Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Also, couple things that slipped through the cracks:

VE6N7Mth.jpg

External PSU, HDMI video only and HDMI/Optical audio only confirmed. Buy up stocks in a company that sells DAC boxes.

But.. isn't that an internal AC in port on the far left?

That's sounds all nice and all, but will I be able to watch TV?

Not unless you buy the add on!

Oh my god, it just clicked that they spent that much time talking about something that is sold separately. x-x

• Thumbs Up 2

But.. isn't that an internal AC in port on the far left?

That's not a shotgun connector. They look like this:

IEC60320_C7_Socket.JPG

Probably. It's almost the same plug as is on the Slim:

xbox-36-slim-5.jpg

Though of course they won't be compatible, I'm sure.

This sounds familiar..

I don't know why, but I lost my shit at the "Real Navy Seals dog" part.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Nothing will ever top "Oh by the way: Saturn is available in stores now; and we didn't even tell developers!"

I thought the release date was just a few weeks away so the poor developers had to rush their games out! Wow SEGA. and critics compare Nintendo to how SEGA was like back then? Wat.

But yeah, this isn't that bad.

So wait this thing wont support an A/V slot? so SDTVs are out?

Damn, they better have a conversion cable then.

Haha, if Microsoft announces they'll give Banjo-Kazooie rights back to Nintendo, that will be the only thing that will keep me interested in watching their E3 conference.

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime
  • Thumbs Up 3

One of the IPs i guess and i swear it better be Banjo or conker and it better be good

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/rare-to-show-historic-franchise-on-xbox-one-at-e3

Not gonna be snarky. This is the first really cool news to come out of this whole Xbox One thing (well, aside from multi-tasking and the voice controls). But it is the first game related thing that has me excited!

I think with Sonic being Wii U exclusive, it would be great to see a Rare platformer make a big return.

If they make a new proper Banjo game, I'll honestly be a little heartbroken. I'm normally all for multiconsole, but with the One sounding so.. damn unappetising (needing to connect to the internet all the time, kinect can't be turned off, annoying used games system..) I'm genuinely hesitant to get the system, as much as I'd love to play a proper Banjo-Threeie.

Hmm. :c

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna be snarky. This is the first really cool news to come out of this whole Xbox One thing (well, aside from multi-tasking and the voice controls). But it is the first game related thing that has me excited!

I think with Sonic being Wii U exclusive, it would be great to see a Rare platformer make a big return.

but sonic is only going to be for 3 games pplus isn't there still that one that's supposed to be multi console that we haven't got much news about

I thought the release date was just a few weeks away so the poor developers had to rush their games out! Wow SEGA. and critics compare Nintendo to how SEGA was like back then? Wat.

But yeah, this isn't that bad.

It was originally scheduled for September of that year, the week before the PSX. September 2, 1995. They even called it "Saturnsday," because it was a Saturday. Almost all of the retailers and 3rd Party publishers were working as if it was going to be that date because that is what Sega told them in January at CES. 1995 was the first E3, and everyone went into it expecting the start of the hype for Sony and Sega squaring off.

Sega took the stage at E3 first (and, again, the very first E3, so everyone was watching and Nintendo was practically a no-show at the event) and said it was coming that day for a handful of US retailers; fucking over every retailer who weren't going to get the system early (one of those retailers was Wal-Mart, for an idea of how smart Sega was for doing it), every publisher who was getting games ready for the original date, and everyone who bought it because all of the games were poorly done rushed pieces of shit and there were only 6 of them; and destroying any ability to build up hype for the system in the following 4 months (which Sony took perfect advantage of).

From the bottom of the Xbox One page on Xbox.com:

Features and requirements are under development and may change prior to release. Available features and content may vary by country. Broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and advanced TV hardware required. Games sold separately.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xboxone/meet-xbox-one

but sonic is only going to be for 3 games pplus isn't there still that one that's supposed to be multi console that we haven't got much news about

True, I'm leaning toward that title to not be Sonic. If Sonic does hit One, which he will, it won't be until late 2014 by my guess.

I still think Phil Fish is a bit pretentious, he even sounds really self-entitled in that.

Still, MS and indies just don't get on and it seems like MS isn't trying to rectify that, so Fish does have a point in that aspect.

So, have you guys been checking out polls?

GameFAQs:

f7bc42af2a95ebed9fedd614b3f13f5b.png

Destructoid:

8f9680b786ed09005c98adda4259eea9.png

That's some pretty overwhelming negativity.. I don't remember it ever being this bad for Nintendo or Sony.

There's no way MS won't try to rectify this somehow.

I couldn't care less about what Phil Fish says, even if I kind of agree with him. The conference wasn't great lol.

It was originally scheduled for September of that year, the week before the PSX. September 2, 1995. They even called it "Saturnsday," because it was a Saturday. Almost all of the retailers and 3rd Party publishers were working as if it was going to be that date because that is what Sega told them in January at CES. 1995 was the first E3, and everyone went into it expecting the start of the hype for Sony and Sega squaring off.

Sega took the stage at E3 first (and, again, the very first E3, so everyone was watching and Nintendo was practically a no-show at the event) and said it was coming that day for a handful of US retailers; fucking over every retailer who weren't going to get the system early (one of those retailers was Wal-Mart, for an idea of how smart Sega was for doing it), every publisher who was getting games ready for the original date, and everyone who bought it because all of the games were poorly done rushed pieces of shit and there were only 6 of them; and destroying any ability to build up hype for the system in the following 4 months (which Sony took perfect advantage of).

I didn't know any of that, how interesting! Thanks, I could give you a like but my bloody like quota is all out. >_>

The Wii U only has an HDMI port as well tongue.png

PS. I lied to you in confidence

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle