Awoo.

Fav. Guitarists of all time

SABRINA

I gotta say, there are a LOT of awesome guitarists out there.

which one gets you going in his playing?

I like Doug Aldrich-whitesnake. he combines the blues soul with the

bone crushing sound of metal.

Glenn tipton and KK downing-judas priest are an insane duo

ditto to Angus and Malcolm Young-ACDC.

and of course warren demartini,richie sambora, dimebag darrel, ritchie blackmore, and tony iommi.

But my favorite guitarists of all time are

1. MR SCARY himself. Dokken's claim to fame. The king of pinch harmonics

and overall master of hair metal now,then and forever.

ladies and gentlemen

GEORGE LYNCH

George%20Lynch.jpg

2. my 2nd favorite is by far the fastest living guitarists on Gods green earth

he's a classical trained metal guitarist who fears no fretboard.

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN

yngwie.jpg

WHOS YOUR FAV?

Angusyoung.jpg

1) Angus Young (AC/DC)

Eddie-Van-Halen.jpg

2) Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen)

slash05-480x864.jpg

3) Slash (Guns n Roses, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit)

jimmy-page.jpg

4) Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)

I swear, if these guitarists were all playing in the same room, I'd piss myself.

No, seriously. They're that good.

Edited by Azukara

tonyiommi.jpg

1) Tony Iommi

If there's any guitarist who could be called the "god of metal", it's Tony Iommi. He defined heavy metal in the eponymous band - Black Sabbath.

kerryking.jpg

2) Kerry King

As much of a... how do I put this? Pain in the butt he is, he is one of the people who have defined thrash metal what with his speed and intensity. A true king of metal.

davemustaine.jpg

3) Dave Mustaine

Let's face it, who doesn't like Megadeth? As the leading songwriter and guitarist, Dave Mustaine has written some heavy songs. The albums: Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?, Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction are important thrash metal albums.

chuckschuldiner.png

4) Chuck Schuldiner

There has been much debate as to which is the first death metal band and album. Chuck Schuldiner is the one who used a raw and heavy sound in his songs, separating death metal from thrash metal, a huge step for the genre. He is also important in the technical death metal genre, starting with Human, Death took a more progressive and technical approach. Not to mention he is one of the few popular extreme metal guitarists who isn't "SATAN RULES!" but instead, he speaks to the point and didn't let his musical approach get the best of him.

kkdowning.jpg

excuse quality

5) K.K. Downing

Being the guitarist of a band as legendary in heavy metal as Judas Priest, Downing has written and performed some heavy riffs and solos. Sabbath had the darkness, but Priest had the speed and power which was vital for heavy metal music.

(I know, my top 5 picks are based on metal music but still... that's what I like. Plus, why hasn't anybody mentioned Hendrix yet?)

Edited by Kernel Machinegun

Tom Morello

30354.jpg

Matthew Bellamy

MatthewBellamy.jpg

Jack White

jack-white-1-thumb.jpg

Johnny Greenwood

1229351554156_f.jpg

Kim Thayil

Kim_Thayil-12790.jpg

John Frusiante

fru1.jpg

Simon Neil

01-Simon-Neil-of-Biffy-Clyr.jpg

Kurt Cobain

kurt-cobain.jpg

STEVE_VAI.jpg

Steve Vai. This dude will shred you! I have had the opportunity to see him live twice! I have his most famous album Passion and Warfare. I wouldn't mind getting more albums by him. He is one of the best guitarists of all-time.

jasonbecker.jpg

Then there's Jason Becker. I need to get music by this guy! He is by far the greatest guitar player to ever live on this earth. Words cannot describe his guitar playing. He's that fuckin' amazing, I tell ya! Tragically, he now has Lou Gehrig's Disease and he cannot play the guitar at all.

imgd40bd290zik2zj.jpeg

Chuck Schuldiner is my main influence as a musician. Not only an excellent guitarist, but an awesome vocalist. He's the best vocalist/guitarist to ever live in my eyes. I feel that he's the best frontman in the history of heavy metal. This guy really composed some really great songs. STK and I are big fans of 'im. He rocks!

390762.jpg

Sadly, he now has carpal tunnel syndrome. That means he can't play guitar on a regular basis anymore. He was a vocalist/guitarist, but now he's only a vocalist. He be watched

playing an acoustic guitar. He was a really excellent guitarist, in my opinion. He's another one of my main influences as a musician.

l_988ea064e9bcf1ceabeba729243db175.jpg

He's an extremely gifted guitarist. I really like his style. He's an influence to my guitar playing. He really knows his stuff. In my opinion, he's one of the best guitarists in death metal and heavy metal. He rock! STK and I are fans of 'im too.

Michael_Angelo_Batio-13163.jpg

Now this guy is so fast, it's unbelievable. He's another guy who plays so good that words cannot describe. I would like to at least shake this dude's hands. He is an insane guitarist.

nile_karlsanders.jpg

Colonel Karl Sanders. He is a really interesting guitarist who started in a thrash metal band and then worked his way up to becoming a death metal guitarist god in Nile. He writes some really splendid and majestic compositions. He's a good vocalist too.

There could be others that I would consider my favorites, I just can't be arsed to list the rest.

Chuck Schuldiner was one amazing guitarist and songwriter.Listen to Death's albums from Human to Sound of Perseverance. FUCKING AMAZING!

Kelly Shaefer, Andy Laroque, and Paul Masvidal are also very awesome in this regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jun Senoue is a really killer virtuoso. He is Crush 40. Without him, there is no Crush 40. He create really memorable guitar music. Another guy who plays his instrument so well that words cannot describe his guitar playing. He's up there with Steve Vai, Michael Angelo Batio, Joe Satriani, etc. A true guitar virtuoso.

Wow, a lot of guitarists. I've already done a post like this last time with big explanations, but I think I can get away with a lot less for this sequel topic.

brian_may_16.jpg

The Astrophysical Brian May! Especially check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUKi3_QntE. Man, that's a long guitar solo. XD

David%20Gilmour%202006.jpg

Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. My favourite solo's of his are from

(Sorry about having to use a version with the visuals from the film, that stuff's weird XD) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMFiqNA6Ag.

I know neither of them are as technical as most of the guys picked already, but that sort of stuff leaves me cold. I prefer more melodic stuff. :3

Edited by Gerkuman.2

*Points to avyie*

MANA-SAMA!!!!

He's the only guitarist who would wear a dress and still rock out at the same time. His music past (Malice Mizer) and somewhat now (Moi Dix Mois) is so freaking amazing. He like uses Baroque style wth guitars which is highl unusual for people these days but it's pretty good. But since he's from Japan he's hardly heard around here. But he was influnced by an American band so I don't see why not tour around the US...

But M10M has pretty much disappeared... And Mana's other project, Mana's Not Dead really has been worked on either... Mana better think of something fast soon...

It's a little odd for me to say this, but I don't have any, D=. Sure, I love the works of JerryC, Tom Morello, and Jun Senoue, but I've never really laid down a "favorite guitarist". Maybe because I've been listening to soundtracks for the past half year instead of normal rock bands and such, =/. I'm a weird guitarist, X_x.

Oh, Steve Conte is cool too. He did a lot of stuff for Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, and actually Seven Rings In Hand from Sonic and the Secret Rings, =D.

-Blur

ONLY JUN SENOUE HIMSELF.
This, yes!

Then there's:

Axel Rudi Pell

Promo98b.jpg

He can be heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYLW4xcqJxw, with the song Emotional Echoes. Look around the channel for the 'Tales of the Crown' album song. All of ya should recognize a certain Johnny from Crush 40 on vocals. Here, have

for a vocal song.

But Axel is just amazing on guitar and I love his work.

Brad Gillis

bradbiopic.jpg

This guy.

He is what makes Night Ranger so so awesome. Yes, they are the ones who did 'Sister Christian', hush. In before Family Guy reference.

Right, two videos! (You Can Still) Rock In America and The Secret of My Success.

These are my main three. No one can top them, IMO.

Wow, a lot of guitarists. I've already done a post like this last time with big explanations, but I think I can get away with a lot less for this sequel topic.

brian_may_16.jpg

The Astrophysical Brian May! Especially check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdUKi3_QntE. Man, that's a long guitar solo. XD

David%20Gilmour%202006.jpg

Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. My favourite solo's of his are from

(Sorry about having to use a version with the visuals from the film, that stuff's weird XD) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMFiqNA6Ag.

I know neither of them are as technical as most of the guys picked already, but that sort of stuff leaves me cold. I prefer more melodic stuff. :3

Forgot about those two

And James Iha

1.jpg

xD SSMB claims to be keeping it classy, but how on earth can a classy SSMB topic like this remain classy without...

Buckethead-1.JPG

frikkin' Buckethead, he's one crazy mofo, who can play any genre ever. Plus he does some awesome and inhuman things on that instrument that no one's ever heard before. And behind it all, he keeps it classy with that KFC bucket and mask <3 Yee.

Seriously. This dude can play anything. Crazy metal, Soothing jazz, soulful acoustic pieces, classic rock, country, hell, he's even scored a few movies here and there. Mortal Kombat and DBZ pop to mind. I promise you that, if you like guitar oriented music, there will be at least one song by this guy you will like. The best part is, he has so many freaking albums, the music supply's endless!

I want to mention John 5 too, but I'm too lazy to make another reply like the above one. But Jun Senoue cited him as an inspiration, and John 5's a Bucketbot too, and Buckethead sampled Sonic 3 SFX for his 2008 show intros...so... FULL CIRCLE!

Brian May! He is a VERY talented guitarist and I feel not only can he melt the skin off of your face but sometimes when he is playing it sounds like the guitar is actually singing! It's very impressive and he will always be my favourite guitarist.

This, yes!

Then there's:

Axel Rudi Pell

Promo98b.jpg

He can be heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYLW4xcqJxw, with the song Emotional Echoes. Look around the channel for the 'Tales of the Crown' album song. All of ya should recognize a certain Johnny from Crush 40 on vocals. Here, have

for a vocal song.

But Axel is just amazing on guitar and I love his work.

ARP KILLS MAN! He's like the modern day Yngwie. He needs a lot more recognition in the world of metal

And how could we forget Senoue? He's the reason I bought a Peavey 5150 and built my sonic guitar.

BIIIG inspiration on my part

Edited by Stuart twentythree