Awoo.

Redesign after lost world?

Sonic The Badass

I'm slowly adjusting to this new style, but at times I still find it a bit jarringly simplistlic, even for a series like Sonic.  It probably wouldn't feel that way so much if the games looked like that all along and weren't more realistic-looking for a majority of his 3D outings.

Truly, though, I'd feel most at home with a style like Unleashed or even Heroes.  (I used to include SA2 in this statement, but I now feel that it wouldn't fit well with today's Sonic.)

It's weird because Mario is the more detailed one now.

mario-kart-8-12-jpg_205035.jpg

Funny how these things turn out.

...Whoa.  Honestly, if the next Sonic game had environments like this, I'd be pretty okay with that.

Next game should go back to Sonic Generations' super-detailed art. I like this art style, but I really don't want it to stay, and it doesn't look like a Sonic game - no, not even the classics.

I do prefer this art style over unleashed but i don't like how it seems way to bright sometimes. 

I do prefer this art style over unleashed but i don't like how it seems way to bright sometimes. 

Methinks it's just the lack of shading in certain spots. Makes everything look like it was bathed in lightbeams.

This is probably a one off thing. Sonic games have always had a slight change in art direction, Sonic Shuffle had a really cartoonish feel to it because of the cel-shading, wouldn't mind cel shading again in Sonic games it can look real pretty sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAIIK-Foalg Enough said.

@Kareemadeem Thank you. 

Edited by Insane121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAIIK-Foalg Enough said.

How do I embed videos???

Highlight the link then click on special BB code on the left of  the "Font Name" menu and select "Media"

[ media ] URL goes here [ / media ] (Leave no spaces)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAIIK-Foalg

Edit: You're welcome.

Edited by Kareemadeem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you think Sonic games should have a redesign after lost world? most people argue its too cartoonish...

Sonic has always been cartoons but the unleashed/colors redesign is the most cartoonish we have seen him yet. I liked the SA2 design but I don't see how that would work today.

What do you think about the current character/game designs?

I still think the SA2 Sonic is the best up to this point, however the Colors/Generations/Lost World Sonic is slowly growing on me. He just looks very polished now too.

Everything that has been said about the Lost World environments are accurate. The 'zones' looks absolutely gorgeous. 

Funny how before, the norm was Sonic had multiple playable characters in his games and Mario was solo in 3D games. Now the roles have reversed, 3D Sonic is solo and Super Mario 3D World has mutliple characters with unique abilities.

Meh, I'm perfectly fine with Lost World's art style. The series has been using the Unleashed art style, but with different enviroments, since 2008, and I see no reason to redesign it, at least right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I admit, I loved the way the world looked in Unleashed. I will not lie - I think that was the artstyle at it's best in the series. But Lost World's style... I think it looks pretty damn good. I mean, look at these screenshots;

Please_dont_turn_into_Tropical_Jungle.jp

640px-Screenshot_%2824%29.png

These are gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I would have no problem is this style was here to stay.

• Thumbs Up 1