Awoo.

Can you help me remember what Sonic VS Metal Sonic is?

Artemis Wildfire

Hey everyone. I hope this thread is okay to post :/ , but if it isn't you are permitted to laugh at me and a moderator can delete the thread!

So there is this Sonic game I have remembered from my past and I can't seem to find it anywhere! 

I was at my grandparent's house, looking through a games magazine, and it had a really cool looking game called 'Sonic VS Metal Sonic'. I recognized Metal Sonic because he was Metallix from Sonic the Comic (who was my favorite Sonic character!). I really wanted it but it was on the SEGA PC and I only had a Sega Megadrive so I couldn't get it. 

I got the Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure, which was really cool, so I kinda forgot about it.

I completely forgot about Sonic after the dreamcast (because I've heard the games past Adventure have all been terrible) but, after seeing trailers for Sonic Lost World (which does look awesome), I remembered about my Sonic memories and then this game!

I don't suppose any of you know of this elusive game? 

P.S.

If it helps, I vaguely remember the front cover of the game was Sonic and Metallix about to get into a fist fight. I think Sonic was on the left and Metallix was on the right although I could be wrong. I think they were in a desert. 

Thanks guys! I hope this thread was not too stupid for Sonic veterans wub.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artemis Wildfire

• xSinisterStrike

• Badnik Mechanic

• Abominal SnowTaz

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonic vs. Metal Sonic? It's not an actual game title, but there's an incredibly high chance you're thinking of Sonic the Hedgehog CD, a game for the Sega Mega-CD, a Mega Drive add-on.

Their fight (actually race, but still) can be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYWKZuLp5K4

cool looking game called 'Sonic VS Metal Sonic'.

P.S.

If it helps, I vaguely remember the front cover of the game was Sonic and Metallix about to get into a fist fight. I think Sonic was on the left and Metallix was on the right although I could be wrong. I think they were in a desert. 

Thanks guys! I hope this thread was not too stupid for Sonic veterans wub.png

Are you by any chance thinking of Sonic CD?

Sonic_CD_256px.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dAAWSoQ0A

Edit: Ninja'd by so many!

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Sonic CD?

scd-bginfo-detailsimg3full.jpg

That is the EXACT image I remember!

The nostalgia and memories :o .

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I believe you're thinking of Sonic CD. It's the first game to feature Metal Sonic in.

Here's the opening and closing animations, by the way. They're pretty freaking cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96NqPAEWVKU

Edited by FromASloth

If you're gonna get any version, I'd suggest the relatively recent HD remake.

It's available to download on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Android, and iOS, and it's fantastic.

Both the Japanese and US soundtracks, playable Tails, and the option to swap between the original physics and Sonic 3's physics.

Here is my thank you message for Hogfather! 

post-6162-0-26474600-1375976561_thumb.jp

(me and Hogfather)

I hope we can continue to be friends biggrin.png

Locking this topic, on account of the question was answered and the original poster is a duplicate anyway.