Awoo.

Sonic Generations plot holes?

InfinityAlex

Seconded. I also raise you a Classic Amy. That buggered the ever living fuck out of me trying to figure out how they suggested/explained two versions of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman as Classics being the younger versions. Classic Amy was and is quite different visually from her Modern counterpart, yet they never alluded to it.

technicly you could argue Classic Vector and Espio.... not charmy though he hasnt really changed

Classic Vector and Espio aren't in this continuity.

Classic Knuckles and Amy...out of universe, it could just be that SEGA didn't feel like including them, but in universe the classic characters might have been grabbed from just prior to Sonic CD (hence why classic Metal Sonic exists too), hence why classic Sonic and Tails don't remark on anything beyond Chemical Plant. 

whoops wrong thread. and also no reason not to

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Things I noticed

-Crisis City
-Blaze
-Sonic not recognizing any "new" characters like Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2, Silver in Rivals, Cream in Sonic Advance, etc, since his Classic self met them in Generations
- Is Metal Sonic dead for good now since he and Classic both went to Stardust Speedway where they battled and the former lost, Sonic didn't go back to that point in time, he and Metal just went back to that location.
-Classic Robotnik should know what to expect from Modern Sonic and have the upper hand

@crystalize

-Say wha--?

I'm putting some effort into my post and everything I get in response is THIS.

not really, read the character bios, Blaze and Silver both came from their respective origins in this timelines, Blaze from Sol Dimension and Silver from the future,

So they're Rush series' Blaze and Silver now? It must be the only SG reference to portables then. I've read here that "Iizuka laughs in a face of handheld Sonic games".

Edited by crystallize

@Celestia

Damn, that's a lot of points to go through.

-Crisis City technically exists, but not in an accessible timeline, due to time being reset and all that shit. However, due to Time Eater's mastery of time, I've no doubt it would be able to access Crisis City.

-Blaze...what about her? If you mean her appearance at Sonic's party, I think I cleared that up earlier in the thread.

-Basically, when Classic went back to his present he forgot the adventure, but still retained the abilities he learnt. Someone else said this in the Lost World cutscene thread, but I can't remember what he actually said.

-Metal may be destroyed, but Eggman could easily rebuild him prior to Sonic Heroes.

-See my answer to Classic Sonic.

@Crystalize

What I mean is I didn't understand your question.

Edited by InfinityAlex

chaos exposure and stopped shaving his eyelids, stopped getting hair cuts. :P puberty is weird cause in the game universe he has always been and still is 15
Not true...in the character profiles in Sonic Jam...Sonic was stated to be 16 and Knuckles 15. Then in Sonic Heroes it was the other way around...so you could say Classic Sonic is Older than Modern Sonic! To me the story of this game is irrelevant as the characters are one and the same...the redesign is purely that...that two different characters nor do they really represent a change in the age of the character.

Actually it was supposedly confirmed by SEGA that Classic Sonic is the younger version of Sonic, prolly about 10.

@Crystalize

What I mean is I didn't understand your question.

It was a statement, not a question. My bad using question marks.

OK.

@Sploit

I can't remember, it was a year ago. I think it may be on TVTropes now.

Classic Tails: "Robotnik!"

Classic Robotnik: "No one calls me that anymore."

So assuming Robotnik is from approximately Sonic 3 & Knuckles, this makes no sense, as the name Eggman was introduced in Adventure. Now, it's possible Modern Robotnik just told his classic self about it, which makes less sense, he had no reason to.

Yeah.

Well he may have so Sonic wouldn't be able to tease him about it in Adventure, or just so SoA could pretend they are in the same canon as SoJ.

It's possible that maybe that's how he introduced himself to classic Robotnik? Just because he's probably used to saying it maybe something like "I'm dr Eggman, I'm from your future, help me and together we can stop sonic once and for all!"

Or it's possible that he heard Sonix calling him that and asked him about it

The main reason its confusing to most people is because of how Sega made that style change and didn't really want to go back to it anymore, thus why you see modern style used in classic scenes in both game and comics. They didn't want to encourage it. Yet with the classic style returned in generations, it is understandable why people are confused by it. Who's to say anyway, its not just slight universe changes as well. Sonic is built around there being multiple worlds and universes that are close to each other, so it may not be that hard of a leap to say its different universes either, or that something big did happen that we didn't see in the comics that were explained in the comics in how they had their style changes.