Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

Normally, time travel is never truly erased; you still remember the events of such but cannot actively recall. Elise still thought Sonic's presence was familiar, even though she had not met him. So Sonic would still have learned the Homing Attack from his future self but would not remember his future self. It's strange like that, it's something subconscious; for all we know hearing voices in your head isn't a sign of insanity but temporarily leaping into other timelines or dimensions.

Furthermore, Eggman would still be stranded in space at the end of Colors. Though I suppose he could have found the Lost World through his travels somehow and the Wisps are also alerted by this journey in some manner.

I'm just hoping it does give a nod to some form of canon, whether voiding Generations, being after Generations, or establishing Generations and Lost World as alternate timelines from the same event.

I'm imagining a "To be or not to be" gag somewhere in the story.

*holding Cubot's Head*"To be or not to be, I don't really care either way as I long for Death's cold Embrace..." - Zor

Now that I think about it, I hope there's some Pepe Le Pew shit with Zor and Amy, if that's honestly the way Zor's personality will turn out that is.

I'm now imagining him with a full on burly French man accent Haha.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic probably says some cringe worthy things in the American script.

Sonic: "C'mon Tails, we're getting out of here we need to think of some nicknames for these dudes!"

Hurt Tails: "Working on it right now, Sonic.

Hope he doesn't, hell, I'm still curious to find all the differences between the American and Japanese script in Sonic Colors.

Most likely not especially how so out of place that line is for that scene (Tails is hurt and all Sonic is concern about is coming up with nicknames? wtf??).

Edited by sonfan1984

Uh...no.

We didn't skip ShTH despite it fracturing the fandom and making a mess in its additions to Shadow's background, we didn't skip Sonic 06 despite everything resetting itself given that it was too horrible to ignore, and we're not going to skip Generations especially given that despite it's wasted potential it is one of the few main and recent titles to actually have decent reception - nevermind that it references the events directly from Colors and it doesn't even reset itself the same way Sonic 06 does.

So no.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with skipping Generations. Not only is it the only game that relies entirely on being an anniversary title (as opposed to SA2 and NextGen, which didn't rely on it at all), but it has so many plot holes that it really makes more sense to just skip it.

So yes, we can skip Generations without any trouble at all.

Is this really going to boil to a "Generations was crap at continuity and I didn't like it therefore it shouldn't be canon!' thing?

Is this really going to boil to a "Generations was crap at continuity and I didn't like it therefore it shouldn't be canon!' thing?

And that's a problem? Not saying it was a bad game (not at all even!) but just that it doesn't really work in the canon at all. Might as well disclude it as some thing that happened in a weird alternate timeline. :v

I see no problems in skipping Generations for folks who wished to. Ain't a big deal at all.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I just don't see why the canon of Sonic is such a big deal when the series has never taken continuity too seriously before? Like, there were already inconsistencies in the past (like the moon). You could just as easily assume there's a split-timeline after Generations.

Not that I don't mind if they did just hand-wave and not reference Gens at all, I just get annoyed when people imply 'this isn't canon cause it made no sense and it shouldn't be canon!'

But I'm not signaling anyone out here and I may have gotten a little pretentious, so carry on.

Edited by DarkLight

Aside from the entire 06 and Blaze thing, I can't see many plotholes that Generations has, that couldn't be easily explained. I honestly wouldn't mind this game taking place after Generations and having them reference that title.

• Thumbs Up 1

What fans don't know is that there's actually a secret third split timeline - one where Shadow lives, and the other where he dies

I'm just hoping it does give a nod to some form of canon, whether voiding Generations, being after Generations, or establishing Generations and Lost World as alternate timelines from the same event.

Now come on, this isn't a Zelda game Ogilvie!

What fans don't know is that there's actually a secret third split timeline - one where Shadow lives, and the other where he dies

There could be a fourth, too:

The portable timeline.

The events of Colors and Generations are a bit different in their portable counterparts (i.e. Meeting almost every one of Sonic's friends in the DS version of Colors, while the Wii version is completely empty except for Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Orbot, Cubot, and the Wisps. Granted, all the extra characters in the DS version were intended to lengthen the game with missions, but still. Also, Sonic is early to his party in the 3DS version of Generations and only Sonic, Tails, and Eggman get sent to White Space, and none of his other friends get sent there, which is pretty much the opposite of the whole Colors console/portable story situation, it's kinda switched around here.)

Edited by GuywithPie3376

Tomoki, are you still working on a final translation? like to know what was really said.

Just got home from work, I'll see what I can do. My Japanese isn't the best, but I'll try my best to provide a better translation for you guys.

Are you telling me that "Kill the fat man" isn't what they said?

Dammit D:

I guess we can put away the batman reference

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Dammit D:

Sorry guys, I misheard what they were saying yesterday due to using my speakers instead of headphones and being in the middle of getting ready for work. I wish they said that too, it would've been hilarious. D:

Dammit D:

stewie-griffin.gif

If anyone shall be killing the fat man, it shall be this man and this man alone.

• Thumbs Up 4

So happy to see Eggman finally! And Orbot and Cubot as well! I'm very hyped for the cutscenes in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

One think that kinda worries me is that the English writers will shit all over the intensity and drama of this scene by placing random jokes in unfitting places just for the sake of a joke. With the darker dialogue shown in the ESRB rating thingamafucker I do have some hope but these are the Colours writers we're talking about, which counteracts the hope with doubt...............

• Thumbs Up 2

Generations wasn't plagued with jokes, and even Colours had the cutscene in Asteroid Coaster that was pretty serious. The writers are completely capable of not doing what you just described. :/

I'll be surprised if the dialogue in this scene isn't essentially what Tomoki translated up above.

• Thumbs Up 6

Colors has a lot of jokes but it fits the cartoony Saturday Morning nature of the game while Generation is way more laid back with a few jokes here and there. So I think they'll only add in a joke when it feels appropriate instead of just adding it in the most unfitting scenes that feels out of place.

Edited by sonfan1984

People seem to forget that Colors did have a serious scene with no jokes; its a short scene but still.

• Thumbs Up 5