Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

Victoes

I actually imagine Sonic dragging Eggman around by the hand, who complains that Sonic's too slow to prevent close calls and should speed up while Sonic retorts that Eggman's just too damned fat to be lugging around that fast anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm reminded of the scene in Secret Rings where Sonic rescues King Sharyar in the most apathetic way possible.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm reminded of the scene in Secret Rings where Sonic rescues King Sharyar in the most apathetic way possible.

That has to be one of the best scenes in the franchise. 

If the writers actually worked at it, Sonic can be the biggest smartass ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard you guys like English?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMbX2MKZ0g

Skip to 50 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 9

Skip to 50 seconds.

If you want to be serious, the full cutscene changes the entire conontaion, and removes any doubts the japanese clip gave, well about the diolauge and action at least

That cutscene was fantastic.

I love how Eggman being betrayed wasn't even because of him being overconfident or biting off more than he could chew; Sonic is just as much at fault for the Deadly Six's rise to power as Eggman here, providing even more justification for their truce in this game.

I thought Eggman's deadpan delivery of "That was a mistake" was pretty great too.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow. That was simply amazing. Blows away Sonic Generations and tops Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Makes it seem like the deadly six didn't go down without a fight, if Eggman knew they could take over his mechs, which makes him seen all the more component.

• Thumbs Up 1

What little dialogue there was was fantastic. Not juvenile and forced like Colors, but not needlessly serious like Sonic '06. And the voice direction...Mike Pollock made Eggman sound awesome. I'm talking Deem Bristow levels of awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow I loved that cutscene.

I like how Tails was the sensible one, and was just about to warn Sonic before his impulsiveness got the better of him. You can't blame Sonic for knocking that device out of Eggman's hand, as the Doctor was obviously up to no good (he would have used the Deadly Six to attack Sonic anyway).

As for Tails "wuh, you think?". A bit of sarcasm. That's more like it, not letting Sonic off the hook. I like the way Tails is being used/developed. It's similar to the Sonic Colours cutscene where Tails doesn't let Sonic off the hook for talking to a lifeless robot that he had just defeated. He is the calming influence that Sonic needs.

As for Eggman, I guess Sonic - maybe feeling slightly guilty - agrees to team up with the Doctor.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Sonic kicks the shell*

Goddammit, Sonic!

I really like the cut scene/ It feels so chaotic. I also like how defenseless Eggman is, which might explain why he and Sonic would have to team up. Happy that Orbot and Cubot are back too.

I couldn't help but giggle when I saw Dr. Eggman run.

Never have I seen a cutscene more wretched and cringeworthy than this steaming pile of hedgehog feces. (Excluding the cutscenes from Colors, of course.) We obviously have some very bad writers working on this game, and it's already been established that we have impossibly poor voice actors. Couple that with the art style of the whole thing, and you have one godawful cutscene that is only worthy of that Colors game.

Edited by TwiceStyle

Never have I seen a cutscene more wretched and cringeworthy than this steaming pile of hedgehog feces. (Excluding the cutscenes from Colors, of course.) We obviously have some very bad writers working on this game, and it's already been established that we have impossibly poor voice actors. Couple that with the art style of the whole thing, and you have one godawful cutscene that is only worthy of that Colors game.

But....

Wow, this honestly looks great. Sure, the design is still ridiculous, but it's got the action you normally don't see in a Sonic cutscene. Now if only the gameplay and art style weren't disgustingly horrible...

What? You said it was great the other day.

Edited by Gatestormer
  • Thumbs Up 8

Considering Colors is one of my favorite games, I don't view that as a bad thing by any means.

But to better understand where you're coming from, what do you consider to be good examples of Sonic writing? I kind of wonder if your issue is truly with the writing style itself or more with the game's tone.

Edited by Doc Eggman

But....     What? You said it was great the other day.
I didn't expect the dialogue and voice acting to be so bad. Of course, this is pretty much a stripped down re-hash of Colors, and that game's dialogue and voice acting were equally horrible.

I didn't expect the dialogue and voice acting to be so bad. Of course, this is pretty much a stripped down re-hash of Colors, and that game's dialogue and voice acting were equally horrible.

Except that Colors and Lost World have different plots, locales, and even different roles for the returning characters?

This would be like saying Sonic 2 is a rehash of Sonic 1 just for having similar thematic elements.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic messes up big time, quite believably as well.Tails is a bit snarky, he’s no doubt annoyed with Sonic.

This seems pretty good on it’s own, but it makes me nervous that I might see another awkward,ungainly, gooftastic Sonic like in Colours.

Eggman seems a bit different, less volatile than usual, I certainly didn't expect him to explain what Sonic did wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Colors is one of my favorite games, I don't view that as a bad thing by any means.   But to better understand where you're coming from, what do you consider to be good examples of Sonic writing? I kind of wonder if your issue is truly with the writing style itself or more with the game's tone.
Alright, you got me. It's the tone. I'd prefer the story to be a tad darker. That, and I like the detailed art style of previous gamed much better, as it really looks beautiful and strangely fitting.

Now I see why the Zeti are so bent on attacking Eggman. Who wouldn't be if they were being punished like that?

It's really, truly awesome to see Sonic's impulsiveness come to bite him in the ass. The only thing that'd make this better is if the next cutscene has him regret what he did because of what it resulted in on two tangents; The Zeti becoming unruly and Tails being hurt. I've always liked it when Sonic's negative aspects are utilized to make him non-perfect. I kinda hope he doesn't just say "Oh well!" and just brush it off as it it's nothing.

• Thumbs Up 9

Except that Colors and Lost World have different plots, locales, and even different roles for the returning characters?   This would be like saying Sonic 2 is a rehash of Sonic 1 just for having similar thematic elements.
Yeah, but this isn't a legitimate sequel. We should move away from wisps and corny jokes, perhaps settling on something that's the perfect mixture of "light" and "dark". This one goes too far into the former, even with the "I'm going to skin you alive" and such.

Yeah, but this isn't a legitimate sequel. We should move away from wisps and corny jokes, perhaps settling on something that's the perfect mixture of "light" and "dark". This one goes too far into the former, even with the "I'm going to skin you alive" and such.

I found Colors and (what we've seen of) Lost World to have pretty well-timed humor, honestly.

You wanna talk about corny, forced, badly-timed jokes, then look no further than the Sonic Riders games. Even a lighthearted-tone fan like myself cringes at those.

Colors though? Eggman's taunts throughout the game were classic, the robot minions were lovable, and Sonic was actually kind of an egotistical dork (in an endearing way) in that game. Humor's subjective, certainly, but I found Colors' jokes to hit way more often than they missed (which they certainly did at times; The bad translation jokes kinda flopped, I'll admit).

• Thumbs Up 3