Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

May be cause the Bot bros. have higher intelligence than your basic Badnik, same can be said for Metal Sonic. Or they got something in their programming that prevents being hijacked.

They are the most human of Eggman's bot's, kinda like Reploids of the Mega Man series.

Or they're just that worthless/dumb, is the joke I'm getting at.

Sort of like how in Portal 2, a logical paradox kills all of Wheatley's robots but not Wheatley himself - he's just too stupid for a paradox to work on him (double funny since he created robots technically smarter than him).

I wonder how they'll explain Eggman escaping the white space..that is, if they even bother to. Also, I wonder if Eggman built new Orbot and Cubots, or he got them back somehow.

The idea they're new copies and the others have been left to slowly die of battery loss in the depths of space is actually pretty good Fridge Horror, I think.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 1

Behold my lazy editing (the gag doesn't start until about 22 seconds in)!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 9

Behold my lazy editing (the gag doesn't start until about 22 seconds in)!

Oh wow that awesome ha ha.

My favorite part has gotta be Zazz and Zomom attacking Eggman, oh god my sides

EDIT: Just noticed the thumbnail for the video, Eggman eating sand, I love it ha ha

Edited by LordMetallix

Or they're just that worthless/dumb, is the joke I'm getting at.

Sort of like how in Portal 2, a logical paradox kills all of Wheatley's robots but not Wheatley himself - he's just too stupid for a paradox to work on him (double funny since he created robots technically smarter than him).

I see what  you're getting at actually, and that would be funny, but Orbot's "thing" is that he is smart, arguably smarter than most of Eggman's more sentient robots. He's just really, really lazy.

If only they included an imitation of that office clip somewhere in the game, if only... the short will just have to suffice, as well as this. Such a shame!

...I'm actually really eager to see what the final boss will look like with the new gameplay system, now.

Calling it now: giant high-speed projectiles being thrown at you that you actually run along the front of in order to "dodge."

But we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves!

Oh wow that awesome ha ha.

My favorite part has gotta be Zazz and Zomom attacking Eggman, oh god my sides

Thanks bro. Yeah, that's the part I'm most proud of because of a twist of luck it fit the best lol. 

EDIT: Just noticed the thumbnail for the video, Eggman eating sand, I love it ha ha

EDIT: Not intentional. Not changing it now though lol.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Aside from that one thing everyone keeps bringing up, I did enjoy this. It's great seeing action happening in a cutscene again. I think there was that one really lame scene with the Time Eater before you fought it. Other than that, I haven't really seen stuff like this since Unleashed.

And yes, I can only hope they explain how Eggman came back and how his robots came back too. The fact that Orbot and Cubot are back at all means they care somewhat about continuity at the very least...

Being one of the few people who doesn't consider Generations canon, I hope they don't bother to explain how Dr. Eggman came back at all and instead make Lost World take place directly after Colors.

Edited by ElectroKyurem

Another observation:

Cubot at the end of this cutscene has literally lost his head (or the rest of his body, not that he had much of one), so something tells me that may be a running gag for the rest of the game, in the same way that Colors had a "voice chip" gag. 

He might be reunited with the rest of his body soon after, but I think a "talking head" comedy routine may be what they're going for here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another observation:

Cubot at the end of this cutscene has literally lost his head (or the rest of his body, not that he had much of one), so something tells me that may be a running gag for the rest of the game, in the same way that Colors had a "voice chip" gag. 

He might be reunited with the rest of his body soon after, but I think a "talking head" comedy routine may be what they're going for here.

I'm imagining a "To be or not to be" gag somewhere in the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Alas, poor Cubot! I knew him, Sonic!"

1Gjq4WZYSF-8.png

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I'm wishing I had asked Iizuka where Generations sits in the canon... dang. I'll have to try next year.

I really like this idea, actually.

I'm really looking forward to whatever humor they use to contrast the darker moments, which seem more common than in prior games.

Orbot's eloquent Britishness means that this will fit all too perfectly.

Being one of the few people who doesn't consider Generations canon, I hope they don't bother to explain how Dr. Eggman came back at all and instead make Lost World take place directly after Colors.

But Generations takes place directly after Colors :\

And if Generations wasn't canon, that wouldn't be a problem.

Of course, that's not the case since it is canon and nothing suggests it isn't. Headcanons are allowed I suppose, but if Lost World makes clear Generations happened, well...we'll see.

For all we know, Sonic Team will just handwave the whole event by claiming that the Time Eater turned good again after the machine around it was destroyed, and it decided to erase the events of Generations to allow itself time to recuperate and avoid Eggman. As a result, Eggman finds Planet Hex after his defeat in Colors instead of the Time Eater's wormhole thingy.

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm, some have noted the Time Eater seems to be "struggling" in the cutscene before the battle against it, as if it was fighting Eggman's control. If it felt gracious for the Sonics freeing it from Eggman, well...that would actually make sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish we could just jump from Colors to Lost World.

seriously, except from Sonic meeting an older version of himself, learning to homming attack with himself from the future, and you got disssssawnik nothing remarkable even happens in that game.

and the game undoes itself in the end as the time travel prevents it from happening (tfw '06).

meaning the plot is essentially "sonic got a birthday party with his friends, and Shadow and Silver poped out of nowhere for no reason, still he doesn't age"

can we please, pretty please, just skip Generations?

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having Generations being non-canon would mend quite a few plotholes now that I think of it like how Sonic doesn't seem to remember /anything/ about meeting himself in the future--past-- Whatever! About meeting himself. Nor remembering all the zones he visited before, well, he actually did.

Then again Generations DID have quite some stuff cut due to time constraints (or something like that) so yeah. But either way, must say that Lost World is looking pretty sweet, and I'm liking the story so far.

Or what I can understand at least anyway.

- vinyl scratch 

• Thumbs Up 1

Soooo when did a Buzzbomber become so damn strong? 

When it got tired of people calling it too cute to be threatening.

Same applies to the other badniks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm always surprised to see people think the Sonic timeline actually matters.  Continuity has been practically irrelevant and barely mentioned since 2006.

Sonic probably says some cringe worthy things in the American script.

Sonic: "C'mon Tails, we're getting out of here we need to think of some nicknames for these dudes!"
Hurt Tails: "Working on it right now, Sonic.

Hope he doesn't, hell, I'm still curious to find all the differences between the American and Japanese script in Sonic Colors.

Edited by Alice Twilight

I hope you people don't make the mistake of assuming that every single cutscene in the game will be this action-packed, because that's only setting you up for disappointment.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who was asking for every cutscene in the game to have action? If anything, I'd want them to save it for moments that require it rather than having action in a bunch of cutscenes just for the sake of it. Makes it more special when shit does go down.

• Thumbs Up 1