Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Just to me it seems like the 360 was the last "proper" console from MS, it had some extra features but it was mostly a gaming machine. I don't want a Skype, TV, blu-ray, Internet, gaming machine. I have my PC for Internet and Skype, I don't watch TV and I'm "borrowing" someone else's Internet, and I HATE blu-ray.

I know companies are trying to make all in one devices but soon the Xbox will be able to make me a coffee! I mean if it breaks then what? You'll have no entertainment at all, unless you read. Also I'm REALLY not keen on this kinect always on and controller actually recognising you (aswell as the kinect actually being able to read your heartbeat!) I'm really careful about my and my families safety and protection, this just seems really wierd and creepy to me :/

In the past maybe, but Sony and Microsoft seemed intent on taking this generation for the long haul.  The PS3 and 360 felt more like living room PCs than classically defined game consoles, relying more than ever on firmware upgrades, accessories and downloadable content to stay popular and strong.  I recall Sony saying they wanted the PS3 generation to last for 10 years and it was pretty evident Xbox was using the Kinect to draw out the 360's life span.  I'm sure if it were entirely up to them they would have stayed focused on the PS3 and 360 at least until 2015.

While I can see how that would be attractive to them from a cost standpoint, especially given how much money they burned on those systems near the beginning, the advent of new technology pretty much makes it very difficult to hold off on a new generation of consoles for very long. Eventually we tend to reach a point where developers have tapped all that they can out of current systems and something new is required to reinvigorate creativity. The 5-6 year generation system seems to work rather well for this and I would think that it's more foolish on both Sony and MS's part for not taking it seriously than Nintendo for doing what's pretty much been done for every generation so far.

Apparently watching the unveiling of the new Xbox made Yuji Naka nostalgic...at least I think it did...I don't speak gibberish..and neither does Google:

I was surprised a little while, nickname of many to have with Xbox One is made to the announcement. 1, box dog, Hakone, divorced box. What is that nickname can be, huh feeling that seems easy to be familiar.

To watch the announcement of Xbox One, thinking in the Sonic team selling hardware of Dreamcast, I was a presentation to Okawa president to make a presentation video, but at that time, TV channels or turn in the conversation with the body feel the times caught up at last to have been able to in reality it is to changing the'll have

I've been flowing such as the successful launch satellite Okawa No. 2 in the news screen presentation video at that time. Since each other also thinking of little further in the presentation video, because we have not been able to in the next-generation machine that far yet, I hope to be able to achieve in the console machine that will come out in the future. Announcement of the next-generation I get excited every time

Could not be in Sega but Microsoft's's made me is I glad. I wish I miss this or '16 before. I think Sonic team in video presentation at that time'll enter some Dreamcast,
In each other and the like to be able to have the information of the game specific time such as how many times do you start any game every time you start the game

I wanted to do to say character of the new game is or know the taste that you entered in the game the person is different and to playing a different game with the data, but I was using that feature only only Seaman 'm was. And I think whether people have been said to such as I wish was doing you, Sonic Adventure

I was death to propose to say that it might be able to soak in magazines such as to make the disk so you can see everyone or played any games much to look at the data at the time of the Dreamcast last, but I wish I could not realized it

Was a presentation to Okawa chairman presentation video that you think the Sonic team, I wish was the villa of Okawa chairman of Hakone Come to think of it. I feel a causal relationship softening this or Hakone, but I but not related at all well. By the way, satellites of the Okawa No. 2 No. 1 think that seemed to launch to the next if you are already beat up was also put

I'm fun to me to think about new hard. I wish good old

From his Facebook btw.

Edited by El Driver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure the Xbox ONE will not be sold in Japan.

The general view of Japanese:

"It seems like the day has come for me to leave the Xbox. It's total nonsense that there is no backwards compatibility. Ah, but if The Idolmaster 3 comes out, I guess I'll have to buy it..."

"Television. The NFL. These things seem the biggest, but in Japan, they're totally irrelevant. For Japan, it's totally over. It's at the point where it doesn't matter if this doesn't sell in Japan."

"I gathered that they didn't think about Japan at all."

"I'm looking forward to the new Kinect."

"The PS4 [reveal] had more of a technical rundown, so it was more interesting."

"Western internet forums are on fire. lol"

"It was like, you can play those [old games] on the 360."

"Well, the controller didn't get worse. But, whatever..."

"Even if the functionality is increased, what you end up with is an old PC. It's okay they are putting effort into TV and video services. I don't need that, though, because I'm enjoying my PC gamer life."

"Put together a presentation for gamers."

"I wonder how Americans are gaming at home. Whenever I'm playing a game, I never feel like I want to watch TV, so the ability to switch between the two makes no sense to me."

"They [Microsoft] are not looking at Sony or Nintendo, but are frantically coming up with countermeasures for Apple and Google."

"And here, I thought they were going put out something with amazingly high specs..."

"The only thing I thought was amazing was the multi-tasking."

"Kinect is certainly amazing... But, what's this feeling I have that I cannot really explain... Have I turned into some elderly, decrepit gamer?"

"They're totally not thinking of Japan...This is worse than the Xbox 360."

"That D-pad on the controller was good. I guess they won't put that out on the slim Xbox 360."

"I like the console's design. But I have no clue why it's so damn big."

"The reaction from foreigners isn't good. On Twitter, it's being trashed."

Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-people-in-japan-think-of-xbox-one-509246328

Famistu source:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/22033659.html

BTW, XBOX 360 has long been banned for sale. Now in Japan is thriving PS Vita, 3DS.

Edited by Woun

Has it been confirmed that you'll need Xbox Live Gold to do all this stuff? I mean I know it's bad enough to have a system that requires internet connection when the Live attach rate was nowhere near 100%, but I don't recall it being confirmed that Gold/subscription was necessary.

The scary thing is that, Microsoft are purposefully trying to not broadcast these downsides, they won't be at the E3 conference.

Their primary audience are people who like sharing games and buying games second hand, or perhaps don't get to use the internet all the time.

What will those consumers do when they buy the system and find out they can scarecely even use it? :S The amount of people who are going to buy a system and them either have it eat their money without them realising it, or people thinking it's faulty, I dunno, it's a scary thought!

The average consumer of course shares games, buys games, and doesn't expect to need the internet to get something working. They're going to buy the system without realising that features they've come to take for granted will instead ask for more money from them.

I'm not the biggest always-on fan either but it's pretty funny reading posts on the internet about having to use the internet to play Xbox. 

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, the console looks oddly familiar to me. I can't put my finger on it, can you?

kZDuy.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not the biggest always-on fan either but it's pretty funny reading posts on the internet about having to use the internet to play Xbox. 

Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't have too much trouble keeping it hooked up to the internet myself.

I'm talking demography here, namely their apparent target audience.

Plus, I guess there are many people who like the internet but can't always use it. I have a couple of friends for example who can only use it sparingly, whether that's due to their families being comparatively unwealthy, or the fact that internet in many places in Cornwall is typically erratic and can go off for days at a time due to storms or poor signal (most of the houses here are made of granite, it doesn't help much)

Edited by SuperLink

Wow, the majority of opinions on the Xbox One are very negative indeed. I think it could get worse when E3 comes along. Oh Microsoft you.

I'm pretty confident they'll get better at E3 with the games inevitably being revealed there.

But to make the overall consensus really positive they need to completely backpedal all the awful anti-consumer features :/

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm pretty confident they'll get better at E3 with the games inevitably being revealed there.

But to make the overall consensus really positive they need to completely backpedal all the awful anti-consumer features :/

This, I agree with. I mean, I honestly want to like this console, but those "features" are just gonna make it a pain in the butt for me to use. sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Very positive. I honestly couldn't care less for Microsoft's current set of first-party franchises, especially when the Xbox One is basically a PC without the library to go with it. They claim they've got exclusives, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't be too quick to judge, y'all. They could really redeem themselves at E3 with Kinectimals One and More Halo™!

I'm sure that I will not like any exclusive games they show and we will see Dog of Duty in MS' E3 again (like it has been for I don't know). The new titles they are going to show are most likely Kinect titles and shooters.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

Well I'm expecting at least one exclusive game from the Rare Games We Miss Series™ or an exclusive game from another company everyone likes or something.

Still, like every console, it'll lose half of its launch exclusives to other systems anyway. Remember how the PS3 lost Assassin's Creed and tons of other exclusives cause it wasn't doing that well?

Either way I'm interested to see what's in store.

Edited by SuperLink

I'm remaining positive for E3, and to be honest I can see Sony doing some things MS has revealed that hasn't gone down well. Sony's show was almost all games, MS was almost all hardware and entertainment and social features. I could see them flip-flopping at E3, with MS filling the game void, and Sony answering the entertainment and social features questions.

At worst, MS and Sony will do the same thing in regards to used games and the need for occasional internet connection.

At best, MS will do things that Sony will not, it will hurt MS, they'll backpedal to match Sony.

At worster, MS will stick to their guns, it will actually help them in the long run, and Sony will follow suit. 

Anyway, I say wait until E3 for all the details. As of now I'm neutral on MS and Sony. 

I would 'like' that Carbo, but I'm outta likes. You're absolutely right though.

What the fuck are Microsoft doing? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm beginning to think they appointed the Dog from COD:Ghosts as New CEO quite frankly.

• Thumbs Up 8

That's it. Someone in Microsoft has to be trying to sabotage the company. The amount of mistakes Microsoft has made in this 24-hour period is literally unbelievable.

i mean they seriously wouldnt do all this shit for real would they?

RICE...oops, I mean RYSE, is confirmed to be an Xbox One exclusive. Complete with "Kinect-enhanced combat!"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/ryse-returns-for-xbox-one

If this came on the first Kinect I would be like "BAWWW IT'S KINECT, IT WOULD NOT WORK PROPERLY!" but Xbox One's Kinect is amazing and this would definitely benefit from it. This game is played with a controller, the motion controls are just additions (like Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour...except it'll be functional tongue.png )

If you don't remember Ryse, here's the E3 2011 trailer for it:

Edited by KrazyBean

Wasn't it announced as a full Kinect game? guess they dialed all that back. That teaser is basically a load of shti now haha

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79309/xbox-one-wont-allow-indies-to-self-publish-games

tumblr_m60otejCV41ro16tz.gif

Even Nintendo got this right, Microsoft. Let me repeat that in bold so it sinks in for a minute. Your online methods are more archaic than Nintendo. Fucking Nintendo.

...I can't even...its like they're going out of their way to ensure they have no games.