Awoo.

J-Stars Victory Versus

dabbido

You aren't exactly able to fight those monsters. They're you part of the overworld and killing a certain amount of them at various times is required to complete certain quests. You fire a cannon shot at them and they just die instantly / disappear. Kinda lame.

I'm not sure what my favorite stage is. I generally like all of them except the Sakigake! Otokojuku stage because it's filled with booby traps that take massive chunks of your HP if you fall into them or get knocked into them. I try my best to avoid playing on that stage as much as possible.

I guess my favorite is the Dr. Slump stage? It's a good size but not too large but it's also bright, colorful and inviting. I guess it helps that it's the first stage I ever played on after finishing my download. Planet Namek is also a favorite probably because that's the locale I'm the most familiar with that is available as a stage. You can also just fight completely underwater.

I gotta look into the Soul Society stage thing. Oddly enough online match making doesn't choose it that much. Neither does J Adventure.

Super Robot Taisen and part of the Tales of series disagree with this, but i digress.

I didn't say all did I :P really its good to atleast get the main series tales of games than nothing at all (even though the handheld titles do look pretty good and not getting the destiny remake kind of sucks). As for the taisen series, well you got me there.

Meaningful post.

Thanks again for the info, something tells me I'm also gonna hate that stage as well.

Ah I see, kinda lame they're just insta-kills. Thanks for the info anyway ^^ it's much appreciated.

As for the Soul Society stage, please do! any details or info would be great. And if you're not particularly a BLEACH reader, just so you understand the reference, without spoiling :

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/494 (just that one page)

and

bleach-3338719.jpg

spoilered for size.

I've seen something similar to it on some shots, like it happens suddenly.

Okay I played on the Soul Society stage and yes, after a certain amount of time passes by, pillars of blue light appear all over in the background of the stage. I guess I never noticed it before because every time I played on the stage I was too busy focusing on my opponents to actually notice it. Pretty cool.

The more and more I play Korosensei, the more I think he's one of the best characters in the game. His gameplan is relatively simple but it's so unbelievably effective against the vast majority of the cast when he is used properly.

Now, here's a strange new discovery: http://www.yareyaredaze.com/2014/03/28/j-stars-victory-vs-jotarodiodaiyoh-files-found/

It's strange because there was a news that said some time ago that they didn't planned DLC characters. Maybe they changed their minds?
Reguardless, despite the bullshit of being an assist, it's still something that Yoh is finally in the game (also i was kinda expecting something like this considering characters like Nogami Neuro and Allen Walker got degradated as assist too). Jotaro and Dio are the most obvious and recocnizable characters of JoJo, so they are pretty expectable; the only one that makes me scratch my head is Dai, mostly because Dragon Quest is still a Square-Enix franchise (and not in the same way of Yu-Ghi-Oh were the game itself Duel Monsters is owned by Konami but the manga is Shonen Jump property).
But to be honest, the only important series that now could be somehow missing are only Death Note, Buso Renkin and Yu-Ghi-Oh.

The worst case scenario is that those characters were planned but could'nt make it into the final product, but i'm not so sure at this point.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, sorry for the double post bump, but we have a release date!

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe began streaming an English "battle stars" trailer on Wednesday for its upcoming fighting game Shonen Jump's J-Stars Victory VS+. Bandai Namco Entertainment will ship the game in Europe on June 26 and in North America on June 30.

The European trailer reveals pre-order bonuses. Those who pre-order the game will get a J-Stars VS+ Compendium book with art for the 52 characters in the game. The pre-order bonus will also include PlayStation themes for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.

Bandai Namco Entertainment America will ship the game with the J-Stars VS+ Compendium book to those who pre-order the game at GameStop.

The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita game will feature the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles. More than 50 characters from at least 32 titles appear in Shonen Jump's 45th anniversary game in Japan. The premise of the game is "J Battle Festival, a dream festival that happens once in 45 years" and assembles heroes who exemplify friendship, hard work, and victory.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-16/j-stars-victory-vs-game-new-trailer-reveals-june-release-date/.87171