Awoo.

J-Stars Victory Versus

dabbido

Allen not being playable is a blow to my heart, that little guy needs more love.

Its weird because out of everyone who is playable so far I think he is the only main character of a series thats not playable.

Neuro Nôgami is also a main character who is assist only. Also, i'm not confident in the other assist-only series rapresented (To-love Ru, Sket Dance, Kuroko's Basket and Nisekoi), but i think they also have their respective main character(s).

• 3 weeks later...

Time to make a huge bump!!!

We got some awesome announcements, it seems the hero / rival / antagonist thing is true since we now get confirmation of Madara (Naruto Shippuden), Frieza (DBZ), Akainu (One Piece) and Shishio Makoto (Rurouni Kenshin) as playable characters!!! with more to come (Aizen Sousuke is silhouetted as well as Toguro (YuYu Hakusho)

Scan:

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-31.jpg

All of these are great picks!!! the only thing that saddens me is that while Akainu is a perfect fit for antagonist with 3 One Piece reps, that means if we by any lucky chance get a 4th rep, we will miss out on Zoro or Sanji.

This brings the total of playable characters to 27. 

So, counting the previous tease, on 21 we should see Toguro, Aizen and Hisoka.

In any case, Akainu both playable and beatable? Finally i can channel all the frustration i had in these years against him C:

EDIT: If you look closely in the scan, it seems that other characters from the Jump series will appear as (probably) NPCs in the story mode, like Sakura and Kakashi in that image.

Indeed.  I think Akainu is quite a great choice, he could be easily seen as Luffy´s antagonist, mostly because Luffy holds a grudge against him for what happened in Marineford. I also feel like I would choose him as my opponent most of the time, just to whoop his sorry ass all over the place : P

Toguro is in? One of my favourite characters in the series, after Kurama and Kuwabara? I'm greatly pleased. I feared they would have chosen Sensui instead. It's the choices made for One Piece that still confuse me. I mean...yeah, Akainu, sure. He's one of the "bad guys", if you can call bad someone who fights pirates...but I still don't get why they chose Boa for the "Allies" side. Except for the obvious power of boobs.

Personal theory, that it's based on the fact that for crossover games, Bamco always chooses specific time periods of the worlds they pick (example: the Street Fighter IV events during Project X Zone or the fall of Leo Magnus of Tales of Destiny during Namco x Capcom).

Maybe for One Piece they are focusing on the period of the Marineford war between the Marines and the Whitebeard pirates: in that period, Rufy was separated from his comrades, was helped indirectly and subtly by Boa, and estabilished a personal rivarly with Akainu due to how the war ended (without giving too many spoilers). It makes sense that way.

As for Toguro: yeah, considering that the villains of Yu Yu Hakusho imho are not that great (i personally find more interesting the minor villains or the secondary characters), he is the better choice. I still hope that either Kuwabara, Kurama or Hiei will get in the game in some form.

@Teoskaven : You have a point there, it makes sense. However I somehow believe One Piece and DBZ will get more love and respect, so perhaps its not too hard to think they could both get a 4th rep? Id definitely choose Zoro and maybe .... Gotenks? Gohan would be the next most important character, but he would be way too similar. Piccolo or Gotenks would feel fresh. what would you choose ?

In the meanwhile enjoy a picture of Korosensei ... "analyzing" Naruto : P

JStarsVictoryVS-0115-05.jpg

The game actually has a story mode? That...actually interest me quite a bit. I mean, I'm sure the story will probably be extremely silly, but I'm curious as to how some characters will react towards each other, and what is it overall that's happening. 

It's cool seeing that these days, crossovers lack story modes (right, UMvC3 and PSASBR?), but sadly i'm not an expert in japanese so i will not understand it fully when i will get the game.

Well, isn't there still a chance that Namco will localize the game for the western market? I think it was Siliconera that said something about finding a trademark for the game for Europe. 

Well, isn't there still a chance that Namco will localize the game for the western market? I think it was Siliconera that said something about finding a trademark for the game for Europe. 

I sadly don't think so: consider that each series (DBZ, One Piece, Bleach, etc.) has a personal trademark outisde of Japan, so it would require an insane amount of licensing to localize. Look at Project X Zone how hard it was to localize.

Also, it's Bamco we're talking about: that alone should say a lot.

@Teoskaven : You have a point there, it makes sense. However I somehow believe One Piece and DBZ will get more love and respect, so perhaps its not too hard to think they could both get a 4th rep? Id definitely choose Zoro and maybe .... Gotenks? Gohan would be the next most important character, but he would be way too similar. Piccolo or Gotenks would feel fresh. what would you choose ?

I don't know if we will get 4th characters for the current rapresented series: consider that some iconic series are still missing at least one character (assist or playable that is), so i think they will first plug that hole before going forward.

So Madara, Shishio and also looks like Toguro and Isoka have a chance to be in. This game is starting to get better than it's DS predecesor.

I wish that with the start of Captain Tsubasa: Rising Sun on Grand Jump Tsubasa gets a chance of being a support character

I sadly don't think so: consider that each series (DBZ, One Piece, Bleach, etc.) has a personal trademark outisde of Japan, so it would require an insane amount of licensing to localize. Look at Project X Zone how hard it was to localize.

Also, it's Bamco we're talking about: that alone should say a lot.

Ah, I see... I never bought PXZ, or really paid any attention to it, so I kinda didn't know it was difficult to localize it. 

Good point. Though, I was just having small hopes with them since they did localize the One Piece PS3 games and now even JoJo's PS3 game, but then again, have to remember that J Stars has so many different series to try and deal with. 

Haha well that was fast XD  Wow what a tease you get Hisoka silhouetted and next hes revealed to be support only :P Although to me that means Killua could get in instead, wich would be awesome! 

I guess we will see some clearer pics later on, cause I really wanna see dat Aizen render. While more reps from current series would mean less reps from other series getting in, I do hope we get a 3rd Bleach rep : P Probably cause Im a huge fan, despite the hate many seem to have for the series. I mean if Naruto got its third rep then its only reasonable. Would be awesome to see Hitsugaya or Byakuya Kuchiki.

If there was any 3rd playable rep for Bleach, the spot should go to Kenpachi Zaraki.

Why?

Kenpachi_Zaraki_di_Bleach_fa_un_sorrison

Just look that smile: how can you say no to that?

Also, i thind that assist characters count towards the full rapresentation of the series, so while not all playable, Bleach has already 3 reps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats true I guess, plus a stage, but an assist while counts as representation, it doesnt even get close to a full-fledged playable character. consider assists make like one attack animation, while a playable character has at least 10x times that, with animated sequences, combos and all that stuff. but I guess if they did add another character then by having Rukia they would have more representation than One Piece, DBZ and Naruto so you have a point there... although its very likely these will also get an assist character.

I agree, Kenpachi is a beast, but sadly he doesnt have much to work on beside strong slashes and removing his patch. It is sad cause he is pretty much one of the best characters if not the best in Bleach, yet since he doesnt know his zanpakutou, hes only been using raw force. so theres not much to work with there. But then again Ichigo has 1 attack + mask (wich is not an attack) yet they made him into quite the awesome character to play as. so yeah...

Anyways, I hope they do this rival / antagonist thing only for DragonBall Z, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach. cause if they treated every other series so far in this way, there would be no space for new franchises that have yet to be represented.

But Bleach already has 3 reps. Did you forget about Rukia?

Maybe HxH and Yuyu Hakusho will get one instead. The first a playable one and the other may get a support

But Bleach already has 3 reps. Did you forget about Rukia?

Maybe HxH and Yuyu Hakusho will get one instead. The first a playable one and the other may get a support

True, Its probably cause I'm a bit biased towards Bleach, representation is representation no matter what. still playable character is better than 3 assists *cough cough*

On related news, if anyone wanted to see a translation of the previous scan, some translated it for your viewing pleasure

crWWpWA.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay here are the others!!! There's a bunch of new stuff for your viewing please xD Spoiler'd for size :

Opening intro cutscenes and shtuff:  

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-1.jpg 

Allen Walker and more

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-2.jpg 

Heroes and Antagonists duking it out (Also we get confirmation of Sagittarius Seiya and Toguro 120% :3 )

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-4.jpg

Sorry for triple post but... this is a must see!!! it's the game's opening!!! we get to see some animations and footage from Seiya, Korosensei and Allen Walker! xD Gotta love some moments like Ichigo and Gintoki duking out and their expression once Goku fires a Kamehameha at them tongue.png Here it is! (also the site updated with more bios.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZoPEbTYRg&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL0DnZpV_rwVuuqzmHlsQqtQ-zC9iNJlHR