Awoo.

J-Stars Victory Versus

dabbido

New trailer:

Also, 2 new characters revealed, both from the Medaka Box series: Medaka Kurokami (playable) and Misogi Kumagawa (assist).

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan_10-02.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

From the trailer, Sasuke doesn't seem to have his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan since his current Susano'o has a shield and an Amaterasu flame. The one in the trailer lacks the flame (And the cool scarf covering the Susano's face)

From the trailer, Sasuke doesn't seem to have his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan since his current Susano'o has a shield and an Amaterasu flame. The one in the trailer lacks the flame (And the cool scarf covering the Susano's face)

Isnt the amaterasu flame a very recent thing? but anyways yeah... I guess they went with the previous one. But yeah, so he has Susanoo, (The complete form and the protection initial form (rib cage) ) , Katon Gokyaku no Jutsu and Amaterasu right? didnt see anything else (besides normal slashes)

New trailer:

*video*

Also, 2 new characters revealed, both from the Medaka Box series: Medaka Kurokami (playable) and Misogi Kumagawa (assist).

*pic*

Awesome! I loved Medaka Box, one of the weirdest Jump titles. Shame that Kumagawa is only an assist.

Hoping to see characters from JoJo (please not Jotaro), Yu-Gi-Oh, Shaman King and Saint Seiya.

Edited by Supaidaman

Was about to post that! XD Thanks! its nice to have some girls for variations sake. Here is a clearer scan:

J-Stars-Scan-19-hq.jpg

I've had no interest in this game until I saw Medaka was revealed, I really loved the anime. Not to mention NamcoBandai makes pretty alright anime-based fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome! I loved Medaka Box, one of the weirdest Jump titles. Shame that Kumagawa is only an assist.

Hoping to see characters from JoJo (please not Jotaro), Yu-Gi-Oh, Shaman King and Saint Seiya.

Those were in the DS game, so we an expect them back in this one

Edited by Monovec

YES! Boobie Lady Medaka (actually a good character, my favourite in fact) is in!

Good thing that other guy is just an assist, because I never liked him.

Yep a great character indeed!  also with that scan we also see a Rurouni Kenshin stage! So far my favorite stages are Namek and Soul Society.

So for the trailer I get that there are heroes and (Friendly) rivals

So if that logic is true, then it could be like

-Goku/Vegeta

-Naruto/Sasuke

-Toriko/Zebra

-Luffy/???

-Ichigo/Renji?

-Kenshin/Sanosuke? (I hope so)

-Gintoki/???

-Ryotsu/???

-Gon/Hisoka?

-Yusuke/Kuwabara? Toguro? Sensui?

-Taro/???

-Medaka/???

Well, I'm not a follower of all of them. So you can suggest some posibilities

• Thumbs Up 1

So for the trailer I get that there are heroes and (Friendly) rivals

So if that logic is true, then it could be like

-Goku/Vegeta

-Naruto/Sasuke

-Toriko/Zebra

-Luffy/???

-Ichigo/Renji?

-Kenshin/Sanosuke? (I hope so)

-Gintoki/???

-Ryotsu/???

-Gon/Hisoka?

-Yusuke/Kuwabara? Toguro? Sensui?

-Taro/???

-Medaka/???

Well, I'm not a follower of all of them. So you can suggest some posibilities

I get the feeling that not everyone will get a "rival" possibly just the most popular ones. Id expect at least one from One Piece and Bleach, maybe Gon/ Yusuke.  In a way its better because that means more franchises, but then again if we get a character like Taro instead of... I dunno Zoro or Byakuya, Id be pissed XD

Well, I'm also expecting characters like:

-Kenshiro

-Seiya

-Someone from Bobobo

-Death Note representation

-Train

-Captain Tsubasa/Slam Dunk/Prince of Tennis assists

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm also expecting characters like:

-Kenshiro

-Seiya

-Someone from Bobobo

-Death Note representation

-Train

-Captain Tsubasa/Slam Dunk/Prince of Tennis assists

I would love all of those, although as much as Id like a playable Light Yagami, it would be a bit weird since all attacks would be pretty much Ryuuks, from the players perspective, you would only see Light writing on his death note for most of his attacks. I mean... it could work, probably Misa could assist him, but yeah I can see him as assist only.

On to something somewhat new:

-Screenshots of Goku vs Vegeta / Naruto vs Sasuke / Toriko vs Zebra , plus some shots of Konoha village. theyre quite nice c:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/10/j-stars-victory-vs-sasuke-vegeta-zebra-20-new-screenshots/

plus some control details (dunno if someone could translate it though!

EDIT: We do learn some moves of Vegeta, Zebra and Sasuke on these though! Sasuke has a bunch of incomplete susanoo attacks, chidori, gokyakyu no jutsu, Zebra has Thunder Noise and it looks like he has Meteor noise too! (for those who dont know his attacks are based on sound he generates through his mouth ) and Vegeta has more than I thought! pretty much his trademark moves are all there!

Edited by dabbido

New scans up with new characters: Boa Hancock (One Piece) playable, Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi), Lala Satarin Deviluke (To-Love Ru) and Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) as assist. Also, March 2014 confirmed as release date.

J-Stars-Dated-JP-Scan.jpg

Edited by Teoskaven

Haha got beat by a second!! well there you go guys! xD We got a release date too! More female characters are neat to balance the game. So Rukia isnt playable? well its okay with me as long as theres another Bleach character (playable), I didnt see Boa Hancock coming! its nice to have some variety but playable ?  I mean... I dont mind, but as long as they dont leave Zoro out because of her Ill be fine. I love Kirisaki and Lala though! so thats a nice addition!

Boa Hancock? Really?

I expected Zoro or, heck, even Nami to fill the 2nd character slot. That was totally out of the blue.

Boa Hancock? Really?

I expected Zoro or, heck, even Nami to fill the 2nd character slot. That was totally out of the blue.

Me neither. Im shocked but dont worry I think at least One Piece and DBZ could get a 3rd rep. They did mention something like "hero/friend/rival" or something. So who knows.

EDIT: Somehow I believe this all is a bad translation, I mean if she was playable there would be a huge artwork for her, plus the screens being mostly for her, appearing on a little box with " [bLEACH] [OP] " makes me think shes an assist as well.  Although I dont entirely hate her, Id probably still enjoy playing as her but... yeah.. she has to be support.

EDIT 2: Looking closer on that Boa Hancock shot, we can see Luffy, Sasuke, Boa and who is that on white? plus if you look closer at Luffy is he wearing black shorts? does that mean *gasp* alternate costumes/colors that actually match something from the respective series and not just random recolors ? : D

Edited by dabbido

Whoa whoa whoa!

Boa Hancock..... Over Zoro or Sanji.......Really????

Well that was unexpected, but at least they got another female fighter, through I'm kinda bummed Rukia is just an assist.

EDIT: Wait, if the two girls above are just assist, why are their images larger, I would think Rukia and Boa would be the larger pics unless theirs a translation error.

I would think its a translation error. but who knows! anyways another scan showing more Hancock, some Medaka and more ~ 

1385095_688790587799064_353562388_n.jpg

1378584_688790707799052_1842786096_n.jpg

Edited by dabbido

• 3 weeks later...

We got some news! XD  Tsuna (with Reborn) and Tatsumi Oga (with Beelzebub) are confirmed as playable!!! Kagura is an assist with Sadahamaru, so if Gintama is getting a rival character or 2nd character, itll probably be Zura/Katsura or someone from the Shinsengumi.

J-Stars-Scan-22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some clearer screens and some new ones from Rukia, Boa Hancock, Lala , Chitoge, Medaka and Kumawaga!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/11/j-stars-victory-vs-screenshotsart-of-hancock-rukia-more/

:3 enjoy!! sorry for triple post! >< I simply wanna keep posting news, but if no one comments, and I just edit, the topic will remain in the 5th page XD So yeah.. 

A cool feature this game could have is alt. costumes...

Say Armorless Vegeta, Akatsuki Sasuke, sage coat Naruto, green uniform Yusuke or tank top Gon

A cool feature this game could have is alt. costumes...

Say Armorless Vegeta, Akatsuki Sasuke, sage coat Naruto, green uniform Yusuke or tank top Gon

Indeed, thatd be awesome. At least we have confirmation of alternate colors, that indicate something. Like this screenshot where Luffy has his PTS outfit but his shorts are black, like the Enies Lobby arc! So at least we could see Hollow Ichigo (hopefully Tensa Zangetsu too)

J-Stars-Victory-VS-1114-07.jpg