bot's, kinda like Reploids of the Mega Man series. 

I wonder how they'll explain Eggman escaping the white space..that is, if they even bother to. Also, I wonder if Eggman built new Orbot and Cubots, or he got them back somehow.

Now if only the gameplay and art style weren't disgustingly horrible...

bl4.gif

I happen to think both of those aspects of Sonic Lost World are rather amazing and wonderful. Quite the opposite of disgustingly horrible, actually.

Sorry to hear you don't like it.

EDIT: Couldn't resist! :lol:

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4