Awoo.

SonicLondon Meet #11

HelenBaby

Yes the 11th SonicLondon meet has been announced. And this time we have activities! Please check out the event's e-poster here :

post-182-0-28438800-1376189583_thumb.png

A further few points about the event :

We will announce whether the meet will be held in the Plan A or Plan B venue in the days leading up to the meet depending on the weather forecast, as we have done in the past. If we go with Plan A, the picnic in Regent's Park, guests are encouraged to bring along picnic blankets, picnic foods (obviously), suncream and water! I guess there will be less to bring if we go for the Plan B option, but do make sure you bring enough food (you are allowed to eat your own food inside the Royal Festival Hall thankfully) and, I guess, an umbrella?

Here's a lowdown of our events (which will take place regardless of venue)

Art Corner : The voice actor and artist Andrew Hamblin, a SonicLondon regular, has kindly agreed to host our Art Corner for us. Go over and join him, grab a pencil and some paper (provided) and get sketching!

Blackjack : At some point during the meet Cyburn (a member of SonicLondon staff) will be hosting a game of Blackjack, and the eventual winner will recieve a prize. Time and prize to be confirmed on the day.

3DS/Vita Corner : Our friends from Monster Hunter Community UK have kindly agreed to host our handheld corner. They'll be happy to play the likes of MK7/Mario Tennis/Luigi's Mansion 2 with attendees. And would, ofcourse, be most up for a sneaky Monster Hunt with those of you that way inclined.

For more details and to RSVP please see : https://www.facebook.com/events/585438461479599/

18+

Edited by HelenBaby

It goes without saying I cannot attend, but I'm looking over your schedule, and overall, it's fairly good! I'm liking your selection of activities and I'm glad these meetups remain strong after all the time you've held them... it motivates me to keep the faith for our own meetups this side of the pond!

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks a lot hun ^^ Yea it has gotten big. It would be nice to see it get even bigger though <3

Thanks a lot hun ^^ Yea it has gotten big. It would be nice to see it get even bigger though <3

How many people do they average these days, actually?

Furthermore, for how long do the meets tend to last on average as well?

Sorry to probe, I just like getting an idea what to aim for with Boom West!

All our previous attendee figures are here : http://soniclondon.com/previous-meet-ups/

The main section of the meets tends to last 3-4 hours... then we go for food/drinks which can extend the meet by another 4

Not bad at all! A sizable group every 3-4 months if I'm not mistaken?

Definitely a good way to build that sense of community... I applaud your dedication in keeping it running for so long!

Could you detail exactly what you do for the first four hours? Chatting, gaming, etc.?

Not bad at all! A sizable group every 3-4 months if I'm not mistaken?Definitely a good way to build that sense of community... I applaud your dedication in keeping it running for so long!Could you detail exactly what you do for the first four hours? Chatting, gaming, etc.?

It differs depending on season/venue etc. But, yea, I suppose the activities you mentioned would be what generally goes on! For a more in depth picture on each individual meet up please check out the descriptions and attendee testimonials provided on the site...

The next meet is the first time we're getting together organised activities =3 Its something we're very excited about!

Edited by HelenBaby

It differs depending on season/venue etc. But, yea, I suppose the activities you mentioned would be what generally goes on! For a more in depth picture on each individual meet up please check out the descriptions and attendee testimonials provided on the site...

The next meet is the first time we're getting together organised activities =3 Its something we're very excited about!

Sounds like a plan!

Who knows, given time you guys might be able to organise something akin to a second Summer of Sonic! The UK certainly is dense enough and enthusiastic enough to have more than one convention, I'd think!

Alas, so much planning... but you've come this far, haven't you? smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

There’s also going to be a Sonic Transformed (3DS) tournament, with e-shop vouchers as prizes (courtesy of Nintendo) ^^

Plus copies of Sonic Transformed (PC version) to win, courtesy of Sumo Digital/Sega

-Plus copies of MH3U (both 3DS and Wii U version) to win, courtesy of Capcom

=3

Edited by HelenBaby

Ha, and while I was at Radio SEGA today I was told by a fellow listener that Sonic London was a casual meetup that didn't have prizes. tongue.png

Very good you were able to get ahold of those! What sorts of strings did you need to pull to get them, out of curiosity? I would have thought getting such from them might be very difficult.

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would have thought so too! But it was actually quite easy... I guess it helps that our meet-ups have been going for 3 years and get good attendance figures. People in the industry have actually heard of us (which I was pleasantly surprised about) so were more than happy to lend a hand ^_^

I suppose it also helps that we have a website containing a plethora of glowing testimonials from people who have attended meets =3 : http://soniclondon.com/

Plus copies of Sonic Transformed (PC version) to win, courtesy of Sumo Digital/Sega

-Plus copies of MH3U (both 3DS and Wii U version) to win, courtesy of Capcom

=3

ASRT PC you say? I am so gonna enter this competition then smile.png I just hope that 3DS's will be provided as I don't have my own :3

^ Indeed you are~!

Here is some further information on our competitions :

ep_zps3af8c578.png

Marcus : the MHCUK are planning on bringing along a few extra 3DSes, so shouldn't be a problem. They'd also love you long time if you tried out Monster Hunter on one of them!

Edited by HelenBaby

Sorry for bumping (again). Just wanted to say we're going with Plan A : meeting outside the Cow &Coffee Bean cafe in Regent's Park!